Ragnarok Online complete offline server & client pack 2019 | Make your RO server in less than 5 minutes

anacondaq

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22

10 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

it is in nemo folder.

thx sir you saved me.....

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  46

17 hours ago, ice-crems-vanila said:

simpel..can update 2019 version?

It's just one page back:

On 1/5/2019 at 7:22 PM, Anacondaqq said:

yes, but I'm busy right now, and can't do it yet. But I will.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

hey, can you solve my problem, the window just appeared white blank, but the sound is worked.

thanks

ro.JPG

You know what would be funny when you make the 2019 version?

Rename your thread and your uploaded files as "Offline Care Package MMXIX", it's basically a play on words on Overseas Care Package.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  5

On 1/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, Anacondaqq said:

yes, but I'm busy right now, and can't do it yet. But I will.

thank you i will patiently waiting since my DL speed for visual studio for some weird reason only peak at 50kbs max that will take forever and my real internet speed was more than 10Mbps.
thx

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9

Amazing thread, thank you so so much for such a wonderful package. Everything works great! I was just wondering about the client information.  Is the client (after i update using git pull origin, and add the data to the grf,etc) the LATEST? like.. similar to the one in the  thread i attached? or should i get the client on that thread instead.

Also i was wondering, does the emulator and client have the new episode 17.1 content? if not, how do i add them? or could you update the files? Or if there are any updates all i gotta do is use 'git pull origin' and follow the update method on the video? by the way there are some .bmd files that are missing for skills but i managed to add them through the usage of zackdreaver's translation files (i deleted the oldizlude map files because it messes with the starting area but fixes the 2nd floor of the izlude academy)

Again thank you so so much for this thread, I got my server up and running in 5~10 minutes. I just had these questions. Thank you so so much, have a nice day.

Edited by Kaosoflight

I have download openserver and emulator can I start directly after following the "2mins step" ??

• Content Count:  3

On 12/29/2018 at 3:23 AM, Functor said:

@ExcelGaming @lordjedi3

You have to execute SQL query from "../sql-files/upgrades/upgrade_20181224.sql"

how can i execute? 

• Content Count:  3

I followed the steps based on the video, now this what happens after I build on MS Visual Studio 

qweqweqwe.thumb.png.d9428a6930a49f9351f7a1b4d76fe310.png

Edited by ExcelGaming

On 1/27/2019 at 4:49 PM, ExcelGaming said:

how can i execute? 

open openserver.exe and make the flag go green, then right click on it and click Advanced -> PhpMyAdmin

type in the username area the word 'root' (without the ' ) then press enter (there isnt a password)

click on the 'Import' tab on the phpmyadmin website and click the word 'Browse'

Upload the file that the other person told you about. That's it.

(after you select the file using Browse, click the Go button down below the page)

Hi when I try to update server, it has a problem. Do you know how to fix it ?

Untitled.png

On 1/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, thaduta said:

Hi when I try to update server, it has a problem. Do you know how to fix it ?

Untitled.png

this happens, dont worry. just type 'git config --global user.email "type an email that you use here" '

and do the same thing for the 'your name' just use your internet name.

then do 'git pull origin'

this is just an identification to know who is pulling files.

its not an error. its just a step.

When updating the emulator, based on ur video, I get the following error 

[Fatal Error]: char : A tables is missing in sql-server, please fix it, see (sql-files main.sql for structure)

Any ideas at this?

• Content Count:  2

Is the Dual Dagger Crit is available on this offline server and tomb of honor (Bio5)? Thanks!

Edited by pikpakpopoy
added question

34 minutes ago, pikpakpopoy said:

Is the Dual Dagger Crit is available on this offline server and tomb of honor (Bio5)? Thanks!

Not yet to both, probably have to wait for the next update of the pack.

7 minutes ago, BugMeNot2014 said:

Not yet to both, probably have to wait for the next update of the pack.

Ok thx for the reply. Hope they can added that soonest /heh

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

First update in this year: 12 Feb 2019. All links in the first topic updated.
Changelog:

• almost everything in the package updated to actual current versions up to the current date
  • all links updated (download one)
  • added a short guide on how to make the server "online" for your friends only (check topic)
  • fixed really a lot of problems.
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

First update in this year: 12 Feb 2019. All links in the first topic updated.
Changelog:

• almost everything in the package updated to actual current versions up to the current date
  • all links updated (download one)
  • added a short guide on how to make the server "online" for your friends only (check topic)
  • fixed really a lot of problems.

Thank you very much.

Also, how do I transfer my characters from the 2018 pack to the 2019 pack?

Which files or folders do I need to copy over?

2 hours ago, BugMeNot2014 said:

Thank you very much.

Also, how do I transfer my characters from the 2018 pack to the 2019 pack?

Which files or folders do I need to copy over?

Sadly, you can't do it just simply by copying files. You need to transfer your database (or you can not touch it too). How I see how you can move all your data.
First, your data stored at MySQL server in databases: rathena_PRERE_db, rathena_PRERE_log (for pre-renewal mechanic (classic) or rathena_RENEWAL_db, rathena_RENEWAL_log.

First, what needs to do is making a backup of all your databases so even if you will do any mistakes, you will always have the ability to restore from backup.

How to do backup:
Simply, copy all files what you have now somewhere else (open-server), or make an archive of your OpenServer folder (to save your disk space).
Then, you need to back up your databases above. For that you need Run OpenServer -> GreenFlag -> Advanced -> Phpmyadmin (login root, pass empty) (optionally you can always set a password for root if you wish (google how to do that for phpmyadmin, or in settings of phpmyadmin you can always set it)

Now, select database what you want to export, and click on export menu, export method -> quick, and hit "Go" button. And you will download a .sql file of your database
Do it for your databases what you have (prere or for renewal (listed above)). 

Save these files somewhere, you will need them (as a backup)

What changed in the 2019 package if compare to 2018 in database?

1. emulator upgraded to latest version, (all NPCs, all source modifications, all changes, etc up to 12 Feb 2019) (you need this)
  2. also, developers changed some structures of some tables (you need to apply these patches to your current database if you want to just upgrade your database (this is what you're asking)
  3. client files (all of them) like exe, grfs, textures, etc upgraded too (you need this too)
  4. minor many fixes 

Files what you need to import to rathena_PRERE_db, or rathena_RENEWAL_db is next:

upgrade_20180830.sql, upgrade_20181010.sql, upgrade_20181220.sql, upgrade_20181224.sql

Files that need to import to rathena_PRERE_log, or rathena_RENEWAL_log:

upgrade_20180729_logs.sql

theory over, now practice, a complete guide on how to upgrade your 2018 package to 2019 with saving all your characters what you have on 2018 package.

Step by step guide how to upgrade your 2018 pack to 2019 with saving your characters

1. download the next files: 

7t9wqSu.png

Extract them somewhere to a new folder, do not overwrite your old files! It's completely different files.

OpenServer you do not need to download, because there are no changes iOpenServerer (except databases) you already have openserver which is exactly the same like in 2018 package (with only one difference,  that all rathena databases upgraded).

2. Extract 01_emulator.rar for example to D:\2019\01_emulator
3. Extract 02_clientside.rar for example to D:\2019\02_clientside
4. Now download client kRO client (or if you have already it, you do not need this step)
5. What mechanic do you want to use? Renewal or PRERE? Ask yourself (renewal = new modern content what you see on official servers (dorams, kagero, oboro, sura, and so on), while PRERE it's classical 13.2 episodes (lord knights, high priest, high wizard, clown, etc). For example, I want pre-re. So my steps are next
6. I copy-paste all files from D:\2019\02_clientfiles\FOR_PRERE_EMULATOR\ to my clean kRO client folder.
7. Now, I start my OpenServer what I had earlier from 2018 package. Green Flag. Clicking on it -> Advanced -> PHPMyAdmin -> root, empty pass, enter. Now I'm in phpmyadmin.
8. Now, I select at left: "rathena_PRERE_db", and clicking on it.
9. Now, I  click on "import" tab, and I see Import Importing into the database "rathena_PRERE_db", and I see a button "File Import" and button to import sql files, it's looks like next:

S1gyc2t.png

10. Now I need import .sql patches to my database from rathena developers 1 by 1 in the same order next files whih stored at D:\2019\01_emulator\rathena_PRERE\sql\upgrades\

I need the next files only (yellow highlighted):

1rqg8cb.png

All of these files I 1 by 1 import to my rathena_PRERE_db database with phpmyadmin.

When I have done importing all of these files, now I need to import another one but for rathena_PRERE_log database.

11. I click at phpmyadmin left panel on rathena_RENEWAL_log database, now I click on "Import" tab again, again I see import tab, but now I plan to import only 1 file but to logs database.

I see Import Importing into the database "rathena_PRERE_log" in front of me on display.
And I see File Import Menu, and now I click on "Choose File".

Now again, I need to select ONLY upgrade_20180729_logs.sql and import it to rathena_PRERE_log

ZdN7IrW.png

I finished the import (this happens in a split second) and now my database is completely updated and I can freely use the updated emulator with the updated client files as well.

As you see it's simple, but require some time.
Now I can safely run:

D:\2019\01_emulator\rathena_PRE\runserver.bat
And my server will work without any errors or problems.

And I will launch a game client which I copy-pasted earlier to clean kRO folder.

==============================

If someone who read the guide use RENEWAL, replace everywhere where you see "PRERE" to RENEWAL and do the same.

• Like 1

Wow cant believe it i just miss this game and find offline and found a 1 day ago updated one. Thanks a lot for this mate.

Hi all,

I have just installed the 2019 version of the Rathena Offline Server. Since I made quite a couple of changes on my 2018 version, I want to ask what exactly is new in terms of content this version before deciding if I should use it or not.

While I saw a couple updates in the DB's, I still don't see crit double attack, the 17.1 patch doesn't seem to be applied either (no 2nd class skill updates, no 185 update, no illusion dungeons).

Could anyone list the newly available content compared to the 2018 one?

Many thanks and cheers!

34 minutes ago, Hyoen said:

I have just installed the 2019 version of the Rathena Offline Server. Since I made quite a couple of changes on my 2018 version, I want to ask what exactly is new in terms of content this version before deciding if I should use it or not.

http://github.com/rathena/rathena/compare/500cfdc41fd64a9e5d84c6479c072cc56003854e...90d5b47025d07a78f52b82b9f58685efc97ed993

Hey all! I had a question about some stuff happening on my private server. First of all, I didn't install everything via this topic because I use Linux as my server OS, but I followed some other instructions on setting it all up. I then used the client stuff from this post to connect. It worked well (or so I thought) and I was able to log in, kill stuff, etc. However I'm running into a problem now that seems to be map-based. In the screenshot attached, you can see what happens when I try to go in the portal from the Izlude academy. Also, I cannot walk beyond the desk w/ the receptionist. I'm guessing this is because I've mixed the rAthena install from git with this client. If that's the case, can anyone tell me how to fix it? Thanks!

blackroom.jpg

6 hours ago, Scrubbs said:

Hey all! I had a question about some stuff happening on my private server. First of all, I didn't install everything via this topic because I use Linux as my server OS, but I followed some other instructions on setting it all up. I then used the client stuff from this post to connect. It worked well (or so I thought) and I was able to log in, kill stuff, etc. However I'm running into a problem now that seems to be map-based. In the screenshot attached, you can see what happens when I try to go in the portal from the Izlude academy. Also, I cannot walk beyond the desk w/ the receptionist. I'm guessing this is because I've mixed the rAthena install from git with this client. If that's the case, can anyone tell me how to fix it? Thanks!

blackroom.jpg

go to the folder 04_useful_tools\GRF Editor and open the grf editor.exe

in the program, click File -> open and choose the file inside 07_clean_kRO_client\kRO_client_full

the file is called 'rathena_RENEWAL_2018.grf'

drag and drop the content of the zip file that i provided in this post (check attachment) ON the data folder inside the grf editor.

Make sure you drop the 3 files ON the data folder itself.

Save the grf in Grf Editor (ctrl+s)

open the game and check the 2nd floor of izlude academy, it should be fixed.

by the way, The files will NOT mess with the starting area so you don't have to worry. If you don't believe me then make a new character and you will find that the starting area is working correctly. (the area inside the ship)

Also, you mentioned you can't walk on the 2nd half of the 1st floor of izlude academy, yea it's a problem that alot of people have including me. BUT you can go to the 2nd half of the 1st floor through speaking to the Kafra teleporter that's inside the academy. Speak to her and click 'teleport service' and choose the 1st option.

@Anacondaqq can you please quote this post on your thread so that people can fix the 2nd floor of izlude academy problem? I know there are other guides out there but you only need these three files. if you add the rest of the files that come from other guides they will ruin the starting area

fix for izlude academy 2nd floor.rar

Edited by Kaosoflight