RoDex Mail no deletion with attachements

Everade

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192

Would be great if we could differentiate between items with and without attachements when it comes to deletion of mails.

So the system would only delete mails after X days without items or zeny attachements.

Reason:

Sometimes players send high value items and/or high amount of zeny.
Which then might be returned without being noticed by the sender due inactivity or not being noticed of it being returned.

This could result in loss of items and zeny which weren't supposed to be deleted.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

2 hours ago, Everade said:

Would be great if we could differentiate between items with and without attachements when it comes to deletion of mails.

So the system would only delete mails after X days without items or zeny attachements.

Reason:

Sometimes players send high value items and/or high amount of zeny.
Which then might be returned without being noticed by the sender due inactivity or not being noticed of it being returned.

This could result in loss of items and zeny which weren't supposed to be deleted.

I hope this change will not make item duplication (theoretically). Because I see here some case where items controlled only via MySQL, not a server. Just example: what if a player will be offline, that means we need to put an item to player storage directly or to his inventory. that means need at least check that everyone is offline on this account and account force-synced with MySQL database, and only then need to check free space for adding an item to storage or to inventory, then again need force-sync changed account with a server. And what will happen if a player will have full inventory? Or full storage? Very complicated and dangerous thing, but I hope possible to solve. Or what will happen if someone will crash map-server and date when need to send items back will be wrong. What next? It's just case. 

Edited by Anacondaqq

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192

I never said that the items should be transfered anywhere.
I said: it shall not delete mails with a current item or zeny attachement. That's all.