Tracker of the Bugs; The Devs need your help!

Akkarin

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

bug1.png bug2.png bug3.png

The Bug Tracker badges are itching to be applied to your forum accounts!

In an effort to close a few of our 40,000 open issues (199 at the time of this post), the devs are seeking your help. We need users to help our devs out by picking a page on the issues list, reading a few of the open issues and commenting on whether or not you can reproduce the issue. The devs are steaming ahead with the implementation of new features, ironing out bugs from older features, updating skills, etc, so i thought it'd be nice if some members of the community could provide some input on a few of the issues to help them out!

We're aware that sometimes there's an issue that is over two years old and gets forgotten about, then another user opens an issue that essentially duplicates them, but only the most recent one gets closed off properly via the commit message, because the first/original issue may have been forgotten.

Aleos and I will be handing out Bug Tracker badges to users who provide helpful input on any 5 issues that are more than a year old (or anything past page 4).

Helpful input is:

• Confirmation of a bug that still exists
  • Testing and providing an update if the reported bug is now giving different results
  • Proving that the issue can be closed by commenting with commit hashes relevant to the fix, or referencing other open issues relating to the same problem

Happy hunting boys and girls!

• Upvote 5

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

Super nice! Good job @Akkarin how about build some trello board or any other board and create widget at rathena front page like:

"We need your help, join to rAthena and make RO great again"

Inside Trello boards or any other boards or task list will be list of work what need to do:

"Need to confirm" 

Inside card need to write a mini guide how to test and where to test. ANd how people can help with it.

- task1 / or kanban card

- task2 / or kanban card

- task3 / or kanban card

"Need to fix"

add some very small things what need to fix what devs can fix, but it's too easy for them to fix, let's give a chance different people to fix the bugs.

tl;tr:

just need a little bit sort some issues at github issue tracker and pre-pare very easy to use tasks what community can do for rathena. It will be super nice. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

make RO great again

Trump style?!?!

3 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

create widget at rathena front page

We used to have these when we used the integrated Tracker. Github has it's own "Projects" tab which allows Trello-style cards for issues and PRs to be sorted into columns similar to a to-do list. See the one i use for FluxCP for examples.

This can actually be done via the Github API to pull a list of issues with particular labels so we can separate them on the board index into nice tidy boxes.

Good idea - i'll see what i can come up with.

Update: I've created a unique rss feed stream for our forums to use based off Github's API. This now gives us the means to dynamically pull all kinds of data from our Repo for display within the forums!

Edited by Akkarin
Update. Added stream.

This went great for a few days then kinda stopped. How do i re-motivate you guys?

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  545

1 hour ago, Akkarin said:

This went great for a few days then kinda stopped. How do i re-motivate you guys?

Introducing  BkANMD7.pngrAfra Points - each helpful input is worth a minimum of 5 up to a maximum of 10 if critical information is provided. New items to be added to the rA Store to include cosmetic headgears to add to your forum avatar.

• 200 rAfra Points can be in exchanged for Donator status.
  • 500 rAfra Points™ be exchanged for 75 @Akkarin Favor Points, 50 @Secrets Creds, 11 @Azura Skyy Commendations, 10 images from the @Stolao Collection, 3 @Emistry Passes, 2 @Skorm Surprise Boxes, and 1 Freebies.
  • 1000 rAfra Points™ can be exchanged for all previous rewards + an invitation to the first ever rA meet-up with free Bed & Breakfast weekend pass (Akky's house)

Regards,
~Azura Skyy

Edited by Azura Skyy
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1137

A system like reputation leader board for "confirmed bug reports" count widget in forums may provoke people to join in the race 

And also providing bug tracker badges based on leaderboard might be good

I don't know about the possibility of implementing such system but it would be nice if we have one

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  399

4 hours ago, Akkarin said:

3 hours ago, Azura Skyy said:

Introducing  BkANMD7.pngrAfra Points - each helpful input is worth a minimum of 5 up to a maximum of 10 if critical information is provided. New items to be added to the rA Store to include cosmetic headgears to add to your forum avatar.

• 200 rAfra Points can be in exchanged for Donator status.
  • 500 rAfra Points™ be exchanged for 75 @Akkarin Favor Points, 50 @Secrets Creds, 11 @Azura Skyy Commendations, 10 images from the @Stolao Collection, 3 @Emistry Passes, 2 @Skorm Surprise Boxes, and 1 Freebies.
  • 1000 rAfra Points™ can be exchanged for all previous rewards + an invitation to the first ever rA meet-up with free Bed & Breakfast weekend pass (Akky's house)

Regards,
~Azura Skyy

perhaps u can create new title / status for those who actively involve. my suggestion, contributor title / status with some of donator privileage. just my suggestion...

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  513

Slurpy. Badges <3