Opening a new server

Himfeel70

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

Hello

I'm planning to open a general server, like an official one anyone can join

can you suggest me the best way to create a server that can handle above 500 players + how much it would cost

sorry if i'm writing my topic in the wrong forum . .waiting your answer

thank you

• Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197

Well official is a bit vague since IRO has both renewal and pre-renewal servers.

First you need to research whether you want Re or Pre

Then as for player count, If you plan to have 500+ player i would go with a vps or dedicated. I wouldn't run it from a home PC. As for price it all depends on where you go. I see vps/dedicated for 30 to 100+ a month depending on where you go. Might find some RO specific server tho i tried 1 once and it was awful tho i heard a lot of people have good result with them. So do your research, check their reviews and if they have a lots of bad reviews i would stay aways.

Edited by mirabell
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  171

OVH for hosting server super inexpensive and there are plenty of guides on the forums to setup the server itself. if you want something that follows official and most likely has no missing features you can always go with a pre-re server since most if not all pre-re features are available in rathena this will give you more of a feature complete server.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mirabell said:

Well official is a bit vague since IRO has both renewal and pre-renewal servers.

First you need to research whether you want Re or Pre

Then as for player count, If you plan to have 500+ player i would go with a vps or dedicated. I wouldn't run it from a home PC. As for price it all depends on where you go. I see vps/dedicated for 30 to 100+ a month depending on where you go. Might find some RO specific server tho i tried 1 once and it was awful tho i heard a lot of people have good result with them. So do your research, check their reviews and if they have a lots of bad reviews i would stay aways.

I'm planning to open 2 in one .. like you can get in Pre or Renwal when you open the server

yeah, i have my own  VDS server . . . i would like to ask the steps to setup the server and where to find the files here in RaAthna

thank you

19 minutes ago, sikiro said:

OVH for hosting server super inexpensive and there are plenty of guides on the forums to setup the server itself. if you want something that follows official and most likely has no missing features you can always go with a pre-re server since most if not all pre-re features are available in rathena this will give you more of a feature complete server.

I already have my own VDS server and yes i want it to follow the official servers

where can i find the features\files here in rathena?

thank you

26 minutes ago, sikiro said:

the easiest way to find what features are available is to look at development news or follow the changes in GitHub. there are some features you can actually test before they are added to the master branch to help speedup the development process.

Oh thank you

then any suggestion of features that would work well for medium\moderate server?

also i want the steps to setup the server . .thank you