<![CDATA[ <p> adsads </p> ]]>
</description>
<guid isPermaLink="false">11</guid>
<pubDate>Fri, 19 Jan 2018 10:51:00 +0100</pubDate>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>

I also follow these

https://rathena.org/board/topic/67027-rss2news-for-fluxcp/ (not working)

https://rathena.org/board/topic/109454-integrating-invision-power-board-with-flux-cp/ (added to application.php and not working)

also modified themes/default/main/index.php (nothing happens)

I'm like super confused @_@

could someone help me here?

/thx 

3 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

The only config you need to modify is in /config/application.php about half way down the file and change the new display option from built-in to rss feed. It'll then display the rss feed that you paste into the config for feed url. You don't need to modify anything else unless you want to change the layout of the feed.

If you're using a theme developed by someone and they provide an alternative rss feed solution, you will find this setting in their config file instead of the main fluxcp application.php file.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  83

5 hours ago, Akkarin said:

The only config you need to modify is in /config/application.php about half way down the file and change the new display option from built-in to rss feed. It'll then display the rss feed that you paste into the config for feed url. You don't need to modify anything else unless you want to change the layout of the feed.

If you're using a theme developed by someone and they provide an alternative rss feed solution, you will find this setting in their config file instead of the main fluxcp application.php file.

I changed the value in config/application.php AND the page CMSnewsRSS and nothing happens

I went into my theme in eADevconfig.php and tried in every xml code that said rss, nothing changes

tried in index.php in main folder from my theme and changed the value from '$rss->' and added rAthena news feed, it loads a bunch of random letters without any format (goes out of the page)

thanks for the help, i give up. you can close /ene

Edited by Rolf

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

See, the part where you're going wrong is changing things that shouldn't be changed. You can't change variables like $rss and still expect the feed to display.

Once you've changed the appropriate config values, check to see if it works. If it doesn't work, then you can post here with the code you've got and someone can try to help you - no one in their right might will try to undo all of your unnecessary changes :/ use clean unmodified code, change the configs, then post your code here and i'll have a look.