Poison and Blind Full Screen

MrMystery

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

I have been searching for quite a while and cannot find any place mentioning how to fix the blank space around the effects of blind and poison statuses.

In case you need a visual:

screenrAthena001.thumb.jpg.66c0803d5a0165d23238490bc758a0a6.jpg

So far the only option I see is to not have any zoom on the client, but that's a very awkward feeling for most players.

I've tried resizing the fullb.tga and white02.bmp, but that ends up looking like the following. So I'm guessing that the area of blind is coded into the client. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the issue?

screenrAthena000.thumb.jpg.3c4b3d65f665ddfa9ac966f5a25ac0ce.jpg

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789

i think putting a limitation on camera angle views will fix it

I tried patching the client again with the following patch:

-Increase zoom by 75%

And none of the "Fix camera angles" patches selected, and still have the same result. I tried with different combinations of angles, but they all yield the same result as above. No luck.

Thanks for replying though!

Sorry for double posting, I just came across some more information. Perhaps this should be moved to another section based on this.

The dimensions of blind and poison effects are set by the client and because of this zooming in and out won't adjust the dimensions of the status area. You'll notice that the Demon of The Sun Moon And Stars effect at early levels actually spans the entire screen even when slightly zoomed out because the client is stretching the blind effect to a larger height x width.

The solution here would be to have the client stretch the base blind effect over a larger area and adjust the gradient of blind accordingly. Unfortunately I am unable to find the HEX or whatever it may be that determines the height and width of blind or poison.

P.S. The main reason I am requesting this is because almost all newer monitors are widescreen (so why play in square?) and almost all servers allow zoom of some sort. It makes blind and poison look terrible and certainly doesn't help the game age well.