Spider web modification

Brahms

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  149

Hi guys. ive already tried to search in the forum, i saw some links but it doesnt work on the latest git.. can anyone help me with this?? i want the spider web works like ankle snare.. please help.. thank you in advance..

5 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  790

Okay so you want it to be ground target.

Spiderweb is a pretty complex skill, it can stack durations and ends when it doesn't trap anymore, so it might not work to just change targeting of the skill.

If you want to give Sages something like Ankle Snare I guess you have two ways to do that:

1. Simply replace Spiderweb with Ankle Snare skill in the Sage skill tree (I think it also requires some client file changes so it can actually display Ankle Snare in the skill tree on the interface, but not sure about those).

2. Search the whole source code for PF_SPIDERWEB and UNT_SPIDERWEB and remove all that code. Then add "PF_SPIDERWEB" whereever HT_ANKLESNARE appears and "UNT_SPIDERWEB" whereever "UNT_ANKLESNARE" appears. Finally the db entries in the skill_db and skill_unit_db also need to be unified (mostly same values except skill id and packet number of sprite).

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  790

What exactly should work like Ankle Snare?

3 hours ago, Playtester said:

What exactly should work like Ankle Snare?

yes sir.. instead of casting it directly to a player. i want it to cast same as ankle snare... i found some links regarding this but its seems its not working on the latest git..

7 hours ago, Playtester said:

Okay so you want it to be ground target.

Spiderweb is a pretty complex skill, it can stack durations and ends when it doesn't trap anymore, so it might not work to just change targeting of the skill.

If you want to give Sages something like Ankle Snare I guess you have two ways to do that:

1. Simply replace Spiderweb with Ankle Snare skill in the Sage skill tree (I think it also requires some client file changes so it can actually display Ankle Snare in the skill tree on the interface, but not sure about those).

2. Search the whole source code for PF_SPIDERWEB and UNT_SPIDERWEB and remove all that code. Then add "PF_SPIDERWEB" whereever HT_ANKLESNARE appears and "UNT_SPIDERWEB" whereever "UNT_ANKLESNARE" appears. Finally the db entries in the skill_db and skill_unit_db also need to be unified (mostly same values except skill id and packet number of sprite).

Im just newbie sir specially in src modification.. if you dont mind sir, can you just give me the exact modification to be made then ill just going to try it.. if its ok sir... Thank you for this sir..

• Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  737

1 hour ago, Brahms said:

Im just newbie sir specially in src modification.. if you dont mind sir, can you just give me the exact modification to be made then ill just going to try it.. if its ok sir... Thank you for this sir..

you can search them skill.c just replace what playtester said and alwys backup your skill.c