How do you protect your server from DDOS attacks?

Technoken

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505

As the topic says, how do you protect your server from DDOS attacks?

I got an unmanaged VPS from google cloud. I host my roserver and webserver on 2 different vps. And just now I try to do DDOS attack and both my server went down. I did it just to test how will my server handle attacks.

And now since my server went down during the attack, i'm looking for some preventive measures.

I was thinking that instead of availing DDOS protected ragnarok hosting, I might gain idea on how can I setup a DDOS protected server from my own unmanaged VPS.

Maybe someone here can share any idea to do this? It will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112

The answer is simple: You need a server that can handle the load. How much traffic is going through to your server during a DDoS? How big of a DDoS are you trying to manage? Can you afford one that can handle more than that so that you can continue to service your clients?

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505

5 hours ago, sketchyphoenix said:

The answer is simple: You need a server that can handle the load. How much traffic is going through to your server during a DDoS? How big of a DDoS are you trying to manage? Can you afford one that can handle more than that so that you can continue to service your clients?

So it's actually the server that should hand the load of the attack? I already did some basic steps to prevent DDOS.Only opened the port which was ro related. I was looking for this Google Andromeda and somehow it might do the work. I just need more info about it. I haven't been DDOS but i'm the one attacking my server to just test if my server can handle it. Anyway looks like I need more research. Thanks btw! :D

• Upvote 1