About NEMO Patcher

RedMonkey

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  87

Can someone with a good heart explain to me what is the meaning of "Enable DNS Support" and it is used for what? is this something like I can use a domain name instead of IP at clientinfo.xml?

if it is, what is the difference of using a domain name from a normal IP? login server ip does not affect char and map server ips right?

Thanks 

Edited by akosivinmark

7 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1137

Source - Google 

Domain Name Servers (DNS) are the Internet's equivalent of a phone book. They maintain a directory of domain names and translate them to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.

This is necessary because, although domain names are easy for people to remember, computers or machines, access websites based on IP addresses. 

Information from all the domain name servers across the Internet are gathered together and housed at the Central Registry. Host companies and Internet Service Providers interact with the Central Registry on a regular schedule to get updated DNS information. 

When you type in a web address, e.g., www.jimsbikes.com, your Internet Service Provider views the DNS associated with the domain name, translates it into a machine friendly IP address (for example 216.168.224.70 is the IP for jimsbikes.com) and directs your Internet connection to the correct website. 

After you register a new domain name or when you update the DNS servers on your domain name, it usually takes about 12-36 hours for the domain name servers world-wide to be updated and able to access the information. This 36-hour period is referred to as propagation.

26 minutes ago, Cyro said:

Source - Google 

Domain Name Servers (DNS) are the Internet's equivalent of a phone book. They maintain a directory of domain names and translate them to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.

This is necessary because, although domain names are easy for people to remember, computers or machines, access websites based on IP addresses. 

Information from all the domain name servers across the Internet are gathered together and housed at the Central Registry. Host companies and Internet Service Providers interact with the Central Registry on a regular schedule to get updated DNS information. 

When you type in a web address, e.g., www.jimsbikes.com, your Internet Service Provider views the DNS associated with the domain name, translates it into a machine friendly IP address (for example 216.168.224.70 is the IP for jimsbikes.com) and directs your Internet connection to the correct website. 

After you register a new domain name or when you update the DNS servers on your domain name, it usually takes about 12-36 hours for the domain name servers world-wide to be updated and able to access the information. This 36-hour period is referred to as propagation.

You have not answered the question sir. if there's a thumbs down; i have already given that to you; you are a forum moderator yet you spam posts and comments unuseful content.. i am talking about NEMO patcher's diff behavior. please try to read.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  58

if you don't like technical terms, maybe think of it as an alias of your IP. You can also change your IP without needing to update the clientinfo.xml. just update your dsn.

4 minutes ago, akosivinmark said:

You have not answered the question sir. if there's a thumbs down; i have already given that to you; you are a forum moderator yet you spam posts and comments unuseful content.. i am talking about NEMO patcher's diff behavior. please try to read.

He gave you the right answer and the complete one. If you don't understand it doesn't mean it's a spam.

Edited by maxine02

3 minutes ago, maxine02 said:

if you don't like technical terms, maybe think of it as an alias of your IP. You can also change your IP without needing to update the clientinfo.xml. just update your dsn.

He gave you the right answer and the complete one. If you don't understand it doesn't mean it's a spam.

Read again.

it is used for what? is this something like I can use a domain name instead of IP at clientinfo.xml?

if it is, what is the difference of using a domain name from a normal IP? login server ip does not affect char and map server ips right?

Did i ask what is DNS? No.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  58

Just now, akosivinmark said:

Read again.

Did i ask what is DNS? No.

Maybe you're the one needs the reading. If you read it all, the answer is all there. Even example are there. 

Just now, maxine02 said:

Maybe you're the one needs the reading. If you read it all, the answer is all there. Even example are there. 

Where is the explanation there if it affects the char ip and map ip? Straw sucker.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1137

On 5/17/2017 at 7:14 AM, akosivinmark said:

hello there , if you find any post that contains  spam or non-related to your post you can always use "report post" button

PS- you need to improve your understanding skills so you can find the answer for you question :) 

perhaps the answer for your question  can be found in google easily, so i did it for you and posted the answer ,