The hercules.ws Domain Name

Akkarin

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

This post should serve as our official standpoint on the matter. It's not up for discussion.

Anyone is able to register any domain they please. As it happens, the domain hercules.ws was registered because the previous owner of the domain let it expire. I've been told there was a sizable gap where anyone was free to register the domain.

Let me make a few things clear.
rAthena has no intention of causing strife between projects.
People at either project are free to register any domain they see fit to register, for any purpose. This is the case for anyone on the planet who has the means to register a domain name. The registration of this domain has nothing to do with our project, it belongs to an individual.

rAthena is not going out of it's way to generate problems.
While people are under the impression that "free speech rules", the Staff at rAthena have always kept their personal feelings and opinions of Hercules and their project management style to themselves.
To be quite honest, most of us don't care what they do and the Hercules project is of little interest to us.

rAthena will not tolerate any further under-the-table discussions behind people's backs. Conversations directed to Aleos, myself, the Project Developers or the Forum Moderators should be going directly to the involved party and not messages passed along through other people. 

We don't care for drama. If you're asked to carry messages back and forth, please simply say no. We're all adult enough to contact each other should we feel the need to.

There was once upon a time a news announcement on Herc's forums about them keeping their staff to themselves in terms of promoting an emulator, and expecting us to adhere to the same. We didn't need telling in the first place, we're not kids, it's common-sense. It's also a shame that certain members of their team are incapable of doing as they're directed. We haven't done anything about the chatter between the emu's before now, despite various infringements on our Forum Rules. We want no part in drama that members cause, be them from Hercules, RagEmu, RMS, Midgard-Community or anyone else.

This is the first, and shall be the only time I type up a post like this.

This post is locked. It doesn't require additional input or opinions. This is what we've done and what we'll continue to do, as a team.

• Upvote 6