Thor Patcher doesn't work on Cloudfare

Technoken

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505

Please just move this topic if it's not on the right section. I just don't know if I should post it here or on the client section.

Anways I did put Cloudfare on my FluxCP just to add security on my website. Now my Fluxcp is in the same ip as my thor patcher.

Whenever I set my Cloudfare on "Under Attack Mode" my patcher also doesn't work. Always failed to connect to server.

I tried adding rules "Disable Security" and "Security Level: Essentially Off" on my patcher folder http://www.fluxcp.com/patcher but still it's always failed to connect to server.

When I disabled  "Under Attack Mode" the patcher works.

Is there any other workaround so my patcher folder wouldn't be affected by my cloudfare?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171

try putting the patcher under a subdomain i had a similar issue when ussing ssl cert on my site patcher would not work. but on a subdomain it would work. for example patch.yoursite.com and have .htaccess block indexing and you should be okay.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, sikiro said:

try putting the patcher under a subdomain i had a similar issue when ussing ssl cert on my site patcher would not work. but on a subdomain it would work. for example patch.yoursite.com and have .htaccess block indexing and you should be okay.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to do that. :)

EDIT:

Thanks I tried it and it really works! Anyway could you give me some tip on how can I block indexing using .htaccess when sub domain is used?

Edited by Technoken

I belive it is  this option here

Options -Indexes I am not at home at the moment I have it written somewhere but if it does not work I will update this post.

7 hours ago, sikiro said:

I belive it is  this option here

Options -Indexes I am not at home at the moment I have it written somewhere but if it does not work I will update this post.

My patcher is inside the html folder together with the fluxcp.

/var/www/html/<fluxcp files here>
/var/www/html/patcher

if I put the .htaccess(with Options -Indexes) inside html folder(/var/www/html/.htaccess)can my fluxcp be accessible using the main domain? I wanted to block fluxcp when sub-domain is used. while allowing the thor patcher to access the patch datas. Or should I separate patcher and fluxcp?

you should be able to put an .htaccess file inside patcher with its own options but remember that flux comes with its own htaccess file as well and i dont see why it would not let you visit flux using domain.

1 hour ago, sikiro said:

you should be able to put an .htaccess file inside patcher with its own options but remember that flux comes with its own htaccess file as well and i dont see why it would not let you visit flux using domain.

I mean, can I block access of my fluxcp when the sub-domain is used? while allowing the thor patcher only to enter it using a subdomain.

For example, in my google chrome I browsed to www.mydomain.com, I can access the site using the browser, but my thor patcher cannot access the patcher folder since it has the cloudfare.
Then as you said, I needed to use the thor patcher on a subdomain for it to be allowed. I created a subdomain named "patcher.mydomain.com". And the sub-domain is working fine for the thor patcher. What I intended to do is when users browse using the url "patcher.mydomain.com", they won't be able to access the website. Only the thor patcher can use the sub-domain.

If you setup htaccesss to do option indexs in that directory when someone visits that page it will show a blank page. Someone here

might have a better solution I have a index.php that will redirect me to my main site 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  666

On 3/28/2017 at 6:56 AM, sikiro said:

hello can someone explain this more step by step thanks