Ragnarok Online complete offline server & client pack 2019 | Make your RO server in less than 5 minutes

anacondaq

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

18 minutes ago, Legi said:

Can be trouble with this error? because i try in prere load a npc and is failed again :l 

For receiving the help you need the next things to do:

1. Understand what do you want
  2. Understand what do you have
  3. Understand how to write it properly to clarify for example me (because you're asking me) about your problem
  4. If English is not your native language, you can always use any very good translators like translate.google.com, or https://www.deepl.com/en/translator
  5. Add screenshots of the problem
  6. Add screenshots and steps what you do and how to reproduce your problem
  7. The emulator has a built-in engine which checks for errors and problems inside scripts. If you're trying to load a script with errors in the code you will see these errors in your map-server (red text)

Update 01 June 2019:

• updated emulator (several small changes)
  • updated kRO client
  • nothing else changed
  • updated links and added mirrors
  • first topic post updated.

This is a very small update. All package files re-uploaded to different cloud storages.
Short: kRO client, exe, OSPanel, database, translation project (client files) - still the same. The only emulator upgraded.
So if you wish to upgrade your emulator and you're using old 27 April 2019 package, just replace your current emulator files with a new one (use another folder, do not copy-paste anything from one folder to another). Just download 01_emulator and extract it somewhere. Everything else leave untouched and the emulator will work just fine.

Hash: https://github.com/rathena/rathena/commit/8ed3d0583ac310b585215548b6f0a833f68b5085

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11

Hello sir, I encountered this error while I was trying to boot up a third PC to join the server I was running. PC 1 and PC 2 are working fine, and we can play together almost 100% of the time, however I got this error while trying to run runserver.bat on a 3rd PC.

image.png.3f8296a339d11e8f5cb79a7d2f50d18c.png

What I did was copy the entire folder from PC2 so that I wouldn;t have to edit anymore files (like clientinfo.xml and other grf files) and I already allowed the three ports to connect at the 3rd PC (6121 etc). Any  idea what might've happened?

Please disregard this post, I solved it. It was just cause of an extremely finnicky firewall and connection error on the third PC. >___<

But if I may have a follow up question(s):

• Will updating the package to the latest edition affect/damage all the characters that I'm already using?
  • Will I have to update each PC individually and is the tutorial you posted in the video (the one using CMDER and Git Pull Origin command) still the best/only way to update it?

Again, I appreciate all your work it flipping great!

3 hours ago, nekrovex said:
  • Will updating the package to the latest edition affect/damage all the characters that I'm already using?
  •  

Hi, to understand how to do properly update you need to understand the next simple thing:
RO is an emulator + database + game client

Emulator connected to a database
Emulator responsible for the database
Emulator store different game data inside the database (all)
Even your players, items, all in the database.
Database = used for not losing your data. In other words, if you turn off your pc, and then boot again and will try to log in you will see your items what you had before termination of the PC.

So the database is the place where data is stored. 

What is `upgrade`?

It's replacing your old files to a new one taken from the official repository.

Repository = it's a place where developers do changes to the emulator day after day, month after month. All changes what they do you can see, a "one logical change" for example adding some feature or a fixing a bug usually called "commit". Commit it's a mix of changes in different files with some comment which describes what is happening here. Commits used for tracking all changes in time. For example today I wrote something, tomorrow it broke, so I can open a git log (list of commits) and see what happen and what lines I did touch which probably broke the emulator.

Again: a database is a place where stored data generated by emulator because of players activity in the game, like getting items from mobs, moving, using stylists, etc.

The database in my package stored in the OSPanel mysql server.

OSPanel = bundle of free software servers packed and prepared for easy usage for end users and everything is portable. Usually, you need manually configured everything, install, bound to your operation system, etc things. OSPanel have inside: web server (required for displaying sites hosted on your local pc), php interpretation it's a thing which read PHP and converts it to dynamic pages, and MySQL server. It's a server that manages databases.

Inside the MySQL server, you have 4 databases that I did create.
2 databases for renewal server, 2 databases for pre-renewal server.

For pre-re we have rathena_prere_db, rathena_prere_log db, for renewal, we have rathena_renewal_db, rathena_renewal_log or like that, I do not remember.

Inside these databases, you can see your data.

You can do whatever you want with these databases with for example any graphical editor like PHPMYADMIN or HeidiSQL, or DBeaver, like watch tables in the database, checking columns, editing any data what you wish manually, applying different scripts to make automatic very complex things though SQL language which supports MySQL server. These scripts called "querries". Your emulator sending to mysqlserver "querries" with pre-defined commands what to do, for example find all players online and return me number how many users in game, or for example: find all players who have a knife XX, or delete item XX from database, or whatever you wish to do with a data.

At this point, you should realize that for success upgrade you need to save just somehow your game database where is all of your data stored.
This is correct, but there are some nuances.

For example, rAthena developers time to time for implementing more features or for fixing bugs changing database column/tables structure data types, etc thing.

They change it in src code and in sql table.

When they do these changes, they release a patch that needs important to the game database which will automatically upgrade the database and all data because of this "patch" to structures of database/columns/ tables to the latest actual one.

For example https://github.com/rathena/rathena/tree/master/sql-files/upgrades usually inside SQL-files/upgrades these files stored. They have a name format: <data>_<db>.sql

As you see developers not frequently touch databases and structures, but still do these changes to keep emulator with many features, etc things.

So here is a nuance:

If the developer will write some changes and will apply these changes to the emulator codebase.

And if you will NOT apply this update to make data structures on database what expect to see emulator = you will see errors in your char/login/map-server depends on the database which is broken, it can provoke data lose (and probably will, because data will not be stored, because MySQL server will read a query and will try to verify can a MySQL server query be executed and data will fill or not fill a column in table in a database or not, if not) you will, for example, will receive an item in the game, but your data will not be saved for example in item database, and when you will re-login (when you log in/ re-login and while you're playing emulator sending data to database to save) you will not find your item.

So, in short, the nuance very easy: you must keep emulator, SQL-upgrades equal. In other words, if you wish to upgrade emulator - you need manually check that upgrades (SQL patches) applied to your database too (if there are any released, if not released -not need to apply anything). These SQL patches applied only once to database, and not need to apply them every time. Just once to change the structure of data in the database. 

What is left?

Upgrading emulator.

Upgrading emulator is just one command: git pull origin which will download and merge all data with git magic to your repository, and every time when any file inside /src/ folder changed you need to recompile your emulator. 

About how to upgrade client - nothing really hard too.

And then make sure that there are no SQL patches so you can safely use an emulator with your current database.

That how upgrade in theory and in practice looks like, I did explain it in the readme and on the video (afaik)

A short guide on how to upgrade:

- upgrade emulator
- make sure that there are no SQL patches for your database since the last update if any - apply these patches with PHPMyAdmin for example
- now compile emulator
- try to run it if no SQL or any other errors - everything is good.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Hey Guys,

thanks for the Guide, it's pretty Amazing and easy to set-up and now i can enjoy one of my first and most favorite MMORPG's again Solo and Offline. However maybe someone can help me, but it seems i'm stuck in the Academy(i can link screenshots if you need).  I want / need to go to Sabino the Battle-Trainer but at the Location where he (and some others) are, there is an invisible Wall where i can't move along? Any Ideas? Also the Map itself is black with "no image" for the Academy!

/edit:
And yes, dual-client doesn't work for me either. I can even invite the other Client into the Party, but i won't see them and vica versa...

Edited by mike1991

2 hours ago, mike1991 said:

Hey Guys,

thanks for the Guide, it's pretty Amazing and easy to set-up and now i can enjoy one of my first and most favorite MMORPG's again Solo and Offline. However maybe someone can help me, but it seems i'm stuck in the Academy(i can link screenshots if you need).  I want / need to go to Sabino the Battle-Trainer but at the Location where he (and some others) are, there is an invisible Wall where i can't move along? Any Ideas? Also the Map itself is black with "no image" for the Academy!

/edit:
And yes, dual-client doesn't work for me either. I can even invite the other Client into the Party, but i won't see them and vica versa... 

Just wanna ask, whenever you tested if dual client works, did you try it inside Izlude? I only ask because for some reason, whenever I dual client, the 2nd char doesnt show up in my first window but only when I'm in Izlude. Everywhere else the 2nd client shows up.

Good day Anacondaq,
I was checking some of the custom npc scripts already included in the package and have enabled them in the scripts_custom.conf (specifically resetnpc.txt and card_remover.txt) by deleting the // as per the instructions. It doesn't seem to work however in game and I get this:

image.png.3ce72a62845690d8fd598e322f408e75.png

I tried enabling all of them and only 2 or 3 showed up out of all the enabled options. For resetnpc in particular I noticed her placement on Prontera 150, 193 was conflicting with a different NPC so I changed it to a different location. Still not there. Any idea on what might be happening?

• Content Count:  4

Hi! I'm sorry I'm a beginner with lots of questions. I have tried many times to understand this article and to run it in a different language. However, no clear answer was found.
1. Based on previous answers, I copied data folder and exe file to clean kRo, but I saw many errors. (Mainly lua and lub related). I tried patching a clean client side file with nemo, but the result is the same.
-> As far as I know, I got some results by translating the lua file into the desired language.

2. But ............... Whenever I create a character name in a language other than English, it is always blank. Well, I do not know. I just want to play games in Korean ... ?  I could not solve this at all.

oh!... No.2 Resolved !!! Only one problem makes me suffer!

ive downloaded the  pack but i cannot open all the rar files..pls help??

123.jpg

On 6/3/2019 at 1:30 PM, nekrovex said:

Just wanna ask, whenever you tested if dual client works, did you try it inside Izlude? I only ask because for some reason, whenever I dual client, the 2nd char doesnt show up in my first window but only when I'm in Izlude. Everywhere else the 2nd client shows up.

This is very interesting. Because in PRE-RE izlude map is modified (replaced with the old version of izlude afaik, might be wrong)

2 hours ago, gahliesolated said:

ive downloaded the  pack but i cannot open all the rar files..pls help??

There are 5 different links for the game client, 3 different types of downloading (via each file in folder, or downloading whole folder, or downloading already pre-created archive, or downloading just some parts).  From RO offline side there is no problem at all. 

5 hours ago, Densha said:

how to change the font size on this client??? 

rxaymJy.png

Usually, it is enough to make fonts readable and follow your system settings. Otherwise, use NEMO to increase font size by applying a font-size increased patch which can break your whole client alignment of the elements or even do many worst things.

Edited by anacondaq

2 hours ago, Legi said:

Sorry, maybe it's bothering you a lot, but I wanted to know how to implement custom items I can not find these files and I try to download them by myself but no kind of effect, greetings. The files are: Accname Accid Idnumrescatable or on this server is it different?

Do not follow old guides for adding items. If you do not see in the guide ItemInfo.lua - skip the guide. There are historically two versions of clients <= 20120410 which has one file structure and before big changes how items structures information stored inside the game client, and after 20120410 up to now, with small changes inside ItemInfo.lua.
Find better a guides with ItemInfo.lua and without idnumrestable or like that

when i press run server  this error uccors..  T_T

111111111111.png

1 hour ago, gahliesolated said:

when i press run server  this error uccors..  T_T

111111111111.png

In options of OSPanel (modules tab) you can turn off everything except mysql server, you don't really need all of these there. 

Quick question, are all instances available/included in the package or do I have to find/create an instance script first and enable it at scripts_athena.conf?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  883

42 minutes ago, nekrovex said:

Quick question, are all instances available/included in the package or do I have to find/create an instance script first and enable it at scripts_athena.conf?

all default and implemented instances is already inside it ?

• Content Count:  1

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1f7d07a819dcb0221633fc479c54a7ec.png

(Error Message print on spoiler)

Hi, upon attempting to equip some itens i get this erros: "spr::Cannor find File" and "Resource File Loading fail". Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for the awesome server/client pack!!!!

9 hours ago, Quesooo said:

all default and implemented instances is already inside it ?

Awesome, Sky Fortress here we go.

Question about updating to latest package version, will manually copying-pasting the updated folders from your package (namely emulator, clean_kro_client and misc_repos downloaded from google drive etc.) to my current package work? I was thinking about using the git pull command to manually check which files had changed and then to copy those new updated files to my current folder, and just manually reconfigure whatever is needed afterward (such as conf files and script files).

I only ask because the git pull command requires visual studio, and for some reason it takes forever to download and install it (Microsoft's fault downloading is capped at 150-180 kbps and I have to download and install 12.3gb) and sometimes its corrupted after all that time.

45 minutes ago, nekrovex said:

I only ask because the git pull command requires visual studio, and for some reason it takes forever to download and install it (Microsoft's fault downloading is capped at 150-180 kbps and I have to download and install 12.3gb) and sometimes its corrupted after all that time.

You don't need to download 12.3gb of data, around 3GB or even 1.5GB by using MSBuild Tools https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/msbuild-visual-cpp?view=vs-2019

Or: 

About the upgrade:

1. I explained in the post about the update how to do it, and also whole theory several times, sorry I will not explain it another 10 times the same thing which is not changed for years
  2. Second: updated kRO is not really what you need, yes you can download it, but only optionally, the pack will work with old kRO client just fine
  3. Third: in the last 01 June 2019 update changed only emulator part (and recompiled) so maximum what needs to download up to 300mb instead of 3GB or 12.3GB of data. Download, extract, play (if you played before on 2019 April 27 update)

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2019 at 2:33 AM, anacondaq said:

This was exactly what I needed. Didn't even know it was a thing here. Thanks! ?

2 hours ago, Ejamestereo said:

I've just downloaded your "Ragnarok Offline Server Client pack 2019" I followed every instructions on the video and also your notes but it seems the client version 2018-04-18bRagexeRE doesn't support the " 4240 Soul Reaper and 4239 Star Emperor" sprite and skills.

Hi, yes, I think this client not support soul reaper sprite and skills. Need to use something like end of 2018 exes or even 2019 exes. But rathena does not support it yet. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  31

15 hours ago, anacondaq said:

Hi, yes, I think this client not support soul reaper sprite and skills. Need to use something like end of 2018 exes or even 2019 exes. But rathena does not support it yet. 

Sir @anacondaq, Do you have client side for "2018-05-30bRagexeRE_patched.exe" that is ready diff? If ever can I have the link for me to download it. 

For your usual support and assistance. ^_^

• Content Count:  0

hey @anacondaq, im new to yoour project. ive been stuck on academy where i cant go past receptionist table on 1st floor. i searched on this forum that it needs to update with the grf something, but when i download it, it says the file has benn deleted. could you please share the file again ? or tell me how to fix the problem. thank you

• Content Count:  3

Help! How to remove this NPC Helper? 

screenrAthena_RENEWAL_201000.jpg