Ragnarok Online complete offline server & client pack 2019 | Make your RO server in less than 5 minutes

anacondaq

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  31

15 minutes ago, Anacondaqq said:

Oh, i really don't know. Are you need some easy to use tool to manage your database? https://www.adminer.org/en/ check this. Just download single file place it to localhost directory, and go localhost/script_name -> press enter, and its lightweight alternative for managing SQL without animation. What about phpmyadmin, I really don't know what error you have. 

I downloaded the "adminer-4.6.2.php" and place it to "03_openserver\domains\localhost". But i don't understand this part: "... and go localhost/script_name -> press enter ...". Can you explain me more clearly? (Sorry for my bad knowledges)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

3 hours ago, Edel Raid said:

I downloaded the "adminer-4.6.2.php" and place it to "03_openserver\domains\localhost". But i don't understand this part: "... and go localhost/script_name -> press enter ...". Can you explain me more clearly? (Sorry for my bad knowledges)

Open browser, run (green flag) open server. In browser address field type: http://localhost/adminer-4.6.2.php and press enter. In login field enter root, password field leaves empty. Connect.

9 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

Open browser, run (green flag) open server. In browser address field type: http://localhost/adminer-4.6.2.php and press enter. In login field enter root, password field leaves empty. Connect.

Thank you very much. It have worked very well! ?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37

Thanks for the update @Anacondaqq . Quick question , is the guild bound functioning correctly here? Can you tell me where to edit so I can set the bounded items to be deleted when a player is kicked or left the guild. thanks

Tested this - Working

Edited by kamirie

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7

Just want to leave a BIG THANK YOU here, this package is a huge time saver for singleplayer/LAN, no more struggle for a quick play on localhost ?

3 years ago I compiled the emulator myself and collected the necessary data to be able to play around in the singleplayer afterwards.

• Love 1

• Content Count:  1

I am sorry... but I am having trouble searching this topic.... what are the specific changes I need to change.... to make this accessible over the internet and not just locally  ?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  25

I'm very happy I see this post of yours in rathena. The last time I made my own server way back 2013 was really difficult and frustrating. But after I follow your instructions carefully from the video, I was amaze that it really work well without any problems. Thank you so much for sharing this and I realize that there's a lot of improvement from the last time I play my own client-server (2013).

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  25

It finally works now. Thank you so much for help!

On 5/12/2018 at 10:33 AM, evilecho said:

I am sorry... but I am having trouble searching this topic.... what are the specific changes I need to change.... to make this accessible over the internet and not just locally  ?

The package is not designed for that (it will work, but the main purpose of the package = education purposes).
Just continue reading each message on the topic, you will find many answers related to your problem.

20 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

This is a side effect of enabled VIP System, you can manually increase it (but it will require you to recompile the emulator).

You mean recompile the emulator by run "rAthena.sln" with Microsoft Visual Studio (build)?

• Content Count:  3

@Ayorn please help me sir how to LAN the game

9 hours ago, Shyne said:

How do I fix this?

'-'.png

set correct resolution and video adapter (opensetup.exe), if it does not help play with dininput.ini settings.

btw, it can be scaling issue too, so play with exe properties 

1.png.5c361fb809023e7590d5b08e29df6e6b.png

Edited by Anacondaqq

55 minutes ago, Lithreal said:

@Ayorn please help me sir how to LAN the game

read the whole topic, several times answered.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  4

becareful this client and source (Only if use for Public Online) 

(Ignore this comment if using for OFFLINE thanks)

Something from Client (some old item still missing) example "5377" Gentleman pipe missing spr. and more old .spr that can make you have loop error until crash.

Some script mistake from resource. rAthena github. (somescript /merchant not match)

That no way missing from translate github , (due to some mistake is very old , but this using 20170614 packet client)

hope it just some mistake and no backdoor or dangerous script.

because some of my customer try to using this repack for Public and ask me how to fix many thing.

sorry if it just your mistake delete something before. 

Please do not angry me anacondaqq  , just fixed for my customer and found and come to feedback.

thank you
regards.

Edited by goodev
Just see this made for OFFLINE

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to add a custom item, this error will pop up. Please help me @Anacondaqq I followed this

:

image.thumb.png.10ab8bb1edc9f893d36aada0d5790811.png

Now all items are invisible. ? please help

On 5/18/2018 at 7:31 PM, goodev said:

becareful this client and source (Only if use for Public Online) 

misinformation. This is for educational purposes only package. Main goal: educate people how its works and skip the very big part of the configuration for a running a product. This step can increase potential users for rAthena and RO. The main purpose again - education only. So please stop false alarming about it.

Something from Client (some old item still missing) example "5377" Gentleman pipe missing spr. and more old .spr that can make you have loop error until crash.

In the package used zackdreaver's client-related work (translation project), and provided credits and information where people should report about the bugs in the client, and added video guide how to update the game client. So, even if it's true (I did not test) please report the bug to the guy who maintains the translation project, or fix it by yourself.

Some script mistake from resource. rAthena github. (somescript /merchant not match)

This is misinformation. Because in the package used totally 1 in 1 the same codebase mirror from rAthena github repository. The code changes can be viewed with diff tool and commits (just 4-5 only) details very easy with any software for working with git repository, for example SourceTree or SmartGit.

That no way missing from translate github , (due to some mistake is very old , but this using 20170614 packet client)

You and anyone else have direct access to the git repository which is provided with the package and can track that this remote repository the same as the original one from the author. You have a video guide how to build a GRF for a client from raw data from these repos, and you can verify and view everything like you wish. So this is extra misinformation from you.

hope it just some mistake and no backdoor or dangerous script.

Another very offensive misinformation from you. Where can be "a backdoor" in opensource code, where sources are provided, where guides are provided, where everything you can review and view? Even provided guides how to compile the server, the package covers almost everything. If you do not like it or do not trust, don't use it. But blaming the package and writing something about backdoors is very annoying and disrespectful. Because I do not ask for any profit or paying for the work, all that I do for education purposes for newbies only. Can't deal with it? Reject.

because some of my customer try to using this repack for Public and ask me how to fix many thing.

This is an interesting quote.

1. You have a client, which paying money (client term) to you, and totally ignoring readme.txt, ignoring official statement from me related to the package, ignoring everyone else, and you still blaming and writing this misinformation? Is not it sounds very crazy and incorrect? No, seriously, someone paying you money, and you treat me? wtf?
  2. Nobody cares to read, agree with the distribution of the package, different 3rd party info provided, efforts, and still asking for something? Are you serious?

Please do not angry me anacondaqq  , just fixed for my customer and found and come to feedback.

No, I will be, please do not do that again, because I do it's by my free time, and helped a lot of people via this package, and this is very offensive when someone blaming some other work which is created with best wishes to the community and newbies without expecting anything in back.

Edited by Anacondaqq

Spoiler
On 5/30/2018 at 4:05 PM, Gollum said:

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with the Pre-renewal version. All Customs items make me sprite errors but on another client it works fine. Can explain to me the reason for this problem

On 5/30/2018 at 10:41 PM, Lithreal said:

I tried to add a custom item, this error will pop up. Please help me @Anacondaqq I followed this

:

image.thumb.png.10ab8bb1edc9f893d36aada0d5790811.png

You already have GRF Editor, and Several Database Editor and NotePad++, this is more than enough for adding items to the game client.
Try to play with Server Database Editor, or you can manually add an item to the game client via editing ItemInfo.lua file inside System/ folder.

The most common problem when adding an items, is encoding issue. Make sure that you always using korean one, and only korean one, everywhere, in your editor, in your file names, etc. Do not copy-paste something, try to think and read what you are adding. Actual guides and information how to add a custom item you can always find around rathena board. Do not ask me how to add custom items, there are already tons of guides which explain the same logic. You need to use guides which uses ItemInfo.lua file, not guides which touches .txt files inside grf.

Update 01 June 2018

Please check for the first post (topic) for changelog and information.
Google DriveFast Mirror 2Mega

Hi, I'd like you to know that I really appreciate your work. I did install this and is working great. I also configured this to work in my lan network so my kids can also play and experience the fun of ragnarok. They can connect to my server but the problem is we can't see each other in game. What could be the problem? I hope you can help me. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Dektator said:

I also configured this to work in my lan network so my kids can also play and experience the fun of ragnarok. They can connect to my server but the problem is we can't see each other in game. What could be the problem? I hope you can help me. Thanks. 

Hi, you have a login, char, and map-servers, what needs to run on only one of PC's on your network.

Each PC's in your network have their own IP's.

Inside the game client files,  grf (depends on the server with what mechanic you need rathena_RENEWAL_2018.grf or rathena_PRERE_2018.grf) inside these GRFs you have a file called "clientinfo.xml". To open a GRF you need to install GRF Editor and just open inside GRF Editor GRF and you will find clientinfo.xml file.

This file has information for the game client to which IP address need to connect.

By default, there is IP address: 127.0.0.1 which is localhost (own PC only)

So, the first step for making this package work in the network you need to configure game client grf by editing a value inside clientinfo.xml to IP address where is hosted OpenServer and launched the emulator.

Et0yTn.png

Second, you need to know your IP address of your PC where you have OpenServer and Emulator working. You can get such information from CMD (WIN + R, then type "cmd", hit enter)

And write a command like that:

ipconfig

You will see the output of the command with assigned IP address to your PC, in my case, it's internal IP address (internal IP address range are: 10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255, 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255 ,   192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255 )

xxBrQK.png

So, if I will run OpenServer and the emulator on my own PC, I need to edit clientinfo.xml from 127.0.0.1 to 192.168.0.100 in my case.

The second big step is to remove restriction from OpenServer settings, which by default locking all ports and all remote connections to open-server (this is for security purposes) from everyone.

gaiz6Q.png

For that go to OpenServer flag -> Settings -> Server -> Protect Server from external access checkbox.

And restart the server.

The third step is related to the emulator. By default, it's configured to launching on 0.0.0.0 interface (all interfaces) but I saw some changes from rAthena related to it, so maybe it will not work for the first time when you will launch client. This step is optional, if everything work since now, then not need to touch anything, but if for some reason you will not be able to see a player connected to your login, or char or map-server console from your network, that means need to edit files in your emulator inside <Your EMULATOR>/conf/import/ folder

I talk about next files:

• char_conf.txt
  • map_conf.txt

Replace 0.0.0.0 to your IP address of the PC where you running your emulator.

At this point, you need just copy-paste an edited GRF with edited clientinfo.xml to different PC's over the network (which your players will have the same IP in clientinfo where they will connect), launch OpenServer, Launch Emulator just on your own PC (your PC is server), and clients from their worn PC's will be able to connect over the network if network configured properly, and you can see different PC's in the Lan Network, ping them for example, I dunno, or exchange files.

BSriwz.png

When someone connects to your server, you will  see messages in your login/char/map-servers. If you do not see for some reason all messages in these servers.

Open again:

• char_conf.txt
  • map_conf.txt
  • login_conf.txt

And edit option:

console_silent: 0

to 0, to display all messages.

Hope, that will help you and other people too.

• Upvote 1

Was just checking this out for fun to play with before compiling the server, etc. But your guide is a bit humors ?  5 Minutes or less with a 20 minute video and then your 2 Minute or less guide suggests video or readme file ? Either way thanks for doing this just thought it was a bit funny ?

59 minutes ago, Kane Hart said:

Was just checking this out for fun to play with before compiling the server, etc. But your guide is a bit humors ?  5 Minutes or less with a 20 minute video and then your 2 Minute or less guide suggests video or readme file ? Either way thanks for doing this just thought it was a bit funny ?

I was waiting for the comment like that. Yes, the video is 20 minutes long. But the part which explains how to make it work is less than 5 minute, and as you see it even less than 30-40 seconds (to be clear), I just showing to people via slow illustration what need to click, where a need to go and so on. Rest 15 minutes of video is guides how to upgrade emulator, game client and so on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anacondaqq said:

I was waiting for the comment like that. Yes, the video is 20 minutes long. But the part which explains how to make it work is less than 5 minute, and as you see it even less than 30-40 seconds (to be clear), I just showing to people via slow illustration what need to click, where a need to go and so on. Rest 15 minutes of video is guides how to upgrade emulator, game client and so on.

It's a great guide I just wanted to tease you on it. I totally agree with you and you done a wonderful job ? Tanks for supporting the community. 

1 hour ago, Ghooost said:

I tried doing this on my MacBook Pro! And I have a feeling that this will be possible.. as I’m using Winebottler.

It will not work. These apps not compatible with MAC.