Random Option for Vicious Weapons

Wickedknight2

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39

Hello guys! I have been messing around with @Alayne's Sky Fortress script, and came across a problem: Vicious Mind Weapons Options. I have been searching around the Forum and learned the basic about Random Options, and it worked properly, but there is one thing that i don't know if i am doing right. Since Vicious Mind Weapons have 3 Slots of possible Options, and lets say for example, 3 kinds of Bonuses for each Slot (So lets say, Slot 1: Bonus A,B,C/ Slot 2: Bonus D,E,F / Slot 3: Bonus G,H,J), do i really have to write down a line for every single possibility (Line1 : A,D,G / Line 2, A,D,H) or is there some more cleaner way? It gets even harder when it comes to the random percentage on each Bonus :(. Please don't judge me as lazy or something like that, because i have already done this tideous and time consuming method, the problem is how huge the script is now :L. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  135

On 27/11/2017 at 5:29 AM, Wickedknight2 said:

Hello guys! I have been messing around with @Alayne's Sky Fortress script, and came across a problem: Vicious Mind Weapons Options. I have been searching around the Forum and learned the basic about Random Options, and it worked properly, but there is one thing that i don't know if i am doing right. Since Vicious Mind Weapons have 3 Slots of possible Options, and lets say for example, 3 kinds of Bonuses for each Slot (So lets say, Slot 1: Bonus A,B,C/ Slot 2: Bonus D,E,F / Slot 3: Bonus G,H,J), do i really have to write down a line for every single possibility (Line1 : A,D,G / Line 2, A,D,H) or is there some more cleaner way? It gets even harder when it comes to the random percentage on each Bonus :(. Please don't judge me as lazy or something like that, because i have already done this tideous and time consuming method, the problem is how huge the script is now :L. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!

Well, to make the official way it's get hard, but you can do it as NPC way, players drop the weapon and go to a NPC to get the options, it's a better way since you need only to create group 1, 2 and 3 and in the npc make it random

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  108

waiting... :/ Share your script pls

On 13/12/2017 at 5:55 PM, AsiaGenius said:

waiting... :/ Share your script pls

I couldn't make it like official one :( , since the file ended up having like 30mb size, which kicked players when using @reloaditemdb, because of how long it took to load up. It would delay my server development too much if i kept it this way, so i just changed it so it would have way less Options than official, but i am still confident someone will teach us how to make it in some easier way :D.

3 hours ago, luan122 said:

Well, to make the official way it's get hard, but you can do it as NPC way, players drop the weapon and go to a NPC to get the options, it's a better way since you need only to create group 1, 2 and 3 and in the npc make it random

Wow thats some nice idea! Imma try that, thanks xD 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  626

Well that's also a good way to handle it.

Thought about it too tho.

Edit: If someone is interested in the Enchanter NPC, until the item_randomopt_db.txt structure will be changed to a bit less work-intensive way.
ViciousMind_Enchanter.txt

Regards,
Chris

Edited by llchrisll
Added Custom Vicious Mind Weapon Enchanter