FluxCP Mailing system trouble

Checkmath

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16

I cant seem to make it work, whether its SMTP or pure php, never seems to happen
with errors: SMTP connect() failed. when I use tsl or ssl at ports 587 and 465 respectively

and when I use php, I get: Could not instantiate mail function.

By the lack of people talking about those errors I assume its something very dumb, so my first question is, do I have to use any 3rd part software to let the flux send the e-mails?

At this very moment I'm using:

'MailerFromAddress'            => '[email protected]',        // The e-mail address displayed in the From field.
    'MailerFromName'            => 'Squadfight - Hora do Show!',            // The name displayed with the From e-mail address.
    'MailerUseSMTP'                => true,                    // Whether or not to use a separate SMTP server for sending mail.
    'MailerSMTPUseSSL'            => true,                    // Whether or not mailer should connect using SSL (yes for GMail).
    'MailerSMTPUseTLS'            => false,                    // Same as above SSL setting, but for TLS.  This setting will override the SSL setting.
    'MailerSMTPPort'            => 465,                    // When MailerUseSMTP is true: SMTP server port (mailer will default to 25).
    'MailerSMTPHosts'            => 'smtp.gmail.com',                    // When MailerUseSMTP is true: A string host or array of hosts (e.g., 'host1' or array('host1', 'backuphost')).
    'MailerSMTPUsername'        => '[email protected]',                    // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized username for SMTP server.

With right password right below.
About the ports, they are open.

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

Everything above is correct, looks like a hoster restriction against spam. Are you using any shared web hosting, or cPanel hosting? Usually such companies just lock mailing functions for avoiding spam.

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

Gmail is very picky with where it allows smtp connections from. It has a special table somewhere that lists what you need to configure with specific ports and smtp host. 

From memory your setup looks fine, though. /hmm