[solved] Non-custom Costume Item not showing when equipped.

dwlrma

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31

Hello everyone, after reading and trying out all possible answers I've found on this forum, I cannot figure out why a handful of costume items are not showing up on my character when I equip them in game.
Note: I'm not using custom items, I'm only having issues with the official in-game items. (Ex: items like: costume alice wig). Here's what I have:

1. Sprites are working properly when checked with GRF Editor.
  2. There are no issues clicking/equipping/dropping/right clicking for item info.
  3. I do not get a crash or warning message if I click or equip any of these items.
  4. Item ID/display ID match in all my data grfs, lua/lub/ item_dbs/ etc (if I'm correct, unless the way I viewed the lua/lub files was incorrect)

I am not sure what to do and thought I'd ask before I gave up trying to fix it for now. Perhaps it's due to my client? Or maybe my data.ini is not reading it? The client I am using is 2015-11-04aRagexe and I have updated it using the provided rsus. I don't know much about programming and this kind of stuff (just started learning from reading the guides and pages on this site last week) so I apologize if there's an obvious solution and/or you're tired of reading these kinds of questions. Any help would be appreciated! I appreciate being able to even play regardless of these costume items not working! *^^*

edit: It turns out it was indeed my client causing the sprite issue. Thank you philfix.sai for solving my issue! /gawi 

Edited by dwlrma
added the solution to my issue

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43

7 hours ago, dwlrma said:

Hello everyone, after reading and trying out all possible answers I've found on this forum, I cannot figure out why a handful of costume items are not showing up on my character when I equip them in game.
Note: I'm not using custom items, I'm only having issues with the official in-game items. (Ex: items like: costume alice wig). Here's what I have:

1. Sprites are working properly when checked with GRF Editor.
  2. There are no issues clicking/equipping/dropping/right clicking for item info.
  3. I do not get a crash or warning message if I click or equip any of these items.
  4. Item ID/display ID match in all my data grfs, lua/lub/ item_dbs/ etc (if I'm correct, unless the way I viewed the lua/lub files was incorrect)

I am not sure what to do and thought I'd ask before I gave up trying to fix it for now. Perhaps it's due to my client? Or maybe my data.ini is not reading it? The client I am using is 2015-11-04aRagexe and I have updated it using the provided rsus. I don't know much about programming and this kind of stuff (just started learning from reading the guides and pages on this site last week) so I apologize if there's an obvious solution and/or you're tired of reading these kinds of questions. Any help would be appreciated! I appreciate being able to even play regardless of these costume items not working! *^^*

IMO: This is an incompatibility issue within your client. Try using higher client ver./release. /no1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9

I have same issue like you. After wearing the item appear on alt + e , dropped, just NO APPEAR ON MY CHAR after wearing the custom item that i added

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  31

On 3/25/2018 at 2:05 PM, philfix.sai said:

IMO: This is an incompatibility issue within your client. Try using higher client ver./release. /no1

@philfix.sai that you! I will try to find a higher/more recent client if I can find one. Thank you so much for the suggestion!! I really appreciate it!! /ok 

On 3/25/2018 at 5:47 PM, SoulxMaster said:

I have same issue like you. After wearing the item appear on alt + e , dropped, just NO APPEAR ON MY CHAR after wearing the custom item that i added

It's upsetting! If I ever find a solution I'll let you know. Hopefully we can both figure out the problem and finally be able to wear our items! /pif 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9

Yes. Thank you. I taking for almost 6 hours trying fix this shit but at the end nothing change. See someone other ppl so easily adding the custom item but for us , why being so hard sad sad

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  216

How to solve this? i used 2018-03-07 exe client.

and i have make sure the spriterobeid.lub + spriterobename.lub is correct.

anyone know to fix this?