(2015-11-02aRagexe) Both Rodex and Mail System disabled?

klesler

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46

Hello rAthena fellows.

I was trying to use mail system on 2015-11-02aRagexe, but it seems that it is not compatible anymore with this patch version. So I tried to use RODEX and it seems that it is not compatible too.

Can anyone give a light here about this?

They disabled both systems so we cant use mail features anymore? Why???

Best,

Gabriel.

Edited by klesler

5 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

RODEX is still being completed, while the old mail system isn't compatible with newer clients because of RODEX being introduced.

Everyone seems to be waiting on the Devs to add new features. This would be sped up by people testing on official servers and providing packets, screenshots, replays, video files - anything to help the devs. Most server owners seem to be able to add their own content based off official servers before rAthena gets it because they do their own background work and then don't bother sharing it, because "they're the best servers because they have newer stuff". Very few people help the devs out so that code can make it's way into the master branch of the repo.

If you want to use the old mail system, use an older client.

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

Not really sure why you're only pointing 1 server out in bold.. I know of atleast 6 that have rodex fully implemented.

NovaRO is actually the only server that does their own research on kRO and then gives their findings to the rA dev team, since it's owner is one of our devs.

Looks like your post needs rewording.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  661

(NovaRO doesn't have RODEX ;-;...)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  265

On 3/17/2017 at 8:48 PM, Kaze said:

I think you mention something :P i only know 1 SERVER has fully functional RODEX which is NovaRO. most of their contents is close to kRO now and up to date contents.

Ahahaha I didn't realize we had RODEX. Where do you even pull this information from?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  235

3 minutes ago, Akkarin said:

RODEX is still being completed, while the old mail system isn't compatible with newer clients because of RODEX being introduced.

Everyone seems to be waiting on the Devs to add new features. This would be sped up by people testing on official servers and providing packets, screenshots, replays, video files - anything to help the devs. Most server owners seem to be able to add their own content based off official servers before rAthena gets it because they do their own background work and then don't bother sharing it, because "they're the best servers because they have newer stuff". Very few people help the devs out so that code can make it's way into the master branch of the repo.

If you want to use the old mail system, use an older client.

I think you mention something :P i only know 1 SERVER has fully functional RODEX which is NovaRO. most of their contents is close to kRO now and up to date contents.