Error on loading custom model

asakuralara

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21

Hello everyone, i hope you can help me with this HUGE (at least for me) problem :( 

im trying to add a model and a texture into browedit so i can start working on my maps (i just back again to the RO world), the problem is: the model is not apearing on the !@#$%^ editor (browedit) since a i didnt find the rsm editor on the browedit 2 (last release) i used the revision 586 to convert the 3ds into rsm, the in the same BE rev 586 i used the rsm editor to define the model textures, after that i add the model into the grf, now in this screenshots im showing the model, and of course, maybe you will say "maybe your model have too much polys..." but the i made a simple box, and import it again into the BE and still nothing, here are the screenshots with the route in the romodels file, i copy just the exact king of route the other models use, but nothing, again, i hope you can help me with this, and thank you so much in advance.

NOTE 1.- Borf himself gave me the BE v2 yesterday so im using the right one i think

NOTE 2.- Im using the BE rev 586 just for the rsm editor / 3ds2rsm converter, if you dont mind can you please tell me if there is another tool in the BE v2 to do that?

NOTE 3.- Even when im using the same kind of route in both BE just the rev 586 show the texture in the editor :/ 

again thank you so much and im sry for my poor english and for bother you.

Amestrisx

18987410_10158689167380567_182612986_o.png

19022764_10158689223980567_1491825240_o.png

brow586.png

modelblank.png

routemodel.png

routeText20.png

routeText586.png

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Hi there.

You have to get used to this if you want to get into 3D and ragnarok maps. Nothing works. I myself learn new tricks each day.

That model is bad, should be 1k polygons, optimize it :) (surface modifiers or... just split it in different parts)

(select half of polygons, select detach, export selection as single object <- repeat)

Edited by Olrox
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

You should be using browedit 1.0 when you work with custom models.

2.0 is compatible but not 100%. Just add it to the model directory of your grf and load it. Make sure the textures are 24bits bmps, and thats it. Save your map but with browedit 1

I dont know if this is the first time you add custom model, but if it is, you should try first to re-texture an official RO model and test to add it in game as an unique model, to see how things works out when you make it read on your grf before making your customs.

Then after you are sure this model is being read, replace the .rsm file with your custom.

Edited by Olrox
  • Upvote 1

update.- i git the rev 620 and finally the models are appearing in the editor BUT i got this error and when i try the map (in fact i just add the model to prontera so i can test it faster) 

cRsmModel: Could not locate root mesh

the model have

polys 6676

verts 5754

anybody know why?

polycount.png

Edited by asakuralara

UPDATE 2

i was trying to add RO model into prontera and save the map.... BUT, when i test it, it just.... was the same prontera..... God... its all a mess.... can someone help me please? i double check the route to the folders, and the server is properly configurated... so why the BrowEdit dont do the modifications? im so confused!!!!

33 minutes ago, Olrox said:

Hi there.

You have to get used to this if you want to get into 3D and ragnarok maps. Nothing works. I myself learn new tricks each day.

That model is bad, should be 1k polygons, optimize it :) (surface modifiers or... just split it in different parts)

(select half of polygons, select detach, export selection as single object <- repeat)

yes BUT, thats not the entire problem, i just put diferent models in prontera and when i save the map, and  try it in game, those models are not show either, and im talking about the models that RO has for default, not custom.... so i cant even modify one map already made, as i said, the routes are corect and the models i used are just the default models

1 hour ago, Olrox said:

You should be using browedit 1.0 when you work with custom models.

2.0 is compatible but not 100%. Just add it to the model directory of your grf and load it. Make sure the textures are 24bits bmps, and thats it. Save your map but with browedit 1

I dont know if this is the first time you add custom model, but if it is, you should try first to re-texture an official RO model and test to add it in game as an unique model, to see how things works out when you make it read on your grf before making your customs.

Then after you are sure this model is being read, replace the .rsm file with your custom.

:( ill try to explain better

using brow edit rev 620 stable:

lauch the app -> open map (prontera) -> add any DEFAULT model (for example, another prontera house) save the modification (file->save) all in browedit revision 620 stable, i tried with revision 586 also, and with the same result, aloooooong time ago, i made a lot of maps (around 100) for a friend server, and she use it with no problems at all.... i guess im missing something.... i need to find it, anyway thank you for answer