so which is more reliable?

lllaaazzz

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154

new to all this, got past the server stuff and now playing around my server : 

when editing the DB's i started by using SDE (looks like GRF is for sprites and stuff?) , so i wanted to test crap so i changed the poring to 1 HP using SDE by targeting my db\pre-re , went to poring changed HP to 1 and reloaded everything, poring had 1 HP in game, im satisfied 

i go and check out the mobdb where im assuming all the information got updated and it still shows 50HP for poring on pre-re and 60HP for poring on re

will it not update here? i still havnt tested every one of my options yet but i figured id ask and see if i get any help

I also tried adding skills and and items with the bonus of being able to use that skill as a test and i cant seem to determine how my server reads the database since im pre renewal with all this renewal folders in my server. . . . So the final item ID as far as i can see in pre re is : 19507 Clear Sun, so i type 19508 and my new stuff and i get costume T gemmed sallet, which is 19508 on the renewal id list . . . OK so i set it to ID 31173 and then i just get errors in my map server and the thing is ignored or whatever (currently on fresh install, could recreate steps and post exact if requested but im sure we known what im talking about)

and as for the skills, the tutorial said i needed xray client to add any more skill ids otherwise the only thing i can do is replace and edit the current skills or something? Im just using this guys pre packed(for solo testing) and not sure yet if its xray or whatever (i cant even spawn my own item in so i cant tell without trying to modify the skill trees, not there yet[probably could edit an existing item])

like i said i didnt exhaust all my option yet for testing but if you could help thatd be great

Edited by lllaaazzz

4 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  763

For starters you should check if renewal is disabled in src/config/core.h

//#define PRERE
to
#define PRERE //Pre-Renewal

so your server would read the pre-re database/npc folders.
as for SDE if you save it properly it should be updated properly since i personally use it just make sure you load your pre-re database :))

as for adding custom items there are few basic steps. (import folder is for custom database)
1. Add the item data on db/import/item_db.txt  (make sure you @reload itemdb)

35000,Super_Potion,Super Potion,0,100,1,70,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,63,2,,,,,,{ itemheal rand(5000,9999),0; },{},{}

2. Add your item in iteminfo.lua/lub (so your item won't be displayed in apple)

[501] = {
		unidentifiedDisplayName = "Super Potion",
		unidentifiedResourceName = "빨간포션",
		unidentifiedDescriptionName = { "" },
		identifiedDisplayName = "Super Potion", //Item Display Name In Game
		identifiedResourceName = "빨간포션", //Item sprite to read for display
		identifiedDescriptionName = { //Description
			"A potion made from Supermans sweat.",
			"^FFFFFF_^000000",
			"Class:^0000FF Restorative item^000000",
			"Heal:^006600 5000 ~ 9999^000000 HP",
			"Weight:^006600 7^000000"
		},
		slotCount = 0, // If equipments this is for client slot display
		ClassNum = 0 // For headgears display id
	},

as for the other stuffs custom headgears skills reviewing the wiki will help for that :))

thank you

and what about the skills things? any way to confirm if im on the xray client (besides just trying)or whatever the pre reqs for adding skill ids? 

Edited by lllaaazzz

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  587

11 hours ago, lllaaazzz said:

thank you

and what about the skills things? any way to confirm if im on the xray client (besides just trying)or whatever the pre reqs for adding skill ids? 

Guides about xray client and the xray client itself is outdated. You don’t need them anymore.

IIRC, you can now add custom skills clients that utilize lua files for storing skill data.

yeah it seems that way since i had all the files and stuff no mention of xray or anything..

thank you sir, trying to get my new skills in game... then getting a map in.... idk if i should just keep this topic or make a new one in case i have another question, but you can close it or whatever