What are your requirements and terms with your RO staffs?

Technoken

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505

Maybe anyone can suggest here the requirements and terms of being a Ragnarok Staff on your server. I got new staff applications in my server even if I didn't ask anyone.
But I was thinking to hire maybe 3 of them as a helper and event gm only since I can't host events on my server that requires much time.

Now I'm thinking what kind of requirements and  terms should I offer them before being hired as a staff.

One of the requirements I was thinking was being active 4x a week and hosting an event from time to time.

and for the terms, once they got caught being biased, abusive. corrupt. etc. I will instantly fire them.

Well, I still need some suggestions and advises before hiring some. Please share yours.

Thank you!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  261

Cant be a former player.  Dont hire staff from players.  

Some kind of experience.  

And I really look into what they can offer to the server.

Yeah. That's actually nice. Not a current player or doesn't have any regular account on the server. They will be able to focus on GM duties. But I wonder if I can find one since they're also looking on what could benefit them on being an ro staff.

• Content Count:  261

Never had a GM ask for anything. But, I also face the issues of finding GMs, atleast that are trustworthy.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11

Well you're lucky if you find a professional one when it comes on handling the players. bonus if they know how to edit pictures for ads and entertain the players

@srhmike Yeah, it's actually difficult to find ones that are trustworthy. Well I know some people, but they don't have much time for RO.

@Frosch-Kun I hope I could find someone like that. I wouldn't even hesitate to pay them if they're that professional.

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

My servers in the past have been staffed entirely by people who at one time were a player. I needed people who understood the community more than i needed people who could script. GM's alt-accounts were closely monitored by automated scripts. I left it upto them if they wanted to keep their alt's secret from the public or not. All GM activity (command logs, in-game event and script logs, etc) were all publicly visible.

There wasn't really anything in particular i looked for in terms of skills.. they just had to be polite and have a desire to make the server a friendly place to play the game. I did everything else myself :P

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  763

Personally i want from a staff is to be honest, active,  tons of ideas for GM hosted events, have a certain amount of knowledge in RO, Loves RO,  and dedicated to his work without being bias and other things :)) 

I wish I would get to know someone like that. Most of the applications sent to me are like urging me to give them a gm account because they know something to improve my server without them telling what it is. Somehow it was sketchy. I told them to get knowledge first about the server quests, features, and game mechanics and send a new application.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1137

for my own server i made a system called "helpers team"
who ever be active on #main and tend to help players most of the time and be active much time will be offered to join helpers guild, (only non-doners)
helpers guildis gets new accounts with new new char with some commands like @jumpto (thats the only op command)
so they can warp to any player and speak with them directly if any issues which cannot discussed on #main
this guild keep reporting gm group about the issues they get at the end of the day
how ever this group cannot trade/kill mobs/pvp <---- most of them will be filtered here
so who ever really passionate about being helper in helpers guild will be promoted to support/event gm (which was closely monitored for months)
once they became gms their all other accounts will be banned,

all this process gave me good gm team, mostly i dont even need to login much into the game

i believe experienced players can be good gms since they already knew all systems and flows and they can suggest for betterment's from players view  

so i never recruit gms from anywhere else other then game

Well said @Cyro. I like the part about making helpers guild and promoting them depending on how much they do their own duties.

Thanks for the idea! /no1

• Content Count:  112

If I need helpers, events, or people just to be around so players can have feely-feels, great. They won't have any powers. Events can be monitored and scripted to a degree where @commands are unnecessary. The only thing to really look out for is whether or not my prospects can deal with people when they act shitty to them. I'd put up a help-desk on my server's website for everything else. I'd make an in-game script to handle in-game GM stuff since I don't trust my people with special @commands. If any action needs to be taken, from item restores to bans, a helper can put a ticket in for somebody higher up to approve and the script will handle that.

I've never really had issues with any kind of egregious abuse with this system because there's nothing to abuse.