jmsngls

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43

May I ask some help and suggestions :D

I'm planning to host in digitalocean vps hosting, my questions are:

-VPS runs my RO server right? (rathena) i prefer phpmyadmin database

-Can I also install fluxCP(my ro website with domain such myro.tk) if yes, is there any tutorial?

-Can I also host there for my thor patcher? If yes, is there any tutorial?

To make it short can I host everything in VPS? Digitalocean

Reason for asking: I would like to try their suggestion in hosting in non RO hosting company. BTW I know how to run my server using wamp and I know how to setup fluxcp and thor patcher already on my desktop but on VPS using command promt? I don't think so but with guide I can manage to learn. i'm seeing those vps with additional screen what is that?

Thank you so much!

Edited by jmsngls

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1137

For all your questions simple answer would be  ~yes

There is plenty if guides around rAthena just search and find which one is more suitable for you!

Here some of them.to start 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  399

7 hours ago, jmsngls said:

May I ask some help and suggestions :D

I'm planning to host in digitalocean vps hosting, my questions are:

-VPS runs my RO server right? (rathena) i prefer phpmyadmin database

-Can I also install fluxCP(my ro website with domain such myro.tk) if yes, is there any tutorial?

-Can I also host there for my thor patcher? If yes, is there any tutorial?

To make it short can I host everything in VPS? Digitalocean

Reason for asking: I would like to try their suggestion in hosting in non RO hosting company. BTW I know how to run my server using wamp and I know how to setup fluxcp and thor patcher already on my desktop but on VPS using command promt? I don't think so but with guide I can manage to learn. i'm seeing those vps with additional screen what is that?

Thank you so much!

it is possible... in fact u can search in this forum for the guide.. just i want to give a sugesstion.. avoid using centos.. use debian / ubuntu instead... i'm doing service setup... i have encounter lots of difficulties / problem setup on centos.. but, in debian / ubuntu.. things going smoothly.. so, for starting.. i would advice u to use debian / ubuntu..

haru.JPG

10 hours ago, Cyro said:

For all your questions simple answer would be  ~yes

There is plenty if guides around rAthena just search and find which one is more suitable for you!

Here some of them.to start 

Thank you for answering and providing useful links.

So for installing apache is pre requisite for installing FluxCP/my RO website and thor patcher?

I just need to install in VPS are (Apache, Phpmyadmin, rAthena) and I will just install fluxcp and thor with wincp and update my phpmyadmin via http://Yourip/phpmyadmin/ and edit my rAthena with wincp also?

4 hours ago, hazimjauhari90 said:

it is possible... in fact u can search in this forum for the guide.. just i want to give a sugesstion.. avoid using centos.. use debian / ubuntu instead... i'm doing service setup... i have encounter lots of difficulties / problem setup on centos.. but, in debian / ubuntu.. things going smoothly.. so, for starting.. i would advice u to use debian / ubuntu..

haru.JPG

I appreciate your suggestion sir, but I would like to setup with myself or with a guide to learn, and main reason to host in a non RO hosting related is to save. Thank you so much.

4 minutes ago, jmsngls said:

I appreciate your suggestion sir, but I would like to setup with myself or with a guide to learn, and main reason to host in a non RO hosting related is to save. Thank you so much.

yes. u need to setup it by urself. but during u about to rent digital ocean vps, u should choose over debian / ubuntu.. don't choose centos.. since u saying u want to look for digital ocean, u should know that there are plenty linux distrubutions are available.. i not really recommend centos.

EDIT. i'm not saying i want to setup ur server. i'm saying based on my experience during setup the server, u will across lots of difficulties if using centos. so please don't get me wrong.

Edited by hazimjauhari90

30 minutes ago, jmsngls said:

So for installing apache is pre requisite for installing FluxCP/my RO website and thor patcher?

I just need to install in VPS are (Apache, Phpmyadmin, rAthena) and I will just install fluxcp and thor with wincp and update my phpmyadmin via http://Yourip/phpmyadmin/ and edit my rAthena with wincp also?

exactly 

27 minutes ago, jmsngls said:

I appreciate your suggestion sir, but I would like to setup with myself or with a guide to learn, and main reason to host in a non RO hosting related is to save. Thank you so much

he just suggesting you his opinion to use different operating system! since he ffeels its better and stable , i use centos so i gave guides for it :)

31 minutes ago, hazimjauhari90 said:

yes. u need to setup it by urself. but during u about to rent digital ocean vps, u should choose over debian / ubuntu.. don't choose centos.. since u saying u want to look for digital ocean, u should know that there are plenty linux distrubutions are available.. i not really recommend centos.

EDIT. i'm not saying i want to setup ur server. i'm saying based on my experience during setup the server, u will across lots of difficulties if using centos. so please don't get me wrong.

Yea I read some setups using ubuntu, will look for more guides on that. Sorry for misunderstanding it.

Edited by jmsngls

Thank you so much @Cyro :D I will follow your guide.

One more thing, I can change ip address directing to my flux into a domain right? like (http://www.myragnarok.tk) any guide on this setting thru putty? or in my VPS

Edited by jmsngls

4 minutes ago, jmsngls said:

Thank you so much @Cyro :D I will follow your guide.

One more thing, I can change ip address directing to my flux into a domain right? like (http://www.myragnarok.tk) any guide on this setting thru putty? or in my VPS

you need to point out your domain dns/name servers to your vps ip 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jmsngls said:

Yea I read some setups using ubuntu, will look for more guides on that. Sorry for misunderstanding it.

just go for ubuntu... if u working on rAthena using git diff command, u will see the diff more clearly on ubuntu.. the diff on ubuntu comes with green & red color which make u easier to notice the changes.. see the below screenshot... if u really optimize & utilize git diff & git status command, u will loves using ubuntu..

595994dfa966c_gitdiff.thumb.png.a1f4e3d4ef641241ba8363b24f0024c2.png

there are some mores advantages using ubuntu rather than on centos... customization & modification of apache webserver (adding virtual server) & phpmyadmin.. but for these 2, i don't think u will go that far for the customization & modification..

16 hours ago, Cyro said:

he just suggesting you his opinion to use different operating system! since he ffeels its better and stable , i use centos so i gave guides for it :)

i'm prefer ubuntu not because of its stability reason, but bcoz it is more on handy & easy to use & manage (if u loves doing lots of customization & modification). if just doing default setup, i think it shouldn't be a problem (especially for beginners who are just to get things work around)