Ragnarok Online complete offline server & client pack 2019 | Make your RO server in less than 5 minutes

anacondaq

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

2 hours ago, anacondaq said:

Let me explain. Not all content available in the emulator. Simply because someone HAVE TO add it. That means that developers or contributors of rAthena add items manually to the database, and what you see in item_db.txt it's a year of work of gathering items. Item object divided into two parts: client-side, an emulator. Client-side related to officials, emulator to rAthena contributors. Officials release some item at some day and release patches for their grfs to include these files into a client. Some contributor may or may not try to catch these items and add them to emulator, or another contributor could or could not translate the item or add or not add the item (description part) to their translated files. Also, officials can or can not (depends on nobody knows) remove at any time any sprite from the game too (client side). So, if summarize the wall of text above -> everything very agile and grounded on many factors and many people and many decisions and many works. If you do not see some content in the game in the emulator part probably nobody added it yet and nobody knows when the items will add to the emulator. The same was related to the client part. All that you can to do is manually add the required items to your client (translation part, description, where item located, what preview image will be displayed, what the item description, who can wear, and so on) add to your ItemInfo.lua, or / and to your import/item_db.txt by using tools like SDE or by using examples. All that you need to have a sprite file. If you can get somewhere sprite files (for example with GRF Editor from GRF (advice: check the first accessoryid.lub, and accname.lub files at the end of the list for headgears)). So, nothing "simple". There is "click 1 button to update and automatically add items to your game client/emulator". This is very critical to understand because you're at development community of the emulator which the main goal - development for education purposes, skills, fun, whatever, and this is NOT about "releasing a complete and ready product". Again, I wish underline it one more time, because a lot of people do not understand this statement. If you missing something - try to find the missing part by yourself, or write it by yourself. Yes, it will be hard, also you can hire someone who will do it for you for money, but there is no "easy path or 1 click to "make me happy". 

I see, Thank you for the lengthy explanation and truly understand. I appreciate all the work and effort that the community has done and continuing to do so. 

Thank you for contributing to the RO community! 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  193

Hi, do you have a link of the client used? A clean one for Hexing/Patching purposes? Thanks!

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1096

On 5/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, Hijirikawa said:

Hi, do you have a link of the client used? A clean one for Hexing/Patching purposes? Thanks!

Download Link (can expire after a week) so here is an alternative one.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12

About the client exe, may I know the patch diff which you used to make this tutorial?
Thank you very much!

Edited by ValkyrieCK
update

1 hour ago, ValkyrieCK said:

About the client exe, may I know the patch diff which you used to make this tutorial?
Thank you very much!

You can find a file with all applied patches inside 05_misc/nemo/exe folder

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  0

open server run wont go green

• Content Count:  1

On 3/12/2017 at 12:05 AM, anacondaq said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/102dbick5t1nqaz/prepre modified bad files (extract to rathena folder).rar?dl=0
  2. Extract to your rAthena folder
  3. Run again runserver_PRERE.bat

Hello Anacondaq,

Do you have an alternative link to this? The link is not working anymore. I have that "map-server_PRERE.exe was not found. Make sure, that you have compiled the Map-Server." error as well.

Edited by Umahara

29 minutes ago, Umahara said:

Hello Anacondaq,

Do you have an alternative link to this? The link is not working anymore. I have that "map-server_PRERE.exe was not found. Make sure, that you have compiled the Map-Server." error as well.

Try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tzf0powq8wwz5l/prepre modified bad files (extract to rathena folder).rar?dl=0

• Content Count:  11

if i download rAthena Emulator from the github will be the most recent actualization? With bugs or changes in game...

I'm with a problem to build in VS about SDK (i'm trying to fix it but any idea is welcome ^^)

1 hour ago, fahleiro said:

I'm with a problem to build in VS about SDK (i'm trying to fix it but any idea is welcome ^^)

watch video.

• Like 1

Im with a error that have... non sense? (S1 P1)

https://imgur.com/gallery/Se39a76

(have map-server, char, login and db print)

3 hours ago, fahleiro said:

Im with a error that have... non sense? (S1 P1)

https://imgur.com/gallery/Se39a76

(have map-server, char, login and db print)

Hi, I will not help. Because you have modified database columns, and also files. These changes not a part of my package and has been done manually by someone, but not me.
If you want make the package work again, you need re-download 01_emulator folder, and 03_openserver/sql_backups.rar
extract emulator files like you usually do it.
extract in any other folder sql_backups.rar file
run open-server.
remove your databases (write somewhere a names of databases)
create a new empty database with old name
now import inside this database a sql file
repeat it for all databases.
now run emulator, and if everything has been done right - you will successfully connect to the mysql database. If not - repeat.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  0

excuse me, how do i connect another pc to play lan with me?

• Content Count:  2

Everytime I've tried to download your files from both mega/google drive i get an error telling me their damaged or unknown format?

On 5/24/2019 at 7:59 PM, Chakin said:

excuse me, how do i connect another pc to play lan with me?

-- REMOVED --

The main idea here. Can be applied to your LAN too. But with only one difference. Instead of creating a VPS you already have your client PC's where on one PC you have server+client. On another, you have the only client which connects to your server. Public IP's replace to your LAN ip's (192.168.0 or 10.0. or 172.0.)

On 5/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, RNT8 said:

Hi, I am a beginner who started seeing this post.
I love Korean and want to play with it. But these files are translated too well. Can you help me? (There are only posts that convert Korean into English.)

Just do not copy-paste client files. Copy only the data folder and exe from 02_client to your RO client. data/ folder contain clientinfo.xml which have information on how to connect to your local pc. And exe which will connect to your local PC. And all interface and translation will be absolutely original. But I wish to admit, that a lot of items, and sprites, and so on will not exists in the game. 

On 5/28/2019 at 9:46 AM, cogjar said:

Everytime I've tried to download your files from both mega/google drive i get an error telling me their damaged or unknown format?

Hi, please wait, I will update the post with another link. https://kutt.it/gHMwlb Try this. 
Or you can download directly an archive: https://kutt.it/pelBh1 (everything except client) and https://kutt.it/pQjeCm for client

Edited by Emistry
Referral Links

• Content Count:  2

22 hours ago, anacondaq said:

https://gist.github.com/anacondaq/3eae8e4afb5d3c3880d08b95b2c54b78

The main idea here. Can be applied to your LAN too. But with only one difference. Instead of creating a VPS you already have your client PC's where on one PC you have server+client. On another, you have the only client which connects to your server. Public IP's replace to your LAN ip's (192.168.0 or 10.0. or 172.0.)

Just do not copy-paste client files. Copy only the data folder and exe from 02_client to your RO client. data/ folder contain clientinfo.xml which have information on how to connect to your local pc. And exe which will connect to your local PC. And all interface and translation will be absolutely original. But I wish to admit, that a lot of items, and sprites, and so on will not exists in the game. 

Hi, please wait, I will update the post with another link. https://kutt.it/gHMwlb Try this. 
Or you can download directly an archive: https://kutt.it/pelBh1 (everything except client) and https://kutt.it/pQjeCm for client

Same issue.

To people who've been having trouble with setting up a  LAN connection and are only planning to play with a small group, you can try Hamachi instead. Granted it's not truly an offline method (or LAN for that matter), it's more of a last resort kind of thing. I've tried most of the guides here on the thread and none of them seem to work and the problem might be with my own network settings itself (like having a static or dynamic IP etc.)

First ensure that the ff ports are open: 6900, 5121, 6121 (You can find out how to do it here: -- REMOVED --

Refer to this guide: http://forum.ragezone.com/f84/guide-setting-server-hamachi-router-169296/

Follow everything to the letter except the portion about GRF files, and as for the sclientinfo just go to 07_Clean_kRO_Client/data and use notepad or whatever on the XML (Note you only have to do that last bit on other PC's, the HOST PC can remain untouched)

Once finished, just follow standard procedure, that is, OpenServer (Greenflag) > Runserver.bat > patched.exe

Edited by Emistry
Referral Links

On 5/29/2019 at 8:49 PM, RNT8 said:

Are you safe from outside people when playing online games like a guide? I would like to know rathena's security settings.

For this need to read readme.txt from first to the last line. There is added information about things that need to read and change first for security reasons if you trying to do something inside the internet with the package. 

On 5/29/2019 at 9:27 PM, nekrovex said:

To people who've been having trouble with setting up a  LAN connection and are only planning to play with a small group, you can try Hamachi instead. Granted it's not truly an offline method (or LAN for that matter), it's more of a last resort kind of thing. I've tried most of the guides here on the thread and none of them seem to work and the problem might be with my own network settings itself (like having a static or dynamic IP etc.)

First ensure that the ff ports are open: 6900, 5121, 6121 (You can find out how to do it here: -- REMOVED --

Refer to this guide: http://forum.ragezone.com/f84/guide-setting-server-hamachi-router-169296/

Follow everything to the letter except the portion about GRF files, and as for the sclientinfo just go to 07_Clean_kRO_Client/data and use notepad or whatever on the XML (Note you only have to do that last bit on other PC's, the HOST PC can remain untouched)

Once finished, just follow standard procedure, that is, OpenServer (Greenflag) > Runserver.bat > patched.exe

I already answer with examples how to setup everything in LAN, but it somewhere in 30+ pages in this topic. 

Edited by Emistry
Referral Links
  • Upvote 1

First of all, good job on the package, it's a big help to a lot of private server noobs (like me) who want to get back to the old days.

One question though,
Is dual client disabled by default in this package? I tried opening a second window and the mapserv.bat cmd prompt acknowledges that the second character has logged in, but he cant be seen on the other client/window and vice versa. I've tried looking around at the website but I only find tutorials on how to DISABLE dual client, not enable. I've tried NEMO to make sure that there's nothing in the EXE's to prevent dual client and there isn't. So it must be something else I'm too inexperienced to know.
Any help would be awesome. ?

17 minutes ago, nekrovex said:

Any help would be awesome. ?

To be clear I know about this bug. I hate this bug. I do not know what is the real reason for that, and what is going on. Because both characters from both windows in the game and they time to time do not see each other for some unknown for my reason. If someone knows how to fix it (this happens rarely, but happens) - I will appreciate it. 

• Content Count:  4

Thank you for your reply each time. I want to create a character in another language. However, when char_athena.conf is allowed, the character name will be blank when attempted.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  15

can configure the server?, like add npc, items, customs items?

i try create a news npcs but when i finish the job, the screen freezer...

i try edit the name, text and option of the npcs and same, screen freezer, u can help me?

sorry my english so bad

5 hours ago, Legi said:

can configure the server?, like add npc, items, customs items?

In this package, you can do whatever you want. Yes, you can change NPC's items, descriptions, NPC names, write your own NPCs and many other things.

6 hours ago, Legi said:

i try create a news npcs but when i finish the job, the screen freezer...

Can you show this news npc code?

6 hours ago, Legi said:

i try edit the name, text and option of the npcs and same, screen freezer, u can help me?

I do not know why your screen freezes. There are a lot of potential problems (95% of them related to mising files, or viruses, or whatever on your PC side).

On 5/31/2019 at 4:54 PM, anacondaq said:

In this package, you can do whatever you want. Yes, you can change NPC's items, descriptions, NPC names, write your own NPCs and many other things.

Can you show this news npc code?

iam tryy load a npc healer

I do not know why your screen freezes. There are a lot of potential problems (95% of them related to mising files, or viruses, or whatever on your PC side).

the script failed, the first time when i put @loadnpc is succefull but the npc dont load, cant see he, the second time say failed.

thanks for repost

screenrAthena_RENEWAL_201001.jpg

Edited by Legi

image.thumb.png.c578d0f1a4dae11628f59c37186ad798.png

Can be trouble with this error? because i try in prere load a npc and is failed again :l