Item Descriptions (System/itemInfo.lua) 2015-11-04 Client

BreezyRO

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

Hi Good day rathena!

i would like to seek some answers/help if possible.

Im having a hard time trying to edit my item descriptions along with their names. its been a while since i last created an RO server :P

I guess its no longer the idnum2desc~/idnum2display~.txt

Well anyway i have already have some experience editing the System/itemInfo.lub from one of my servers which uses 2013 clients. and the thing is it has no such game guard protection such as gepard / ragna shield, so i can update / diff my client.exe -read lub-lua thingy, anytime i wish. without making petition tickets (hassle) 

I'm currently using a 2015-11-04 Client that reads System/itemInfo.lua (*not lub*)

upon reading some topics it will only be able to read lub files if i re diff my client to read lub's instead of lua's

But the problem is i will have to wait till i get my game guard rebuilt or something and that's a bit stressful.

So my main question is where can i edit my item descriptions and name?

without re diffing my client.exe.. because when i try directly editing my System/itemInfo.lua i bump into lots of errors and it wont do.

~EDIT~

I accidentally bumped into this https://rathena.org/board/files/file/2448-itemconverter/

Will this be enough or will i have future errors? Also can i patch via thor a an itemInfo.lua? *Just making sure*

Edited by BreezyRO

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  156

A few notes about that application:

1. Always check ErrorLog.txt , it will tell you which line that cause an error

2. It will set all item's ClassNum to 0 that will make your character is using barehand animation when attacking, if you don't include item_db.txt. Just my tips, using rA's item_db.txt will not be enough, because some weapons have unique view sprites, like Gladius and Stiletto, But it will do the job, no worries.

About patching with thor, I will leave that to other experienced user to answer.