Clientinfo.xml

EJluciano

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

Hi I have a question regarding the clients that we use for our servers

does it connect thru the server via http?

because as you can see I am trying to do this on my home network

sample.thumb.png.0954c91c34f1b547077c714685230f3d.png

9 answers to this question

but the are using different login server using the same ports

• Group:  Content Moderator
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1676

dose it use port 80 or 8080 ?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  399

3 hours ago, EJluciano said:

Hi I have a question regarding the clients that we use for our servers

does it connect thru the server via http?

because as you can see I am trying to do this on my home network

I think u may want to ask what protocol maybe? It is tcp protocol. Those login server port, char server port, map server port run on the tcp protocol (u will see the protocol on port-forwarding). And the above diagram is wrong. U cannot use the same port number for server 1 & 2.. i can't never running on same port.. u should use different port number for server 1 & 2.

1 hour ago, Mikegyver said:

I think u may want to ask what protocol maybe? It is tcp protocol. Those login server port, char server port, map server port run on the tcp protocol (u will see the protocol on port-forwarding). And the above diagram is wrong. U cannot use the same port number for server 1 & 2.. i can't never running on same port.. u should use different port number for server 1 & 2.

well as a matter of fact I have been successful on sample1.com and sample2.com even if they are using the same ports since it is tcp port I assume it would do the same on my client the same way a url address works because my client info is using the domain not the ip address

4 hours ago, sader1992 said:

dose it use port 80 or 8080 ?

server 1 and 2 uses port 80 as the are just web servers  server 3 and 4 on the other hand doesn't have apache on it as it doesn't require running websites on it

1 hour ago, EJluciano said:

well as a matter of fact I have been successful on sample1.com and sample2.com even if they are using the same ports since it is tcp port I assume it would do the same on my client the same way a url address works because my client info is using the domain not the ip address

server 1 and 2 uses port 80 as the are just web servers  server 3 and 4 on the other hand doesn't have apache on it as it doesn't require running websites on it

well... web server sound much more appropriate.. when u talking just server, it is quite confusing. :P

EDiT: Client u use to connect to server? It is not connect using http protocol. U already mention on above. Http protocol is web-server. Not a game server. So. It is impossible the client to connect thru http.

It only can connect using the domain (since u not use the public IP, but u need to appoint public IP to domain). But at the end. It is using login server port as written in the clientinfo.xml - not thru http.

So, in ur clientinfo.xml, u need to alter the connection part. Since u want to run 2 servers. It should be like following

<connection>

</connection

<connection>

</connection>

And in here.. the login server port it cant be on same port 6900. It should be 6900 and something. But on local network. U can have 6900 coz on 2 different computer. But on public network. U only can have 1 login server port configure as 6900 on ur modem.

Additional Note: unless.. if u are running on 2-3 servers but using the same login server port. It will become like in official - on single id. U can select choose on different server.

Edited by Mikegyver

pztasLt.png

believe it or not this actually works

note that both ragnarok.ddns.net and

ragnarokprovider.ddns.net is under one single public ip address

the best part I could add additional servers on my home setup using the windows server 2016 as a relay

the bad part is I am currently configuring my hosting services which is why I'm back on hardware mode you may try in on your own server though

1 hour ago, Mikegyver said:

well... web server sound much more appropriate.. when u talking just server, it is quite confusing. :P

Both domain are using same public ip. But does these 2 using the same login-server? Or do these 2 server are running on separate login? If u are running on same login server, both server can be login using same id. So, if can use same login id. U can use same login port. But, if they are on separate id. U can't. So must use another port..

14 hours ago, Mikegyver said:

Both domain are using same public ip. But does these 2 using the same login-server?

Or do these 2 server are running on separate login?

If u are running on same login server, both server can be login using same id. So, if can use same login id.

U can use same login port. But, if they are on separate id. U can't. So must use another port..

apparently you may use reverse proxy to specify a certain virtual machine for the specified domain and yes both domains are using the same public ip they are currently using the same ports all you need is a pfsense switch to managed the stuffs on the photo

well.. i guess.. best of luck then. xD