[Showcase] Nyanko

Nyanko

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11

Hey everyone!

First off all, I would like to make a fast introduction about myself.

My name is Gabriel and recently (a week and 2 days, to be more exact) I started to learn how to build Ragnarok Maps. I always wanted to know how to make them, but only now I decided to learn.

Everytime I make something new, edit or learn something I will update this post (main) or I will make a new post (new images, for example).

So, below, I will post what I already know, what I know but still have difficulties and what I didn't learn yet (I like to learn something and train for sometime, so I can learn the tricks and so on).

Spoiler

What I already know:

• Texture Edit;
  • Global Height Edit;
  • Detail Terrain Edit;
  • Raise / Lowerspeed;
  • Sloping;
  • Fill area with selected texture;
  • Wall Edit;
  • Object Edit;
  • GAT Edit;
  • Water Edit;
  • Sounds Edit;
  • Sprite Edit;
  • Making a Minimaps;
  • Making Slopes (how to create sloped terrain like ramps and how to make slopes on the edge of a map.);
  • Effects Edit (I learned how to implement them and so on.);
  • Lightmaps (after some trainment I improved on this, but I will continue training not only on this item, but on everything!)

What I already know but still have dificulties:

• Adding a custom Map to a Server (I saw how do that, but I didn't find a test server to do this without virus inside the programs... If anyone knows one test server safe, please, tell me ;P).

What I didn't learn yet:

• Making a Sky Map;
  • Adding custom BGM Music to a map (I saw the video, and it's seems to be not hard, but, since this one isn't one of the importants things for me right now, I decided to learn later;
  • And others (I don't remember all. I will edit this one later, when I remember them).

Below I will post my first map.

I made a prison, that can be used to substitue the Room of Meditation (Valhalla Prison).

Open the spoiler below for some images :D

Spoiler

qRwbfH2.jpg

7JvrPA8.jpg

Wmarti1.jpg

Zh6PkUG.jpg

vmuTgKq.jpg

5b9sVT9.jpg

Tff7HVe.jpg

Hope everyone will like he.

If you have any suggestion (what I can do to improve my maps or what I can create, for example) to me, please, feel free to tell me.

Soon I will post a new map that I'm creating xD

Edited by Nyanko
I learned new things!!
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1268

It's always great to see new talent.

Comment Answers:

Spoiler

@Skorm Hey man, thank for the comment! I promise I will continue training and improvising my mapping skills xD

Hey, everyone, right now I'm creating a snow park (little map 80x80). I will try to post some images today later.

Stay in touch with my topic!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  387

Oh a new mapper, how exciting!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Especially a snow park, I bet that will be cute!

Goodnight!!

Comment Answers:

Spoiler

Hello, @Chemical Crush!! How are you? I'm glad that you are liking my maps!! I promise I won't dissapont you!

Well, today I'm glad. But why? Because I will show my Snow Park that it's not a snow park anymore :ph34r:.

What I mean? Well... while I was mapping I thought: "This snow park is so... bored". So I decided to transform he into one little place with some houses and the park itself!

I would like to say that when I was mapping I was thinking about the Christmas, presents, the Santa, that's why I used the Christmas theme (some decoration and so on).

Hope everyone like!!

Spoiler

HYOTLgC.jpg

jg9OJaJ.jpg

LN7fLjz.png

8IpBoHM.jpg

LfBaPYl.jpg

gASn0ww.png

caeBle5.png

qGTUMpf.jpg

ROVppEm.jpg

Also, I would like to ask everyone something:

• What do you think about the Lightmaps?;
  • What do you think about the details? Like decorations and so on?

And, if you have any suggestions, tip or idea for a map, please, feel free to tell me!!

• Upvote 1

Your new map is cute, I think you are making great progress with playing with lightmaps!  I do have a suggestion though, it seem that your 'main light', if you have 2, both have 'casting shadows' I suggest only 1 to cast shadows.  Also, you should def smooth your shadows!  You can do this by going to Generate>Smooth Lightmap!  It just makes the shadows that are cast, not look so pixelated. 

Good Morning everyone!! 

Comment Answers:

Spoiler

@Chemical Crush Thanks for your comment! Glad you liked the map. First of all, I would like to thank you very much for the suggestions!! About the 'casting shadows', I did as you suggested and I liked the results! Thanks, one more time, for this tip. About the Smooth Lightmap, I liked he! But I got a question: How many times I should use? I mean... one time? two? And when I choose to Smooth, which number I use into the box? I use the number 1 or I should change?

@everyone:

Since I work, I won't promise that I will bring everyday a new content, but I will do my best to bring at least something to everyone see. :)

Today's first news is that I edited the main topic :ph34r:.  I learned how to make ramps and stairs!! But, of course, I still need to train a little more.

Also, I learned how to use the Smooth Lightmap and learned little more about the Lightmaps.

About the new content (map), I started to make a Simples Tea Room. He won't be big, probably 60x60 or 80x80 (max). I will try to put the maximum detail I can.

If everything go as planned, probably tomorrow morning I will post some photos (I will try to post something today, but I can't promise).

Stay turned on here everyone!!

I always keep it at 1 and i'll sometimes execute it twice, if I like how they look with just 1 ill keep it at just executing it once, if not, ill do it twice.

I hope that makes sense, can't wait to see your tea room!

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

I like dungeon maps :P keep the good work!

Edited by Olrox

Good Evening, everyone!!

Comment Answers:

Spoiler

@Chemical Crush Oh, I see. Thanks for helping me with this subject!! Hope you can continue to teach me a lot!! About the Tea Room, I did my best with the details. Tried to put some japanese words at the wall, but didn't work. But I still liked what I made. Hope you enjoy he (map) and if you have any suggestion, feel free to tell me :D.

@Olrox Hey, Olrox. How are you? Thank you very much for the positive words!! I will keep training my mapping skills! About my maps, if you have any suggestion, please, feel free to tell me. One day I hope I will be able to make maps like yours (the big ones, like Prontera Seasons and so on) :P.

@everyone:

Today's news is that I finished my Small Tea Room . 

At the start I was trying to make a 60x60 room, but, at the end, I used the proportions of 30x30.

Also, this time I tried to work more in the details part, lightmap and walls (diferents textures). Hope everyone like!

Click the spoiler below to see some images:

Spoiler

g8gyqv6.png

WfOVvJW.png

3hISMS5.png

bjZlbCF.png

Pm5nq36.png

About a new project, I think I will try to make a temple, but I don't have 100% certain yet. Who knows? But I can promise you all something: I will make and bring a surprise :D

Stay turned on here, everyone!!

Edited by Nyanko

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone!! What's up?

First of all, sorry for no updates until now (a week passed, I think). But, don't worry!! Today I will show you a new map that I created ;D

First New:

New Map:

What I created:

* A little map (40 x 40);

* Desert Theme;

* I tried to work as much as possible in the details;

* I liked what I made. The lightmap isn't too bad and the map itself is kind "fluffy" :O.

* I used, to gimme some inspirations, the History about the Pompeia City.

* Some images below:

Spoiler

AVuffUj.png

tLb7JH0.png

yciTt3k.png

If4SQBj.png

BQCDBoO.jpg

WxTgPsI.png

IfZVjMX.png

Second News:

* I was invited to help with map creation in the @Hijirikawa project. So, because of that, I won't be able to bring maps every 1~2 days, but I will continue to bring maps to everyone see. Also, I would like to thanks Cyan again for the invitation :P 

Third News:

* I edited the main post. I learned how to use the effects :D

I would like to thanks everyone for the comments and hope you all are liking what I'm creating ;P

Stay tuned. More maps coming soon!!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  193

Nice works here @Nyanko! Keep up the good work, it's refreshing to see people trying out mapping. All the best!

/no1

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  59

Nice work, I never be patient to start the mapping but it's still very cool to see new mapper =)

Good Evening, everyone!!

Comment Answers:

Spoiler

@HijirikawaThanks! I will try my best to bring better and better maps!!

@Yoshu Thanks! I'm glad you liked them! I promise I will bring more maps!!

@everyone

Today's news is that I finished another Desert Map Theme. But, this one is different from the last one. This one have Pyramids and much more!!

This time I will show you the map from three differents visions. One of them have a lot of details. The another one have details, but not so much as the first one. And the last have details, but less then the others two. 

But why I made three similar maps, but with these changes? Because some people like to play in a map with a lot of details, but at the same time others preffer to play in a map with not so much details or with a very little details. So, I wanted to make three options, for differents tastes!

Hope everyone like them!

Some Images below:

First Option (a lot details):

Spoiler

KjKbSmt.jpg

n7DJNOu.jpg

I8iDtVc.jpg

16DOby3.jpg

XqslnpK.jpg

iZo2qzQ.jpg

Second Option (less details than the first option. Also, this option have anothers minor changes too, if compared with the first option):

Spoiler

PFtyrJC.jpg

cdYYuQT.jpg

AdZMtGV.jpg

9EN9ffz.jpg

LWNyRa6.jpg

M215vmK.jpg

Third Option (less details than the first and second options. Also, this option have anothers changes too, if compared with the others two options above):

Spoiler

mpQ7hCE.jpg

kX9cUgF.jpg

ZUsvswo.png

lbc7jFI.jpg

Ua9ObOu.jpg

Another new:

• I edited the main topic! Yes, I learned new things!!

I would like to thanks everyone for the comments and hope you all are liking what I'm creating ;P

Also, please, feel free to comments and give me suggestions, ideas or critics!!

Edited by Nyanko

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  21

hey senpai o/

as usally nice stuff you do :>

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  403

Great to see another mapper! It seems that you make a lot of progress in each map you do. In your last map I'm specifically delighted to see that you've surrounding the map with hills/mountains to get rid of the black borders, which is a common rookie mapper mistake to disregard; I myself, have been guilty of that in the past too.

Maybe you could try to rotate and tilt some tree models so that, even when they are aligned quite neatly at the borders, there would still be some difference between them. 

All in all, nice work and please keep it up! Practice makes perfect. ;)

Edited by Najara
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Good evening everyone!!!

How are everyone? I'm sure you all thought that Nyanko died or left the mapping life, but don't worry! I'm back.

I didn't updated this thread as I planned because the University (lot of test's and so on) and Work. Of course I keept mapping, but slowly. But now it's summer and I have 30 day's break from College so... Let's back with mapping!!

Today I will show you to you, boys and girls, three new maps that I made. So, let's go check them!?

First Map: Mini-Forest

Spoiler

RDj7OJu.jpg

dsCoIdV.jpg

X5pilah.jpg

oW4ZmyY.jpg

A70kwCL.jpg

Fpd0XHV.jpg

Observation: This was my first big map that I made and I loved the theme! I hope everyone will like he :P

Second Map: Little Party

Spoiler

KrniUqo.jpg

DffAhRf.jpg

t5CkqrH.jpg

2rFzmP8.jpg

Observation: I made this map yesterday, after my friend talked with me and some others person about this theme, so I decided to make this little map. The sprites I implemented only to represent the party and festivity's members. The fire pit (at the mid) have effect, but unfortunatly I won't be able to show you guys, since I can't open a test server :(. Anyway, I hope everyone will like this map too :P

Third Map: Novice Ground - Little modification

Spoiler

BNhlD5R.jpg

RT7bhY8.jpg

W5wRsyj.jpg

Observation: I made this little modification after someone asked me to change a the Novice Ground. At first I thought that this would be a challenge, since I didn't had idea what I could implement, but then the person gave me the sketch with the idea he wanted and I made the modification. I loved to do this little modification, since I learnt how to use the GAT better than before (Do the Ship GAT was a challenge for me, but now I can do really faster, since I learnt). I hope everyone will like this map!

Also, please, feel free to comments and give me suggestions, ideas or critics!!