Skills' Level

ProtoMan

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97

Hello, hope is the correct section, I search on the forum but I can't find no one topic that help me;

how I can change the max skills level, for example Heal from 10 to 20? Or Full Cheimical Protection from 5 to 10?

Thanks in advice.

3 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  790

It's not so easy. Generally speaking, the max level for monster skills is already higher, you could do that at least by just raising the level in mob_skill_db. For players, the max level is defined in skill_db, but just raising it might not be sufficient.

If you have levels above 13, you will need to update the define in skill.h:

#define MAX_SKILL_LEVEL 13 /// Max Skill Level (for skill_db storage)

Keep in mind that the system expects you to now define the required values for each level. It will try to continue a fixed pattern like when you define 4:8:12:16:20 it will automatically continues with 24, etc. but in other cases this can cause problem, like the values going negative in case of decreasing values. So in worst case you'll have to update all the skill_xxx_db stuff for every single skill.

Finally just increasing the level server-sided much not actually affect how much you can learn on the client. You might need to modify the client to allow values above 10, which I'm not sure if anyone knows how to do. You could also write your own client but then you'll be busy with that the next 10 years.

So in short, it's hard to do and that's why nobody replies.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  97

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, Playtester said:

It's not so easy. Generally speaking, the max level for monster skills is already higher, you could do that at least by just raising the level in mob_skill_db. For players, the max level is defined in skill_db, but just raising it might not be sufficient.

If you have levels above 13, you will need to update the define in skill.h:

#define MAX_SKILL_LEVEL 13 /// Max Skill Level (for skill_db storage)

Keep in mind that the system expects you to now define the required values for each level. It will try to continue a fixed pattern like when you define 4:8:12:16:20 it will automatically continues with 24, etc. but in other cases this can cause problem, like the values going negative in case of decreasing values. So in worst case you'll have to update all the skill_xxx_db stuff for every single skill.

Finally just increasing the level server-sided much not actually affect how much you can learn on the client. You might need to modify the client to allow values above 10, which I'm not sure if anyone knows how to do. You could also write your own client but then you'll be busy with that the next 10 years.

So in short, it's hard to do and that's why nobody replies.

Great, THANKS for the reply.
I will try this evening, thanks again