• Content Count:  1443

2 hours ago, Akkarin said:

This has made my day.

Haha someone sounds like akky <3

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51

This project looks cool. I hope your IRL stuff will work out okay :)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4

Could you clarify if you're going to open source the client and provide a deadline? I'm ready to start writing plugins and help if you do release the code. A lot of feedback here were also ignored.

I understand that it's your code, your property, we have no right to say anything. But you're not building any good faith when you ignore people and come here to ask for help. I hear people saying the same thing on Discord, many people want to help but won't if it's closed source.

What's stopping you from charging people $500 for the client and tooling once it's ready? Or to pivot and sell it as your own engine and ignore Ragnarok Online? Why would we not expect your project to fail and get abandoned just like so many others did in the past decade? It's a two way street.

21 hours ago, Temtaime said:

Hello !
I want to remake the interface, so is there someone who can draw and is interested in it ? We can make brand new, better interface.
Write me.

This worries me because it shows that you are trying to move further away from the base game and/or are not following a vision. And that you're not leveraging the power of the community that could write these things for you.

I wish you success and I think you could really change this game for the better. I'll watch your progress from the sidelines to see if you ever open source it and if not this is my last post here. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  48

On 8/15/2017 at 6:33 PM, jpg said:

Could you clarify if you're going to open source the client and provide a deadline? I'm ready to start writing plugins and help if you do release the code. A lot of feedback here were also ignored.

I understand that it's your code, your property, we have no right to say anything. But you're not building any good faith when you ignore people and come here to ask for help. I hear people saying the same thing on Discord, many people want to help but won't if it's closed source.

What's stopping you from charging people $500 for the client and tooling once it's ready? Or to pivot and sell it as your own engine and ignore Ragnarok Online? Why would we not expect your project to fail and get abandoned just like so many others did in the past decade? It's a two way street.

This worries me because it shows that you are trying to move further away from the base game and/or are not following a vision. And that you're not leveraging the power of the community that could write these things for you.

I wish you success and I think you could really change this game for the better. I'll watch your progress from the sidelines to see if you ever open source it and if not this is my last post here. Good luck!

Hi !

Please, can you tell what feedback was ignored ?

As you have noticed, it's my property and i don't want to simple share it with somebody who didn't passed a minute developing it, but can fork and state that it's now his. For now client won't get opensource, but for future i can change my mind, so currently i cannot respond how it will be in the future.

Please, note that i don't force someone to help me, if someone doesn't want to do this, he can simple pass by. 

I am a very familiar with RO, so i chose EAthena as MMORPG server. I have wrote MMORPG client for EA, not for RO. Yes, it emulates RO currently, but soon it will able to load any custom content using any 3d format.

I have a clear vision for RO, i don't want to remake it or to remake EA with it. Speaking for help that i requested to remake UI - i am not going to change it much, but i want to freshen it up a little, make more user-friendly. I am not going to change game basis.

And yes, i think i cannot guarantee that this project wouldn't fail, but i will do my best to not to fail it, and as you can see, it is currently released and have updates. I didn't investigated into all other projects, but it seems that my client already went far.

• Love 1

There's a new release, hey ! http://aesir.perfontain.ru/forum/index.php?/topic/8-beta-v011

Now UTF8 is default charset, so it can supports 583 different languages and other unicode symbols !

Also i am making test server, so everyone will be able to connect and test Æsir with it.

image.png

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  354

You project is going very well. I want to see whats will happen.

Just pay attention on the original game client, it hs made on base of another Gravity's game so you can find many unused codes. Some can be useful, and some are useless. Well, Gravity was improved a lot their clients this year, fixing some issues, improving the basic interface with more user-friendly systems. And they might yo improve more it on next year.

Maybe you can save or waste some time trying to keep your client working with the last version of Ragnarök avalible.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7

I've created a post for anyone that wants to try AEsir with rAthena, check out: http://aesir.perfontain.ru/forum/index.php?/topic/9-guide-for-setup-aesir-client/

• Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  399

Incredible progress, @Temtaime! I've pledged $5/mo to you on Patreon. It's not much, but I may increase in the future.

If you're interested in seeing this project succeed, I encourage you to also pledge to Temtaime's Patreon account. This is the first client project that has actually been produced that didn't close before a public release was made available ever that I'm aware of. This is huge.

Congrats, Temtaime! I look forward to seeing how your project develops moving forward. If there's any manner I may be of assistance in the future, do let me know.

I am, however, experiencing difficulty getting the client to run: "msaa not supported" 

Edited by jTynne

Thanks for your support guys ! That means very much.

Winter effects are coming

qnXX

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  46

very nice!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all !
A new beta is released !
Get it there : http://aesir.perfontain.ru/forum/index.php?/topic/10-..
Key changes include : ground skill effects and finally damage numbers.

• MVP 2
  • Like 1

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  763

I really like the multiple language support keep up the good work :))

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  116

Hi, I would also like to pledge and look forward to this project. Please send me a message to discuss further.

More power to you and your team (if you have one working with you).

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13

Im left speechless.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for such a delay, was too busy, but now a new version is released !

Key features: chat battle mode support, skill bar with working hotkeys!

http://aesir.perfontain.ru/forum/topic/13-beta-v021/

image.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  399

With the latest, all I get is :

msaa not supported

And then it loads Amatsu's trees and I can't do anything in the window. o.o

It is disabled in the settings.

You have to have created characters in the account, then you'll be able to logon in the game.

For now char creation is not supported and it'll appear in 1-3 next betas.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

Is it a browser client or a fat client? Did you consider merging with robrowser or using it as a resource? Good work tho! I have been looking for years to get rid of the horrendous kro client. Please make it possible for us ;)

It's desktop client that runs natively, currenty x86, but making it run on mobile platforms will be possible and will be achieved in a near future

• Love 1

That's some weird practice to silently remove any posts with links to patreon for example.

And voilà there's a link on the main page to donate RAthena.

Why RAthena project has such a iink and other projects cannot have it ? Some kind of double standards.

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

See the forum rules and guidelines. They haven't changed in the last 2 years.

You should've been awarded warning points for advertising under the solicitation rule. The only double standard here is that one moderator is hiding posts without following up with warnings.

(The rules are changing in the very near future, but until then you need to keep tour patreon link to your own forum)

Hi guys !

Beta v0.3.0 is here !

Key feature is support of npc shops, yay !

More info http://aesir.perfontain.ru/forum/topic/15-beta-v030/

image.png.dfb913ce68de414f831eae32e685058b.png

• Love 1

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  862

That looks really good, smooth and clean. Nice work!

Rynbef~

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  51

Some nice progress there, still doesn't make any sense not making it OpenSource. There are a whole bunch of licenses which exist that could protect you from code theft and other problems.

Hell, I'd consider "donating" again if you went that path. To be honest, I was pretty hyped to be one of your patrons for like 1-2 months and then too many questions/problems arose in my head and I cancelled it :(

If the reason you keep a closed source is you want to make money by selling your client to some servers well then good for you, but be honest about it. Thanks.

Edited by eleriaqueen

Hi !

Thanks for a feedback.

I'll think about it.

Speaking about « selling » - client will be always available publicly for free for everyone who wants use it as a replacement for original one, removing problems with gravity. That's main project goal. Also there will be support for custom 3d models in near future. One will be able to replace all the gravity's resources.

Edited by Temtaime
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1