Gravity Error when Sound / BGM on

EvilDesign

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24

Hello Everybody,

I got a problem with my old client which has packetver 20120410 which I do not necessarily want to change so the basic problem is when I have the sound effects and background music activated in my setup I got gravity errors when logging in or going to any town which is really weird... after deactivating the sounds completely I got no errors - so maybe someone is out there which know how to fix this ;)

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  403

Hi. I might be asking the obvious but do you have the BGM directory (including its files) present in your RO folder?

And in your RO's GRF, do you see a file named mp3nametable.txt (or something like that)? 

Also, if you enable the sounds through the option window in-game - so not through the setup - does the crash also occur?

Edited by Najara

1 minute ago, Najara said:

Hi. I might be asking the obvious but do you have the BGM directory (including its files) present in your RO folder?

And in your RO's GRF, do you see a file named mp3nametable.txt (or something like that)? 

Also, if you enable the sounds through the option window in-game - so not through the setup - does the crash also occur?

Hey to first question yes to the second yes and  to the third no if im activating sound and bgm ingame everything works fine on that map like for example prontera - but if I change the map lets say to alberta i got a error. I also found out that the crashes dont come from the bgm because bgm on single works like a charm but sound effects on -> crash

• Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  403

51 minutes ago, EvilDesign said:

Hey to first question yes to the second yes and  to the third no if im activating sound and bgm ingame everything works fine on that map like for example prontera - but if I change the map lets say to alberta i got a error. I also found out that the crashes dont come from the bgm because bgm on single works like a charm but sound effects on -> crash

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

This makes me believe you're missing some official sound effects. Have you made any edits to your (r)data.grf (i.e deleted the wav files?) Try getting a more recent one and see if that resolves the problem, because I don't think something is wrong with the 2012 client.

Edited by Najara

On 23.12.2017 at 12:07 AM, Najara said:

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

This makes me believe you're missing some official sound effects. Have you made any edits to your (r)data.grf (i.e deleted the wav files?) Try getting a more recent one and see if that resolves the problem, because I don't think something is wrong with the 2012 client.

Thanks for the reply so I looked into my data.grf and rdata.grf all wav files are there.... I have tried change this grf with more recent files but still gravity error.... im going really frustrated with this error because dont know how i can fix it.....

EDIT: Thanks for your help I could fix the error which was caused by a npc i made long time ago where I wanted to play a sound via onpcloginevent...... 

Edited by EvilDesign