Ragnarok Online complete offline server & client pack 2019 | Make your RO server in less than 5 minutes

anacondaq

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

16 minutes ago, pantechboy said:

hi. i already install the RO. can you teach me how to be Server in LAN which allow other computer in my home to join same game. Thank you

XXeCDci.png

Everything what you need (GRF Editor) you are already have in 04_useful tools folder. Install and open rAthena2017.grf inside it, find clientinfo.xml, and change address 127.0.0.1 to your LAN ip where will be hosted your game-server (example:192.168.1.101)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

can I use any KRO Client with your server pack?

I can't download the one you linked to, (the 2017.02.26 one) because im having trouble with mega. Do you have a mirror for it?

4 hours ago, ravine1991 said:

can I use any KRO Client with your server pack?

I can't download the one you linked to, (the 2017.02.26 one) because im having trouble with mega. Do you have a mirror for it?

you can use ANY up to date kRO game client from any mirror. Example: kro.nickyzai.com or from here:

there is not too much difference at all.

9 hours ago, drewzy said:

The client just stuck there and it isn't responding at all

.screenrAthena001.jpg.56f34303c976915f7b557c9504872a4f.jpg

Could this be the reason?
2017-03-21 07:06:10 14728 [ERROR] w:\modules\database\MySQL-5.6\bin\mysqld.exe: Table '.\rathena_log\picklog' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

yes, this is exactly problem of freezes. This happened when you turning off OpenServer incorrect (like fast reboot, while data not completely saved, or something like that). Try to repair it manually (you already have phpmyadmin which will help you to do it).

Or you can try to repair it with console (remember, you do not have mysql password for root user at all with OpenServer, so see screenshot below, it will show you can do it automatically for all broken tables)

HwOXVpg.png

1. Run OpenServer, then click on Green Flag -> Advanced -> Console
  2. Inside console write: mysqlcheck -u root -A --auto-repair
  3. Press enter, and mysql will repair all broken tables
  4. have fun

Edited by Anacondaqq
  • Upvote 2

Spoiler

52 minutes ago, drewzy said:

After I have manually repaired the Table '.\rathena_log\picklog' by using myphpadmin, the client works fine. However, it freezes again as the Table '.\rathena_log\feedinglog' is crashed when I tried to feed the pet. 

Then I followed exactly the method you stated above, going to console and typing "mysqlcheck -uroot -A --auto-repair". I expect all the broken tables will be fixed by doing this but when I tried to feed the pet, the client crashed again. 

I assume the repair was done as the operation just stopped at rathena_log.chatlog.
error1.thumb.png.16f1940f2b89d93eaa1a47624797eb1f.png

But when I close it, it shows that the process was incomplete.

incomplete.thumb.png.b4699e35929f91e8b9603f1a2f16174b.png

Did I make a mistake or something?

https://www.thoughtco.com/repairing-mysql-database-with-phpmyadmin-2693966

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=repair+mysql+myisam+table

2 hours ago, alo4321 said:

YOUR SERVER not working on LAN! PLZ HELP ME:o

Everything works fine in this package, only small problem with .cmd file for running prere, and nothing more. The RO offline pack is currently tested by almost a hundred people. And at least for a dozen or two - it works perfectly.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  123

Hi anacondaqq,

r u using nemo for hex your client?

2 hours ago, Psyche said:

Hi anacondaqq,

r u using nemo for hex your client?

yes

2 hours ago, alo4321 said:
Ahh okay, so how do I make these server files from offline to a LAN connection? Do you have any Idea how to change or to edit something on the script? plz :(:(

run with admin? Post errors here?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

Hi,

I did everything listed in the instructions, I Opened OpenServer (flag is green) , opened runserver.bat (everything works fine like in the screenshot)

I opened "2015-11-04aRagexe" that I transferred to my kRo folder and I get the error (Cannot init d3d OR grf file has problem)

I checked my DirectX and it is updated to the version 12, and I dont think my grf files has problem.

Do you think you might know what is the problem? Thanks

12 minutes ago, Pheng said:

(Cannot init d3d OR grf file has problem)

the problem with resolution or intel driver or wrong setup. You need do next for fixing client configuration:

1. Download opensetup
  2. extract it to your game folder and run
  3. select your video adapter (not d3d), ex: Nvidia, or Intel or AMD (i don't know what do you have)
  4. change resolution
  5. Apply and OK
  6. try to run game client one more time

If problem with intel driver (ofcourse if you have intel video adapter), just update it.

11 minutes ago, Anacondaqq said:

the problem with resolution or intel driver or wrong setup. You need do next for fixing client configuration:

1. Download opensetup
  2. extract it to your game folder and run
  3. select your video adapter (not d3d), ex: Nvidia, or Intel or AMD (i don't know what do you have)
  4. change resolution
  5. Apply and OK
  6. try to run game client one more time

If problem with intel driver (ofcourse if you have intel video adapter), just update it.

I can't choose any video adapter. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your quick response!

Edit: Btw I have Nvidia

here.png

Edited by Pheng

6 minutes ago, Pheng said:

I can't choose any video adapter. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your quick response!

Edit: Btw I have Nvidia

here.png

that's why you can't run RO. Sorry i can't help you, try to google at warpportal forum or at irowiki for solution for your problem, because here i can do nothing.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  911

Wow this is a nice release @Anacondaqq .
Keep it up +1 for this

5 hours ago, luismrb said:
Spoiler

Hello. Does this complete pack has a clientinfo.xml? Thanks.

Please use spoiler to hide so many text from first post. Yes this package has clientinfo.xml inside rAthena2017.grf

• Upvote 1

I'll be in touch and waiting for the newer pack update .

2 hours ago, phong chan said:

I'll be in touch and waiting for the newer pack update .

what do you want to see in next update? I'm planning feature now, like: compiler + source code + git + fixed founded bugs + latest rAthena

Edited by Anacondaqq
  • Upvote 1

• Content Count:  3

First of all, thanks for this awesome package. it made the whole process a lot easier to start for me.

i'd like to point out something though. those shortcut batch files you made are pointing to the wrong executables. it says map-server.exe when it's mapserver.exe. same for login and char server. this could explain the errors some people are getting.
There are two ways to fix this. either

1- rename mapserver.exe to map-server.exe, loginserver.exe to login-server.exe and charserver.exe to char-server.exe, which is what i've done since it's a LOT easier.
2- edit the hooks in all the batch files to adapt to the names.

On 17/03/2017 at 9:55 PM, Anacondaqq said:

XXeCDci.png

Everything what you need (GRF Editor) you are already have in 04_useful tools folder. Install and open rAthena2017.grf inside it, find clientinfo.xml, and change address 127.0.0.1 to your LAN ip where will be hosted your game-server (example:192.168.1.101)

is that it? so i've been going around the conf folder and changing stuff around in every *_athena.conf file, and then changing the sql server to my ip for nothing?

it's still not working for me. i intend to put a server on my permanently-offline 10-computer lanroom. like i said, i've been going around changing ips here and there, and i got all the server applications to see each other. But now i can't get any client, even on the same machine as the server, to connect. i've done what you suggested here already it for some reason it just doesn't work. there isn't even a log of an attempted connection on the login server screen. what gives?

ah, another question. what should i put in the data.ini file for it to read the data folder before reading the GRF?

it currently contains this:

[Data]
//1=rAthena2017PRE.grf // see readme.txt in PRERE/ folder
2=rAthena2017.grf
3=pallets.grf
4=data.grf
5=rdata.grf

[/code]

would this work?

[Data]
1=data/
2=rAthena2017.grf
3=pallets.grf
4=data.grf
5=rdata.grf

Edited by GraveUypo

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  911

7 hours ago, GraveUypo said:

[Data]
1=data/
2=rAthena2017.grf
3=pallets.grf
4=data.grf
5=rdata.grf

would this work?

yes it would work . but the first data that the client will read is 1data . the priorty will be directed to 1 or 0

8 hours ago, GraveUypo said:

First of all, thanks for this awesome package. it made the whole process a lot easier to start for me.

i'd like to point out something though. those shortcut batch files you made are pointing to the wrong executables. it says map-server.exe when it's mapserver.exe. same for login and char server. this could explain the errors some people are getting.
There are two ways to fix this. either

1- rename mapserver.exe to map-server.exe, loginserver.exe to login-server.exe and charserver.exe to char-server.exe, which is what i've done since it's a LOT easier.
2- edit the hooks in all the batch files to adapt to the names.

Hi, thank you very much for your bugreport. But i already know about the bug and already posted in the topic fix for it (but the fix not yet included to package, and i will add it with next update). Check this post: 

is that it? so i've been going around the conf folder and changing stuff around in every *_athena.conf file, and then changing the sql server to my ip for nothing?

it's still not working for me. i intend to put a server on my permanently-offline 10-computer lanroom. like i said, i've been going around changing ips here and there, and i got all the server applications to see each other. But now i can't get any client, even on the same machine as the server, to connect. i've done what you suggested here already it for some reason it just doesn't work. there isn't even a log of an attempted connection on the login server screen. what gives?

Main idea how it must works (like on live real production server). At rathena2017.grf in clientinfo.xml you set IP of the server where is hosted your game-server (emulator part). You must be sure, that you can see that ports of game-server host (6121, 5121, 6900) opened for all your internal network. Then just run emulator, copy-paste client to each host in your internal network, and play. If you stack, i can help you via PM, but it will be hard for me to find a time when i will be on (this is require chatting, forum platform is bad for it)

would this work?

I have not tested, but i think it will not work, because data.ini loads .grf files, not data folder, but try it, and maybe it will work for you. What about "read data folder first", i want to say that this exe in package diffed without "load data folder first" patch. You can manually diff your own exe and have "read data folder first" diff.

For that you need to do next:

1. Go to and click on "Click and Download" button o7TeCsT.png

2. Extract archive somewhere at your PC and run NEMO.exe, this is tool for patching kRO game exes via created by community diffs (diffs it's small modification (assembler changes)) in exe to enable / disable some functionality with kRO exe

3. Then you need to download CLEAN not patched 2015-11-04aRagexe.exe and extract it and place somewhere. For example you can download it from here: https://mega.nz/#!w84jRRjZ!iWjU1Qfsez_3nbTtqQuFWHsbda2IglPi7TBnzZWmJtI 

4. Then load this clean game exe to your NEMO tool, for example from here https://github.com/zackdreaver/UnpackedkROclients or here is direct link: download clean 2015-11-04aRagexe

5. Then you can select different patches which you wish to apply to your exe, you can do it manually by clicking on different checkboxes (some of them will not work, some will), and read description what this patch is doing (i know, documentation very weird, so you need everytime to check manually in the game what the patch is doing for you). Or you can select "recommended" patches, or load profile. I strongly suggest you at first time just for creating 2015-11-04aRagexe with "load  data folder first" patch to load pre-made by me profile for the exe which already in the pack.

F0BcaTm.png

Recommend patchlist you can download from here (.log file with names of patches) Recommend Saved Profile

6. Just click "load profile" and select this .log file, then just click "OK, OK, OK" to confirm pop-up dialogues.

7. Then find "read data folder first" patch, and select it.

8. Then click "Apply Selected" and you will get exe in output folder with all patches selected.

If you are lazy ass, i have prepared everything for you (.exe with Load Data Folder First).

Here is download link: download 2015-11-04aRagexe with read data folder first patch

(and not need to touch data.ini)

Btw, i made wall of text not really for helping you, but to show how to patch exes and how it's easy when everything already made for you by community (ai4rei, Neo, etc guys which did really most biggest and most hardest part of work)

Edited by Anacondaqq
  • Upvote 1

• Content Count:  3

3 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

Hi, thank you very much for your bugreport. But i already know about the bug and already posted in the topic fix for it (but the fix not yet included to package, and i will add it with next update). Check this post: 

Main idea how it must works (like on live real production server). At rathena2017.grf in clientinfo.xml you set IP of the server where is hosted your game-server (emulator part). You must be sure, that you can see that ports of game-server host (6121, 5121, 6900) opened for all your internal network. Then just run emulator, copy-paste client to each host in your internal network, and play. If you stack, i can help you via PM, but it will be hard for me to find a time when i will be on (this is require chatting, forum platform is bad for it)

I have not tested, but i think it will not work, because data.ini loads .grf files, not data folder, but try it, and maybe it will work for you. What about "read data folder first", i want to say that this exe in package diffed without "load data folder first" patch. You can manually diff your own exe and have "read data folder first" diff.

For that you need to do next:

1. Go to and click on "Click and Download" button o7TeCsT.png

2. Extract archive somewhere at your PC and run NEMO.exe, this is tool for patching kRO game exes via created by community diffs (diffs it's small modification (assembler changes)) in exe to enable / disable some functionality with kRO exe

3. Then you need to download CLEAN not patched 2015-11-04aRagexe.exe and extract it and place somewhere. For example you can download it from here: https://mega.nz/#!w84jRRjZ!iWjU1Qfsez_3nbTtqQuFWHsbda2IglPi7TBnzZWmJtI 

4. Then load this clean game exe to your NEMO tool, for example from here https://github.com/zackdreaver/UnpackedkROclients or here is direct link: download clean 2015-11-04aRagexe

5. Then you can select different patches which you wish to apply to your exe, you can do it manually by clicking on different checkboxes (some of them will not work, some will), and read description what this patch is doing (i know, documentation very weird, so you need everytime to check manually in the game what the patch is doing for you). Or you can select "recommended" patches, or load profile. I strongly suggest you at first time just for creating 2015-11-04aRagexe with "load  data folder first" patch to load pre-made by me profile for the exe which already in the pack.

F0BcaTm.png

Recommend patchlist you can download from here (.log file with names of patches) Recommend Saved Profile

6. Just click "load profile" and select this .log file, then just click "OK, OK, OK" to confirm pop-up dialogues.

7. Then find "read data folder first" patch, and select it.

8. Then click "Apply Selected" and you will get exe in output folder with all patches selected.

If you are lazy ass, i have prepared everything for you (.exe with Load Data Folder First).

Here is download link: download 2015-11-04aRagexe with read data folder first patch

(and not need to touch data.ini)

Btw, i made wall of text not really for helping you, but to show how to patch exes and how it's easy when everything already made for you by community (ai4rei, Neo, etc guys which did really most biggest and most hardest part of work)

that's awesome. i'll look into that, seems really useful. i thought the process to "diff" a executable was harder.

as for my lan conectivity issues, it's probably ports. i'll try changing them all to ports i know are open and free in my computer.

Spoiler
7 hours ago, Nedie said:

Thank you for the replay and helping me on this.

Hello,

Sorry for the reply

I already download the Visual Studio community 2017.  the link you give me.

i open the rathena-15 sln using VS

when i try to compile/build 

i saw this failed message. Can you help me on this?

The message is

" The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution".
3>Done building project "map-server.vcxproj" -- FAILED."

EDIT:

okay now i download the SDK version 8.1...

i try to open and build again.. but another error appeared.

See on attachements.

vs2017.jpg

vs2017 error2.jpg

For rAthena code compiling in Visual Studio 2017 community try next:

Spoiler

1. Run Visual Studio Installer

2. Click on Modify Button

3. Select next packages in Visual Studio Community 2017 from screenshots below for successfull compilation:

ffBuf6E.png

9NFFofd.png

nFodPJA.png

nJgH3Sv.png

rhhjC58.png

UyV6RYZ.png

Result: 

lDtKIDf.png

Edited by Anacondaqq

• Content Count:  4

million thanks for this classic sharing. 

will try later /e5

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13

@Anacondaqq

Hi again. Is there future updates on this? like new item.db for the latest kro? Newbie here
Like sarah's earring and etc.

Edited by chrismags

18 minutes ago, chrismags said:

@Anacondaqq

Hi again. Is there future updates on this? like new item.db for the latest kro? Newbie here
Like sarah's earring and etc.

what do you mean?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13

opps nevermind sorry about that, re-checked the item db and its there. thanks for the fast reply =)

1. here is another newbie question i have multiple pc on my lan network, shop owner here. how can i share my server to others? i mean i have dynamic ip address

2. it seems i cannot summon or find this specific mvp any ideas?

Despair God Morroc   (MM_MOROCC_ADT)   Mob-ID#3097
Edited by chrismags