Fluxbb forum's Link problem

Gorder

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31

Hi everyone,

I'm using the current version of Fluxcp and Fluxbb. Fluxbb was setup as an addon. After integrated into Fluxcp, the link to Fluxbb Forum was automatically added at the bottom of the menu. However, when I clicked on it, it gave me the error below. Could you guide me how to fix this problem please? :)

Recoverable fatal error: Object of class Flux_Config could not be converted to string myserver.com/fluxcp/addons/fluxbb/themes/default/fluxbb/index.php on line 44

Note: i replaced my domain name with a dummy one (myserver.com)

Steps that I took.

1.Cloned and Installed Fluxcp

2. Downloaded Fluxbb from (https://fluxbb.org/downloads/) and placed it inside Fluxcp folder (fluxcp/fluxbb)

3. Installed fluxbb using this guide (https://gitlab.com/carloquilala/fluxbb/wikis/how-to-install)

4. Making changes to appropriate files using the guide above

5.Clicked on Fluxbb forum link and got the error.

Note: The forum link at the top (Between Home and News) is an external link that I enabled in FluxCP/config/application.php for testing purpose. Below is the picture of showing the link at the bottom of the menu where I clicked.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Gorder

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21

I apologize for such a late response to your January 24, 2018 question, but I only recently joined the rAthena forum.

The error message provided seems to be an unhandled Syntax Error:
Recoverable fatal error: Object of class Flux_Config could not be converted to string myserver.com/fluxcp/addons/fluxbb/themes/default/fluxbb/index.php on line 44

I would recommend submitting a GitLab Issue to the repository, however the FluxBB integration project was abandoned (9) months prior to your question.

I do not recommend using the FluxBB forum software as the latest update mentions a plan on dropping support for PHP 4.
PHP 4 hit end-of-life (EOL) on August 7th, 2008.

A more modern forum software should better serve your community.

Just an opinion:
Integrating forum software with a private server Control Panel might be unnecessary.

Most gamers communicate through Discord now, a third-party that does not officially support integration with FluxCP. Forum software that is not integrate with FluxCP would behave the same way as Discord. Users could claim to be whoever they wish. If rAthena Server Administrators truly need to connect an rAthena account to activity posted in a forum, IP address history should serve as a useful investigation tool.

Edited by WooZy
Corrected highlighting