Badges and Awards are Back!

Akkarin

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

For some time now, the Badges and Awards system has been dormant while cleanups of the forums has taken a priority. I'm pleased to announce that this system is now back in effect :)

The process is the same for badge recommendations. You can recommend a member of rAthena for a badge and one of the Moderators will take care of the issuance.

The requirements for badges has changed and is now no longer a set "You need to have x quality releases" as everyone's opinion of what "quality" is can vary. Both members and staff are encouraged to discuss the outcome of the recommendation before a decision to award is made (or declined).

You can view the available badges and awards from the Awards link under "Community" in the main navigation. You will also find the link to the recommendations page there too!

We've tried to remove some of the stigma and seriousness of these badges and would like to promote them as a fun addition to the forums.

Each of the tiered sets contains 3 badges. While there are a total of 27 badges available, you will only be able to have a maximum of 12 due to the lower tier badges being swapped out for the higher tier. So far the highest badge count for any user on the forums is 3 badges, so it should be easy enough to catch up and overtake older members if you're active enough.

Gotta Catch 'em All!?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1268

1 hour ago, Akkarin said:

Gotta Catch 'em All!?

Hold another community scripting event I'm mad that goddamnit is the only one with that badge. :) Perhaps whoever can come up with the best instance. Then they will all be released for free. But thanks for adding this back I haven't a single badge, so it's cool.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

1 minute ago, Skorm said:

I haven't a single badge

Someone recommend Skorm for a badge!! Hint: https://rathena.org/board/award-recommendations/

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  193

Send me a badge too please. Also +1 to Skorm's idea about the community scripting event. I'll probably lose out, but I do want to test out stuff here and there and see how it works, so yeah, that would favor those who are still learning and those who already got it in the bag.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  587

Love the Pokemon reference.

• Upvote 1