where do i go from here...?

lllaaazzz

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154

can someone point me at a new ish tutorial? i felt like i had to mix up 2 different guides and i hit an error i dont quite understand, im gonna take a 5 min breather but i figured id ask and see before the inevitable struggle

i get through the steps of getting rathena through gitbash and then open it up in visual express and build it (whatever the order is, i just forget as im writing this) , then i think im making a mistake here: im on windows 10 and they say i should be editting through my imports file... so first i try editing from directly in the conf folders (not imports) like he shows in the tutorial 

// Character Server IP
 // The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.
 // NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on
 // a machine with multiple interfaces.
 char_ip: 192.xxx.x.x < LAN IP

// The map server listens on the interface with this IP address.
 // NOTE: This allows you to run multiple servers on multiple interfaces
 // while using the same ports for each server.
 //bind_ip: 127.0.0.1

// Character Server Port
 char_port: 6121

// Map Server IP
 // The IP address which clients will use to connect.
 // Set this to what your server's public IP address is.
 map_ip: 69.xxx.x.x < WAN IP

so i tried that, and in the end i got this

step5.jpg

so i tried making edits in the imports folder/files : 

step1.jpg

I got the same problem, so i thought maybe this wasnt my mistake.

So i continued the tutorial and got into the sql server stuff ( i made sure to completely erase all data folders and stuff between every attempt)

installer sql server word by word here : https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki/SQL_Installation

Installed workbench 5.2 because it was the same as the one he used in tutorials.. but had errors executing some things, i believe it was outdated crap so i switched to 6.0(it carried all my stuff conveniently, so this could be the issue... but then i have trouble with the newer client of workbench being different layout completely ;_; ) so after i execute i jump back over to my 5.2... add new schemas for 'ragnarok", then heres another unspecif thing where he says we had to set ragnarok as default before adding our sql files for "main.sql" from our athena folder.... OK DONE NOW REPEAT FOR LOG... so i set it as main so all edits are directed there? then chose log.sql and then continue

and now its time for security privileges.... still using this site and nearing the end https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki/SQL_Installation

dont think my problem lies here. 

Next step is "additional configurations", i plan on playing with items and mobs so i go ahead and copy all the non REnewal stuff in the workspace set ragnarok to default and paste, then execute for both.... i think im fine here as well....

so to my understanding, i think i should be at the step where i should be able to log into the game with my admin account under a server hosted from my PC? i dont really know or see any instructions regarding rAthena >to> kRO client stuff . . . . and when i try launching my 3 servers i get the errors above...

thanks if you can point out any obvious errors or a up to date guide or whatever you can offer. 

until then i will just keep restarting trying new guides until it works.... gg all have a good Christmas 

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32

Follow This guide and try again i hope this work perfect