Hello again!! I am back!!

Zephyrus

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

Hi everybody. Long time away from Ragnarok but I am setting a new server for my old community.

Who remember me? who is still alive?

What about my Battlegrounds? I read about a 3.0 version... could someone emulate the virtual BG guilds I did?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Content Moderator
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  639

Good to see you around. :)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  623

You abandoned all who had bought the bg system, dropped without updates with a bugged emulator causing duplication of items.

Welcome back....

• MVP 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1137

Welcome back,i saw some activity after a year in assembla,

Good to see you again

26 minutes ago, Kakaroto said:

You abandoned all who had bought the bg system, dropped without updates with a bugged emulator causing duplication of items.

Welcome back....

I quit eAmod a time ago. My last version of eAmod was stable (I was the first using it with a 2010 exe), the one MINE, not including others work. I read someone sold it and did their customs mods, but I wasn't me.  If there was bugs, exploids, crashs, it wasn't my release. I am going to take a look on Assembla commits log.

• Upvote 1

Why I quit? Easy... no sales per months because of the discussion of "sharing it for free!!". I dont like the idea of work for free... But It don't matter right now, also, I am going to open eAmod for everybody, but first, I am going to take a look of those "Exploids" reports. I believe some of the members with upload rights to the SVN did something wrong.

• Group:  Content Moderator
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1676

welcome , nice to see you :P

well i don't know you but i know your bg eAmod that everyone come to ask me about it xD

hope to see more of you in the future

Edited by sader1992

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  192

21 minutes ago, Zephyrus said:

Why I quit? Easy... no sales per months because of the discussion of "sharing it for free!!". I dont like the idea of work for free... But It don't matter right now, also, I am going to open eAmod for everybody, but first, I am going to take a look of those "Exploids" reports. I believe some of the members with upload rights to the SVN did something wrong.

You got no sales per month because you sold it as "buy it once, get free updates for life".
And when you started to realise that you don't make any money, you started to take away our SVN reading rights and asked us for money.

You never fixed bugs and barely updated the project.
And when you finally updated it, you usualy broke several features which were originaly sold simply because you didn't bother to properly update it.

eAmod, originally, was a great mod with great features. The older it got, the less features it offered, or the ones available were simply broken.
But your service was the worst that someone can possibly get.

Also asking for money without actually offering a service usualy doesn't workout.
Especially not since you didn't sell it as a subscription in the first place. 

Edited by Everade

You got no sales per month because you sold it as "buy it once, get free updates for life". ( That's true )
And when you started to realise that you don't make any money, you started to take away our SVN reading rights and asked us for money. ( That's not true, The SVN is still working on Assembla, UP, and all members inside. I never asked for extra payments ).

You never fixed bugs and barely updated the project. ( My mother's death put me away a long time from Dev, When I came back I found 2 emulators, and a huge work of updates from rAthena. I just get it was impossible to merge updates as the rAthena dev team never stops merging changes )
And when you finally updated it, you usualy broke several features which were originaly sold simply because you didn't bother to properly update it. ( I am sure it wasn't me who did this, this "BG 3.0". eAmod as my work was stable, because I was the first user of it with 3 servers, and one of those Super WoE with +2000 players)

eAmod, originally, was a great mod with great features. The older it got, the less features it offered, or the ones available were simply broken. ( Everybody loves my BG 2.0, Housing Scripts, I remember a lot. Thanks ) Maybe they got broken but I am sure it was because people was trying to update theirself the SRC. Most of my scripts requires custom src mods.
But your service was the worst that someone can possibly get. ( And everybody crying and cleaning their tears with money from "donations" ) I already said and repeat one more time: "My support was about eAmod stuff". A lot, really a lot of server owners was asking me stuff like "how can I compile on linux", "how can i setup mysql", "how can i open ports"... and also questions about base emulator bugs, and I wasn't rAthena support staff.

Also asking for money without actually offering a service usualy doesn't workout.
Especially not since you didn't sell it as a subscription in the first place. 

Anyway, a lot of the old devs are gone, some pay services as mine quits too, like olders client shields. I am back and I will open eAmod so if someone wants to merge it into rAthena just can do it. I am not going to charge $$$ anymore, also, I dont need money anymore.

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

52 minutes ago, Zephyrus said:

I am back and I will open eAmod so if someone wants to merge it into rAthena just can do it.

Nothing should be merged into rAthena.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

With my new server already up I feel motivation.

I am going to rewrite eAmod and put all modifications on rAthena, starting by Battlegrounds.

BTW, It's true, there was a lot of buxes on eAmod SVN left behind by another DEV, but everything is fixed and I am going to merge all soon too for all old costumers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7

Good to see old people back here. ?

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  974

Ohh /omg Hi old pal! /heh

• 7 months later...

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  48

Are your project still alive? I hope you return to us!