Ragnarok Online complete offline server & client pack 2019 | Make your RO server in less than 5 minutes

anacondaq

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Hello @Anacondaqq

First of all, I want to thank you for this amazing package. There's a lot of work put into it for noobs like us, and I really appreciate it!

My boyfriend and I stumbled across this thread a few days ago.

We played on euRO together, until it closed, met there, fell in love there - RO really means a lot to us. But we can't find our home on iRO or the new euRO.

Now we hope to play together again, just the two of us, over LAN.

Unfortunately, we just don't get it to work, and because we have little to no experience, we don't know what we're doing wrong.

I read through the whole thread, and tried everything that came across, but it just won't work. Maybe you can tell us, what we're doing wrong?

Here's what we done so far:

- We tried both of our PCs as Server PC, but the problems exist on both sides, no matter who tries to connect to whom.

- We changed the IP in the .grf (rathena_RENEWAL_2018.grf)

- We cleared all ports in our firewalls, even shut down our firewalls for testing purposes.

- I ran Process Hackers - all ports are unused and free.

- We're properly connected over LAN on the same LAN Port to our Router - so both a Router and a direct connection should be available. We both use Windows 10.

Everytime the 2nd PC tries to connect on the Server PC, we get a failed Log-In.

My current idea could be, that it might be an issue with Open Server. When I go into the settings > Server, it shows the IP-address "127.0.0.1". I assume that it should be set to the PC's IP address - but every time I try to change it and then run the server, I get the error:

2018-07-19 01:04:10  --------------------------------------------
2018-07-19 01:04:10  Start server start-up procedure
2018-07-19 01:04:11  Incompatibility configuration: domain/alias localhost can be used only with IP address 127.0.0.1
2018-07-19 01:04:11  Failed to start!

Is this the issue? Or does our problem lie somewhere else?

Playing together over Lan would mean the world to us. I'd really appreciate your help in this case.

Edit:

Some additional information.

Since I suspected the Open Server ip to be the issue, I tried to fix this issue myself.

I changed the Server IP by going into Settings>Aliases, Source Domain: My IP, Target Domain: localhost

This worked in regards of running the server under my IP.

Then I went to the editor and changed every config file from the home IP (127.0.0.1) to My IP.

But when I start the emulator, it still attempts to log into 127.0.0.1, despite changing the IPs in the Config files (config files I changed: char_athena.conf, inter_athena.conf, login_athena.conf, map_athena.conf and subnet_athena.conf)

Am I missing a file to change - or are my attempts to fix the LAN-issues this way unnecessary? ^^;

Edited by Rutana

• Content Count:  3

Hey I Have Problem . @Anacondaqq

I Cant see anything.. i just see my status in corner T_T ..

Blank . i dont know what the problem

2z.png

Edited by kamvestid

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

Run setup.exe or download opensetup.exe, remove all old settings, and select your graphic adapter and resolution, it will help.

• Upvote 1

Can't work too.. T_T

11 minutes ago, kamvestid said:

Can't work too.. T_T

http://nn.ai4rei.net/dev/opensetup/

still cant work . what should i do .?

32.png

• Content Count:  6

Hello.

My pc detected Trojan inside one of the file. I accidently deleted the threat and now I can't log in. Which file could cause this and is there's a way to fix/replace it?

*I turned of all antivirus. Not sure how the virus got detected.

1 hour ago, Bloodbrick said:

Hello.

My pc detected Trojan inside one of the file. I accidently deleted the threat and now I can't log in. Which file could cause this and is there's a way to fix/replace it?

*I turned of all antivirus. Not sure how the virus got detected.

Sorry, I don't know about what are you talk about. Can you please add screenshot of the warning message of your antivirus about file detected, which file, which antvirurus and so on. Good tool for making screenshots is https://getsharex.com/ 

On 7/21/2018 at 3:59 AM, kamvestid said:

still cant work . what should i do .?

Reinstall drivers for your graphic adapter to latest version:

• Content Count:  6

3 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

Sorry, I don't know about what are you talk about. Can you please add screenshot of the warning message of your antivirus about file detected, which file, which antvirurus and so on. Good tool for making screenshots is https://getsharex.com/ 

I have no idea how can I check that. It's ok I'll just reinstall the package and start fresh. 

Thanks ?

• Content Count:  4

how do i change the font to a normal one?? its too small.. btw im using the 2018 client

Edited by Densha

2 hours ago, Densha said:

how do i change the font to a normal one?? its too small.. btw im using the 2018 client

The font is ok, you just have a scaling or too large resolution which is automatically scaled by Windows for different software, except very old RO game client.

Right click on the exe file, find a compability tab, and on it in scaling option select "System" or "System (Enhanced)". 

gcMcemv.png

Edited by Anacondaqq

• Content Count:  2

thank you for the 5 min for newbie .. program help me a  lot to experiment on my character build ..
how to uninstall ( open server x64 ) when the time i dont need it anymore .. already search the internet about open server seems i cant find any topic about it ( uninstalling )

/no1thank you again

2 minutes ago, Fukouda said:

thank you for the 5 min for newbie .. program help me a  lot to experiment on my character build ..
how to uninstall ( open server x64 ) when the time i dont need it anymore .. already search the internet about open server seems i cant find any topic about it ( uninstalling )

/no1thank you again

shift + del the folder. 

Edited by Anacondaqq

• Content Count:  2

12 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

shift + del the folder. 

good ol delete botton .... because of installation process that needed restart and stuff i thought it needed some kind bit complication to uninstalled 
thank you

1 hour ago, Fukouda said:

good ol delete botton .... because of installation process that needed restart and stuff i thought it needed some kind bit complication to uninstalled 
thank you

everything is portable, and can be used on USB flash drive. Nothing is installed to a system. 

First of all, thank you for this post, it is really amazing! ❤️

So, I've downloaded the entire folder and had no problems with that, but then I realized that the .exe was not working (20180530b).

I decided to test  others, to see if it was just a exclusive problem. Somehow, none of the ones that I've tested worked. I searched all across the internet and beyond to find some answer , tested all the stuffs that I found, without success. Ater that, I tried an old one, 2014 and it worked (with some errors, but it's something)! None of the 2015+ was working, and I do not know what the hell is going on ?

They do not open. No error message, do not appear at the task manager. I don't know what to do anymore ?

Help me ?

8 hours ago, digo7x said:

They do not open. No error message, do not appear at the task manager. I don't know what to do anymore ?

have you run opensetup? Have you checked your antivirus notifications? Maybe your antivirus detect the exe as a virus (who knows)? Have you installed latest drivers for your graphics adapter? 

4 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

have you run opensetup? Have you checked your antivirus notifications? Maybe your antivirus detect the exe as a virus (who knows)? Have you installed latest drivers for your graphics adapter? 

I got it already ?
I don't know why, but the game wasn't running on the windows' 64x default folder. I put in the 86x folder and it worked  pretty well. hahahaha ?

Thank you ❤️

@Edit
Where do I can change this?
image.png.b138c4762f28f892462d3182c3fd7596.png

52 minutes ago, digo7x said:

I got it already ?
I don't know why, but the game wasn't running on the windows' 64x default folder. I put in the 86x folder and it worked  pretty well. hahahaha ?

Thank you ❤️

@Edit
Where do I can change this?
image.png.b138c4762f28f892462d3182c3fd7596.png

inside grf clientinfo.xml or sclientinfo.xml (forgot)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I really enjoy your hardwork and efforts. I hate to say this, I'm newbie with this thing mysql, phpadmin, and other advance stuff. I used the renewal.
I have problem with map (I think) and server. long short story everytime I warp, the game crashed and not showing on server cmd thing, theres no error messages there.
1. Map

After I installed the game, base on your description I logged in with user: admin pw: 123456, create new char. Warping from tutorial room 1 until outside the ship theres no problem at all. But then when the quest wants me to go to the ship so I can go to prontera the game crashed. Don't know why and don't know how. And then I assuming it just a little problem so I don't really care. Run the game again, try to warp to payon, game crashed again. 

2. Server

In phpadmin I just edit the renewal_db->login, delete the 2 character, so only admin and s1changemeplease. and edit some conf file: char and battle to change the drop rates and exp.

All I want to do just enjoying my self playing ro cause I really miss the game

Untitled.thumb.png.917d90caba06f1803d6a09a64d6a96dd.png

23 hours ago, ABTP13 said:

I can go to prontera the game crashed. Don't know why and don't know how.

Download full kRO client which is delivered with the package. 

23 hours ago, ABTP13 said:

In phpadmin I just edit the renewal_db->login, delete the 2 character, so only admin and s1changemeplease. and edit some conf file: char and battle to change the drop rates and exp.

read readme.txt Everything explained there. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  74

Hello, thanks a lot for everything you do. 

I have 2 questions. First, how can i use gm sprites? there are the files but i cant use it. and

two. in the future are you update this sever, i mean, because there are almost every map and quest,  there are files of some bosses(mvp) but their dungeons and @summon cant be used.

Thanks a lot-

2 minutes ago, pueblodefairy said:

First, how can i use gm sprites? there are the files but i cant use it. and

http://bfy.tw/JQhY just edit grf with GRF Editor (clientinfo.xml or sclientinfo.xml (i forget))

3 minutes ago, pueblodefairy said:

in the future are you update this sever, i mean, because there are almost every map and quest,  there are files of some bosses(mvp) but their dungeons and @summon cant be used.

The package I'm updating from time to time, but it's not really necessary from my side, because it's totally unbound from my side. What does it mean? You or anyone else via reading readme.txt can update emulator, client-side, kRO, everything else by themselves very easy via using few commands to latest available versions of the emulator and client-sides. If you're looking for "latest content", I have for you a bad news, that the emulator just trying to copy features, and based on development from devs of the project, and community, in other words, it's like a building a house, where a lot of  things is interconnected to each other responsibility and possibles. Hard, right? In other words: until devs will do it in the emulator, you will not have a content, until translation project author did not push latest updates to client-side - you will not get the latest content, and so on. It's not what you can rush. The best thing how you can a little bit hurry, it's hiring someone to make a content for you and share it with everyone.