Greed Island RO

Alayne

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  342

Hey peoples! I've been working on this for quite a long time now, so here's the project I'm currently working on.

Concept

It's an adaptation of Greed Island game, from Hunter x Hunter manga.

Base StoryLine

For those who could possibily not know this wonderful manga and this extraordinary arc, here's the storyline, directly taken from the manga:

Greed Island (グリードアイランド, Gurīdo Airando) is a fictional video game in Hunter × Hunter. It is played on the "Joystation", a videogame console, is out of print, and sells at auctions for at least 8 billion Jenny. The game transports its players' physical bodies into the world of Greed Island, only releasing them when they die (at which point they die in "real life" too), when they win, or when they use a special card in the game that lets them out. It can only be played by people who can use Nen. In actuality, it is a real place, an island located east of the Yorbian continent.

All items that are picked up on the island transform into cards. These items can be materialized into item form again by holding it and saying "Gain". If the item is not placed in the binder within a minute, cards that are turned into items cannot be returned into their card form again and the player would need to find the same item once more to get the card version again. Cards cannot be used outside of Green Island, and will not respond to "Gain," unless they are one of the three placed in a special binder obtained by clearing the game. Then they may be used in real life. There are four distinctive sets of different cards. These are the 100 Restricted Slot Cards, the 40 Spell Cards, the Unrestricted Slot Cards and the Game Master only Cards.

Each card has a difficulty level that's written on the upper right of the card. There are a total of 9 levels that's listed below, from the most difficult to the most easiest
to get in the game.

SS
  S
  A
  B
  C
  D
  E
  F
  G
  H

There is a limit on how many items can be transformed into cards. Once that  limit is reached other players that acquire the same item will not get it into its card form. The higher the card rank is, the lower its Card Transformations Limit would be. The only solution to gain the card is to steal it from another player, or kill someone which owe one, which will result in Book deletion.

Explanations

Even if the concept itself is not entirely usable in RO world, we can easily have it adapted to the universe.

The death party should be replaced with partial deletion, for example. On the other hand, each other point can technically be adapted: The card transformation, the questing, the hided section, the difficulty to obtain a card...

Requirements

To adapt GI to ragnarok world, we will need:

-To create the Ring and Book concept

-To create the 100 Fixed Cards

-To create n other cards, to be detected as "common"

-To code the spells cards effect

-To create at least the 100 quests for the fixed card

That's the basic line of the coding concept.

What about "RO" as we know it?

The main ro system can entirely be kept:

The monster hunting can became a part of the GI system.

The PvP will be used to get cards from players.

The GvG will simply disabled the card dropping system for the duration of the fights

The questing is clearly part of GI

etc...

Current Project progress?

As I said at the very start, the project did start a long time ago, stopping and starting over and over again.

Here's the actual state:

-Card functions => 100%, even if it still needs some modifications. Right now for instance, you need to provide the name of the targeted player in an input when prompted. Thought it's corresponding to GI system itself, it'll be more intuitive to use some custom skills. I'm still wandering about this

-Book functions ==> 95%. Main functions are allready done. I still need to update and improve some, but most of it are done.

-Quests process ==> 75%. most of the quest have been made, but some still needs to be added

-General pvp process ==> 50%. Killing process is made. I've also added a feature to enable / disable the pvp on certain maps, and prevent the whole server to turn pk. Therefor, the more time passes without death, the more maps will turn pvp and allow players hunting. Still need woe / gvg deconnexion.

-Effects / Graphics ==> 50% using only cutin, I've enabled some effects to show which player is part of the GI project or not. I'm also willing to show the book page you're on, but this still doesn't work

-System progress ==> 0%. I still need to determine a big bunch of things and how to make them work (correct use of gain, transforming item to cards, gain limit...) 

Need help?

I won't say now to some help. As that's a long shot project, the main help may come from quest ids or allready available scripts for quest, as I must still add a big bunch of it.

Also, I'm only running this on my test server, so don't expect to be able to test it right now, I can't afford a server online ^^ But I'll release the content once it'll be finished.

Edited by Alayne
  • Love 1