Item db not readable

Loke

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  173

I have a problem on my server. I add custom item in item_db.txt then after I use @reloaditemndb all my items became apple/unknown items

I try to remove the custom item i put in item_db.txt but after i reload it again it still the same it seems that item_db.txt is not readable anymore.

also i try to put item_db.txt in import folder but no effect.

Anyone can fix this problem?

3 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

are you directly editing the files and uploading the files (like using any FTP client) ??

few years back, I had a similar issue, I was editing the item_db and save, at the background it was uploading the file to the server.

however, I didnt realize that its still uploading, and I did a reloaditemdb command, everything become an apple, broken. 

to fix that, I just re-save the item_db and have it re-upload to the server, wait for the progress to complete before do the reloaditemdb command.

* not sure if you're doing the same things i did tho.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

Could you post the item record and any map server errors relating to your item_db file?  Sounds like it may be a parsing issue to me.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  173

34 minutes ago, Emistry said:

are you directly editing the files and uploading the files (like using any FTP client) ??

few years back, I had a similar issue, I was editing the item_db and save, at the background it was uploading the file to the server.

however, I didnt realize that its still uploading, and I did a reloaditemdb command, everything become an apple, broken. 

to fix that, I just re-save the item_db and have it re-upload to the server, wait for the progress to complete before do the reloaditemdb command.

* not sure if you're doing the same things i did tho.

I did the same thing. It fix now for replacing to a new full db folder. Thank you