can i host my ragnarok online and website fluxcp using my own pc?

raste28

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33

i just want to try hosting using my own pc can someone teach me how?

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  513

Yes you can, but you have to make sure that your internet connection is giving you public IP instead of NAT'd IPs.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  188

Yes , You can do it but at least you need 150 Mpbs of internet to make all players able to connect to your Server ( PC ) 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  399

On 02/08/2017 at 0:18 PM, raste28 said:

i just want to try hosting using my own pc can someone teach me how?

i guess nobody yet answer ur question. heh

Networking Side

well... i assume u already has successfully setup the server. just u want it to be accessible by player.

in this case, u should go to router setting. then there should be menu for port forwarding

just enter the ports there 6900 (login-server port), 6121 (char-server port), 5121 (map-server port) & 80 (HTTP port for website)

but, u have to be sure that the ISP is allow port forwarding. if not, the connection will not be establish

Server Side

u should i put the Public IP on char_athena.conf and map_athena.conf (login_ip, char_ip & map_ip)

how u gonna find ur public IP? simply just check link https://www.whatismyip.com/

Client SIde

u should not include the Public IP in the clientinfo.xml as the public IP will changing from time to time

this is called dynamic IP.. (as keep changing).

NOTE: YOU CANNOT USE STATIC IP UNLESS YOU PAY TO YOUR ISP TO GET THE PUBLIC IP BECOME STATIC

to check either your internet is static / dynamic IP is easy

check your current public IP. then, off the modem / router for about 2-3 minutes. then, on them back & check your public IP

if the public IP is same before & after u off your modem / router. then should be fine. it means that your internet is static IP

but if the public IP changes after u off your modem / router, it indicates your internet is dynamic IP.

to overcome the connection of the client to the server (as public IP in dynamic mode) is by using dynamic IP updater.

the updater will keep checking your public IP at certain of time. and if the public IP is changed, it will update it to your domain you used. (which means u should include domain name in the clientinfo.xml)

that's all.. i'll not gonna get into detail of how to setup port forwarding (Networking Side)

coz in setup this, it depends on each modem / router u use. perhaps by googling / youtubing might give u clear image on how to setup port forwarding on ur modem / router.

and i'm not gonna get into detail how to setup rA in ur own PC. there are lots of guidance in setup rA (both client-side & server-side)
anyway, good luck!

Edited by Mikegyver
  • Upvote 2