Good Hosting.

crazyarashi

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  763

Any Good Ragnarok Server host that supports a 2015-11-09 client or newer.

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

server hosting has nothing to do with any client ... they just simply...host server ...

client compatibility are depend on your server source and your clientside files.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12

All of Ragnarok server hosting service providers are the reseller.
If you have no idea how to configure the server. For example, install MySQL, git and no experience on the command line. Those providers could save your time.

But you must have to take your risk, they might not active all the time which mean if your server is down and you are hard to find them to fix it.

For my opinion, I won't use Ragnarok server hosting service again. I tried to use Rag**Hos*ing for prototyping before. And they suspended my server with unreasonable reason. I tried to get the logs for more information but they didn't provide it to me.

Currently, I am using AWS for my server. All the things are built with my hand. Btw, on this sides, you will need to spend a lot of time for doing research on how to install blah blah blah. XDD

UPDATE(12/3/2017):

Rag**Hos*ing has been sent the access log to me for references.

Edited by ValkyrieCK

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  72

find good vps hosting for u (OVH, Conoha,DO,etc) then hire some good pro dev around rathena to set up your ragnarok server. 

this forum provide so many information and guide for "dev wanna be" :D

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  399

On 14/02/2017 at 9:36 PM, crazystorm said:

Any Good Ragnarok Server host that supports a 2015-11-09 client or newer.

not sure if there is any available 2015-11-09 client.. but, i'm pretty sure 2015-11-04 client is avaible to be download here at rathena forum.

https://rathena.org/board/topic/104205-2015-client-support/

like emistry said, hosting have anything to do with client. just use any hosting will meet ur requirements & needs. then just simple adjust according to below.

in the db/packet_db.txt,

set packet_db_ver: 55

while in src/common/mmo.h

#define PACKETVER 20151104

and in src/config/core.h

//#define PACKET_OBFUSCATION

upon setup these 3 above, recompile back ur rathena. this is on server side.

last but not least, set verison to 55 in clientinfo.xml & don't forget to disable packet encryption in nemo patch.

Edited by hazimjauhari90

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  317

22 hours ago, ValkyrieCK said:

All of Ragnarok server hosting service providers are the reseller.
If you have no idea how to configure the server. For example, install MySQL, git and no experience on the command line. Those providers could save your time.

But you must have to take your risk, they might not active all the time which mean if your server is down and you are hard to find them to fix it.

For my opinion, I won't use Ragnarok server hosting service again. I tried to use RagnaHosting for prototyping before. And they suspended my server with unreasonable reason. I tried to get the logs for more information but they didn't provide it to me.

Currently, I am using AWS for my server. All the things are built with my hand. Btw, on this sides, you will need to spend a lot of time for doing research on how to install blah blah blah. XDD

I don't think an Abuse Notice from Hetzner is an "unreasonable reason" for me to suspend and subsequently terminate your server Stanley. AbuseMessage31009A14.txt

Besides, everything seemed to be too conveniently timed for this to happen. Due to the following reasons;

1. Your server was due in 4 days. (When the abuse happened)
  2. You were online during this whole thing, and amazingly, hopped on to LiveChat instantly after your server got suspended.
  3. You weren't as insistent about your denial on the issue (though of course you did deny it, just not at a level I expected).

A network-level firewall blocks non-RO related ports, and surprisingly the perpetrator used a common RO port (Map Server Port in this case, 5121).

We do not have an approved Paid Service on rAthena so I can't mention anything about our services other than for the intent of responding to your question, we support 2015-11-04 client right out of the box.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12

5 hours ago, Conflicts said:

I don't think an Abuse Notice from Hetzner is an "unreasonable reason" for me to suspend and subsequently terminate your server Stanley. AbuseMessage31009A14.txt

Besides, everything seemed to be too conveniently timed for this to happen. Due to the following reasons;

2. You were online during this whole thing, and amazingly, hopped on to LiveChat instantly after your server got suspended.
  3. You weren't as insistent about your denial on the issue (though of course you did deny it, just not at a level I expected).

A network-level firewall blocks non-RO related ports, and surprisingly the perpetrator used a common RO port (Map Server Port in this case, 5121).

We do not have an approved Paid Service on rAthena so I can't mention anything about our services other than for the intent of responding to your question, we support 2015-11-04 client right out of the box.

-> That does not the main reason you can say that I abuse

-> I am living in Asia, I got the email which said my server is suspended and the email said I need to con't tact you asap. That's why I find you immediately.

Here is the email that the system sent to me: 

Translate the date from chinese to english -> 2017/3/10 5:59 PM (I believe that you won't sleep or AFK @ PM 5:59)

123.thumb.png.e3dc0d4121fa39962453a2530cb0abbc.png

Chat log here (Started from 6:00 PM):

chat_log_1.thumb.png.7513470826108ffd081bfd78ce6a02ae.pngchat_log_2.thumb.png.53d080d174b5c90e2070bbd222ed6895.pngchat_log_3.thumb.png.0764b2b7edd4f0c9e1e44d88d8915530.png

-> no comment that is your feeling. I said I did not know why and I don't know the reason that made the issue happened. That's why I found you.

Finally, I got the access log. Thx @Conflicts it helps me a lot to avoid the same issue happen again. And that is what I want to find you and not to argue with you. At least I know why cause the server do something I didn't know and what I need to notice when I launch the server next time.

email_log.thumb.png.92a7fdaf9c1a188347cab3a0769e1770.png

Edited by ValkyrieCK

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

9 hours ago, Conflicts said:

This sounds a lot like "i'm not allowed to talk about our services, but i'm going to anyway". Your level of customer service is what got your Paid Service listing removed in the first place. Pull the other one.

I don't see much point in leaving this open for more replies that will undoubtedly be off-topic. Locked.

• Upvote 5