How to recompile offline server

Rain408

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77

Hello,

I'm currently using the "[rAthena] Ragnarok Online offline newbie package 2017". I'm very familiar with recompiling an online server through putty, but I can't seem to do that here because I cannot connect to an offline server with putty.

I next try to use visual studio 2017 to recompile the server. I simply open the entire rathena folder in visual studio, and tried to build a solution/debug every possible file that was an option only to fail.

I tried building a solution/debug every file while running runserver_PRERE.bat and having it off. When runserver_PRERE.bat was on it simply ran into errors such as c1083 & etc... Mainly stated it was unable to located src files. When runserver_PRERE.bat was off, it tried to connect to server but couldn't.

After exhausting all my options and looking through the forums. It seems to me, I'm not intelligent enough to figure out a solution on my own. May someone please provide a detail guide, because the current guides I found on rathena isn't suffice for me.

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  763

32 minutes ago, Rain408 said:

Hello,

I'm currently using the "[rAthena] Ragnarok Online offline newbie package 2017". I'm very familiar with recompiling an online server through putty, but I can't seem to do that here because I cannot connect to an offline server with putty.

I next try to use visual studio 2017 to recompile the server. I simply open the entire rathena folder in visual studio, and tried to build a solution/debug every possible file that was an option only to fail.

I tried building a solution/debug every file while running runserver_PRERE.bat and having it off. When runserver_PRERE.bat was on it simply ran into errors such as c1083 & etc... Mainly stated it was unable to located src files. When runserver_PRERE.bat was off, it tried to connect to server but couldn't.

After exhausting all my options and looking through the forums. It seems to me, I'm not intelligent enough to figure out a solution on my own. May someone please provide a detail guide, because the current guides I found on rathena isn't suffice for me.

Use Visual Studio 2013 :))

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77

On 6/2/2017 at 4:11 AM, crazyarashi said:

Use Visual Studio 2013 :))

I downloaded VS 2015, and now it will build a solution. I thought that would fix my issue, but the src is still not updated.

I went to debug the solutions, but it gets stuck when it's trying to connect to the charserver-exe. The program wont connect, may i ask what can i do to fix this? I was looking through my rathena folder, but can't find the correct file to modify to correct this connect issue.

asf.png

Edited by Rain408