Ragnarok Online complete offline server & client pack 2019 | Make your RO server in less than 5 minutes

anacondaq

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

3 hours ago, LuffyKudo23 said:

Apologize for the confusion, game client is okay., it's just that the character freezes

you can open every window, move the mouse cursor etc., but the character won't move, sit, nor use emoticons :o

yea, this is because something is locking it. Usually, this happens because of broken mysql table. Emulator tries to send/save some data in the database but can't because of the corrupted table and then waiting for the response from MySQL server which response nothing as the result everything is freezing. This is common issue on windows in this package (because mostly of HDD drives & incorrect shutdowning PCs while openserver is working via just physically power off button pressing). Please try to find in the topic how repair mysql tables (i already made answer related to this) and do this for both tables main database and logs database. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

4 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

yea, this is because something is locking it. Usually, this happens because of broken mysql table. Emulator tries to send/save some data in the database but can't because of the corrupted table and then waiting for the response from MySQL server which response nothing as the result everything is freezing. This is common issue on windows in this package (because mostly of HDD drives & incorrect shutdowning PCs while openserver is working via just physically power off button pressing). Please try to find in the topic how repair mysql tables (i already made answer related to this) and do this for both tables main database and logs database. 

I am experiencing the same thing. I dont shutdown my laptop just let it run for days now character isnt moving. Tried fixing all mysql tutorials but nothing happened. Should i reinstall?

On 01.01.2018 at 10:10 PM, shuren00 said:

I am experiencing the same thing. I dont shutdown my laptop just let it run for days now character isnt moving. Tried fixing all mysql tutorials but nothing happened. Should i reinstall?

No, better check again if all MySQL tables are correct. If yes, then the problem with firewall / missing software (like VC++ 2010). 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5

On 1/1/2018 at 11:52 PM, Anacondaqq said:

sounds complicated...nosebleed here haha...but thanks Anacondaqq ;)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3

helloowww frends, i have problem with client side exe which i cant open it, always got "Has Stopped Working" maybe someone can help me, btw im use windows 8.1, thx so much

error.png

• Content Count:  2

Hello everyone, i am from the future :3 (just kidding). I made an account so i could say this:

This pack is amazing for starting with Athena server! Thanks!
Worked just as advertised on Windows 8. Just follow OP instructions and remember to run ROclient/setup.exe after everything is done.

Playing Offline is fine and all, but since i wanted to share it with my friends, i did some research on rAthena forums and eureka! running Online with minimal changes. Still, i am unsure why would you put data/clientside.xml inside the GRF... I know it is stated as an "offline" server... but is there any reason it should stay offline? like... major memory leaks or something i should be aware?

Anyway, if anyone else want to turn this into an online server like me, is not that hard, but here are some tips:
+ PortFoward all 3 ports (not just 6900)
+ map_ip & char_ip should have your WAN IP (athena/conf/map_athena.conf & char_athena.conf)
+ clientside.xml is inside "rAthena2017.grf" (you pasted it inside your ROclient)

Edited by Aghloe
typos, better explanation, avoid double post
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, asengjr said:

helloowww frends, i have problem with client side exe which i cant open it, always got "Has Stopped Working" maybe someone can help me, btw im use windows 8.1, thx so much

error.png

Hi, please try to provide full information as you can like:

• are you have a full game client? Are you running the exe from the folder where located full game, client?
  • are you see data.grf inside your game client? How about rdata.grf?
  • Are drivers installed on your PC? If no, you can install it automatically by using service like that: https://drp.su/en (please make sure that you uncheck software installation in different tabs, either the software will install tons of unwanted software like Avast antivirus and so on).
  • Is video driver installed? Are other games work fine?
  • Is VC++ 2008, VC++ 2010 installed?
  • Is your adapter (graphics card) available at opensetup.exe? If not, make sure you set correct resolution and select your own graphics adapter at opensetup.exe
  • If step above does not help try at the setting tab to delete all Ragnarok online settings (click on checkbox than click apply) and try step above one more time
  • is DEP enabled / disabled? (DEP) try to switch it to vise versa mode: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-xp/disable-turn-off-dep-windows/
  • Still not working? Maybe antivirus doing bad stuff against you?
  • Still no? If yes, at this point no one can help you, and no one knows where is the problem.

1 hour ago, Aghloe said:

why would you put data/clientside.xml inside the GRF

Hi, because this package is "template how everything looks like". You will not find any private game server with clientinfo.xml in the data folder. This is bad practice and can make some troubles. Usually, admins hiding such file and information inside it from 3rd party eyes, or even encrypt it to protect their servers against botters (very stupid move, because this way can be bypassed, but in some cases, this is very helpful practice). 

1 hour ago, Aghloe said:

I know it is stated as an "offline" server... but is there any reason it should stay offline? like... major memory leaks or something i should be aware?

Yes, several:

This is just template, this is not complete setup and far away from complete RO server. Yes, its provide some default functionality but beside it nothing more. What do I mean?
This is very simple:

• you need a lot of time to just read (and I do not talk about understanding and playing with) tons of configs, options, npc's docs files and so on to get some minimal basic skills
  • opening any public server is very big responsibility about what are you doing and what players receive. This server is just default codebase, and nothing more. The average game server has dozens of changes just to make emulator playable for others. If you think that you can just pull from GitHub rathena code, compile and run and you got ready to use server, you are wrong. Because default options at rathena in many cases very far from what players need to play. I can't name such things because there are dozens of them, just simple example it's' area_size option, this is the most frequent issue related to players reports. Usually, at all servers, the setting is increased. Some NPC's by default enabled, which is very dangerous sto have at the public game server. And so on... 
  • Only time & experience by hosting your own server and playing with friends and doing mistakes can help you to make your own private server like you wish. This package is about just starting point to show what needs to move.
  • The average server running on linux distros, not under windows.
  • Average provider client has grey IP, not white on, under NAT network (no public ip address, only local, and translation to public). That means in 90%+ cases people not able to host at home game servers due to limitations from a provider. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

Hi, please try to provide full information as you can like:

• are you have a full game client? Are you running the exe from the folder where located full game, client?
  • are you see data.grf inside your game client? How about rdata.grf?
  • Are drivers installed on your PC? If no, you can install it automatically by using service like that: https://drp.su/en (please make sure that you uncheck software installation in different tabs, either the software will install tons of unwanted software like Avast antivirus and so on).
  • Is video driver installed? Are other games work fine?
  • Is VC++ 2008, VC++ 2010 installed?
  • Is your adapter (graphics card) available at opensetup.exe? If not, make sure you set correct resolution and select your own graphics adapter at opensetup.exe
  • If step above does not help try at the setting tab to delete all Ragnarok online settings (click on checkbox than click apply) and try step above one more time
  • is DEP enabled / disabled? (DEP) try to switch it to vise versa mode: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-xp/disable-turn-off-dep-windows/
  • Still not working? Maybe antivirus doing bad stuff against you?
  • Still no? If yes, at this point no one can help you, and no one knows where is the problem.

Something Still gone wrong frends:

1. yes i have full game client , yes also running the exe from folder located full game client.

2. yes, i see data.grf inside my game client, i also see rdata.grf in my game client.

3. yes, drivers installed on my pc

4. yes, video driver also installed, all other games work fine like charm.

5. yes, VC++ 2008 and VC++ 2010 also installed.

6. yes, my adapter graphic card available at opensetup.

7. ????

8. yes, im also enable DEP for game client, restart the comp, but still got an error.

9. yes, still not working, im also disabled antivirus, but still got an error.

10. yes, still no, at this point im also dont know what the problem on my pc, but please help me.

11. i feel very confused why i cannot play this ragnarok offline, but i can play ragnarok gravindo and talon ragnarok

12. why i can play ragnarok gravindo and talon ragnarok? thats because i download at full client and install it, i once tried to install mini client but there no have install, and after that i try run both ragnarok gravindo and talon ragnarok exe but cant connect to server.

13. so the cries that i can say, please, frends can help me.

Untitled.png

Untitled111.png

Edited by asengjr
write wrong

18 minutes ago, asengjr said:

13. so the cries that i can say, please, frends can help me.

Are you using full game client from talonRO or other server with this package? If yes, they are not compatible. 

50 minutes ago, Anacondaqq said:

Are you using full game client from talonRO or other server with this package? If yes, they are not compatible. 

no, im using different game client which i download it from another website. but still got an error. sob T_T

On 06.01.2018 at 5:25 AM, asengjr said:

no, im using different game client which i download it from another website. but still got an error. sob T_T

sorry, i don't know how to help you. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  14

13 minutes ago, Anacondaqq said:

find and open script_constants.h

after

export_constant2("bAddStealRate",SP_ADD_STEAL_RATE);

add

export_constant2("bSkipAmmo",SP_SKIPAMMO);

my script_constants.h doesnt have export_constant2. when i try place export_constant2("bSkipAmmo", SP_SKIPAMMO); it gave 66 error. (can refer attachment).

also dont have export_constant("bAddStealRate", SP_ADD_STEAL_RATE); just have script_set_constant("bAddStealRate",SP_ADD_STEAL_RATE,false); so i try this

script_set_constant("bAddStealRate",SP_ADD_STEAL_RATE,false);

script_set_constant("bSkipAmmo",SP_SKIPAMMO,false);

still no luck.

also i try put export_constant("bSkipAmmo", SP_SKIPAMMO); at bottom, also not working. still giving pc_bonus : unknown type error..

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, arby89 said:

my script_constants.h doesnt have export_constant2. when i try place export_constant2("bSkipAmmo", SP_SKIPAMMO); it gave 66 error. (can refer attachment).

also dont have export_constant("bAddStealRate", SP_ADD_STEAL_RATE); just have script_set_constant("bAddStealRate",SP_ADD_STEAL_RATE,false); so i try this

script_set_constant("bAddStealRate",SP_ADD_STEAL_RATE,false);

script_set_constant("bSkipAmmo",SP_SKIPAMMO,false);

still no luck.

also i try put export_constant("bSkipAmmo", SP_SKIPAMMO); at bottom, also not working. still giving pc_bonus : unknown type error..

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Try to google around the board, i don't have enough time to install / download / implement the code.  You something is missing (to be clear constant).

Hi there!

I can log in with no error, but I can't play the game because it is extremely low fps, as if my video card can't handle the game, something like 1 fps.

I'm using an on-board video card and I can play iRO, bRO with no problem, everything runs really fine in these servers.

I tried the lowest resolution, different video combinations, optimize the video driver, but with no success.

I tried with Korean Ragnarok Online KRO 10-09-2017 and Korean Ragnarok Online KRO 30-12-2017

PC Specs:

motherboard: asus m5a78l-m lx

processor: amd bulldozer fx-6100

ram: 8gb

hd: 2 tb

SO: Windows 7 Pro

I'm a first time user trying to play offline server like this, please can someone help me with this?

Edited by EagleZero9

15 hours ago, EagleZero9 said:

Hi there!

I can log in with no error, but I can't play the game because it is extremely low fps, as if my video card can't handle the game, something like 1 fps.

I'm using an on-board video card and I can play iRO, bRO with no problem, everything runs really fine in these servers.

I tried the lowest resolution, different video combinations, optimize the video driver, but with no success.

I tried with Korean Ragnarok Online KRO 10-09-2017 and Korean Ragnarok Online KRO 30-12-2017

PC Specs:

motherboard: asus m5a78l-m lx

processor: amd bulldozer fx-6100

ram: 8gb

hd: 2 tb

SO: Windows 7 Pro

I'm a first time user trying to play offline server like this, please can someone help me with this?

Are you have AMD graphic card? Please try to play with your settings. Btw I heard, that AMD removed support for dx9 games (LOL)

The pack does not have any issues, just try to play with different settings, I can't help you with the problem. If you will find a solution, please share it with us here on the topic.

• Content Count:  1

Password needed to delete the character?

10 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

Are you have AMD graphic card? Please try to play with your settings. Btw I heard, that AMD removed support for dx9 games (LOL)

The pack does not have any issues, just try to play with different settings, I can't help you with the problem. If you will find a solution, please share it with us here on the topic.

I found the problem, I just installed all the directx versions, used an offline installer for this, just tested the offline server, it's running very smoothy.

Thank You everyone! xD

14 hours ago, liploji said:

Password needed to delete the character?

Please open conf/char_athena.conf and find the setting related to the feature and check. 

You will not find any private game server with clientinfo.xml in the data folder. This is bad practice and can make some trouble

Good Point! i will keep it in mind. I guess any proper bot-protection should be server-side but its a start :)

Only time & experience by hosting your own server and playing with friends and doing mistakes can help you to make your own private server like you wish. This package is about just starting point to show what needs to move.

So true, and i am so glad to have a nice starting point already compiled so i can take small steps to fine-tune it :)

The average server running on linux distros, not under windows.

Eventually when i am more confident of my knowledge of rAthena i will do so, there is so much that can be done with scripts config files and database so compiling its unavoidable. but for a small group of friends playing casual, testing and learning purposes i think this its great!

Thank you very much for an awesome post, and getting me started into rathena :)

• Love 1

Anacondaqq

• (๏ ̯͡ ๏) O'RLY? Have Patch Renewal Classic ????or Setting

On 1/16/2018 at 4:54 PM, nikujon said:

so in ragnarok offline rathena server available?,where?,thanks

as sprite yes, as real headgear like you describe - no. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2018 at 8:41 AM, lkakashil said:

Anacondaqq

• (๏ ̯͡ ๏) O'RLY? Have Patch Renewal Classic ????or Setting

What do you mean?
I'm planning to upgrade the package with latest features and missing updates as soon as it will be possible. 

Hello Anacondaqq, wonderfull jov you did. Just indstalled the server and was easy even me being a monkey :P

Anyways, I was wondering, can you get friends to connect to this server?

Thanks for the effort! :)

Edited by doofz
Being more polite

• Content Count:  8

17 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

the exe strictly bounded to the emulator (packet protocol version). The package does not cover any other exes except 2015-11-04 inside the package. Only one thing I can suggest - its wait for an update on the package. I will try to include many interesting features what will fix issues like this which will make the package more stand-alone for the foreign user and unbound it from my updates and waiting for updates (you will be able manually without me update / upgrade everytime when you will need it). ETA? As soon as possible. 

Thanks! Appreciate your work! It's been ages since I last played RO and just wanted to play it again and feel a bit nostalgic about it.