Deleting sold item in OnSellItem:

aadritch2

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23

Is it possible to delete those items that were specifically "sold"?

For example, I have three +10 Example_Sword in my inventory, each of them has 3 Random Options, all of them has 'Holy Property' as their first random option, while their other two random options are all different from each other.
If I sold 1 Example_Sword, how can I delete only that specific sword and keep the others intact?

If i use delitem2 it's possible that it will delete the wrong item. But what about delitem3, can it take into factor the last two random options of the items?

EDIT: 

I noticed that items in inventory have unique id like GID in the database, is it possible to get this value like a @sold_gid[] array when using OnSellItem: and also delete the item using its "gid"?

Edited by aadritch2

3 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1268

@aadritch2 It looks like delitem3 would work, but as for using the unique id to delete items there isn't a command for that. You could remove it via SQL and kick the player, but they would need to go back to login screen and could create problems.

Thanks for the reply. The thing im not sure about delitem3 is how many random options can it take in consideration. I tried using delitem3 but i got disconnected from serve

EDIT:

Got it working now, I set the @sold_option1 to another variable first, and using that variable for delitem3 param instead of using @sold_option1 directly.
I can now differentiate item with random options, but only the first random options. Still cannot differentiate two items with two or more random option with the first option being the same.

It seems like delitem3 shows an error when I use it to delete an item without random options, but then, I use delitem2, there's a possibilty that it will delete another same item with random option.

Edited by aadritch2

Is it possible to specify which items were sold when using OnSellItem:? Similar to how normal NPC Shops know which items to delete when you sell items normally.
OnSellItem: only gives general data like item id, refine leve, etc. but it cannot pin point which items in the character's inventory were actually dragged to the sell window and were sold.
Please help, really need this.
 Wrong thread, my bad

Edited by aadritch2