Noob here, need help setting up my rathena server online~

Jeromenciel

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

I just finished setting up my whole client and rathena server by following different tutorials, I can now login as GM, everything is set 127.0.0.1 which is means it is offline, I have my LAN and WAN ip, I just want to ask ways/steps so that I can share my server to a friend or two of mine, they want to connect to my server via internet connection, just want to know what is the easiest/simplest way for them to connect to my own server and how do I set their kRO client to connect to my own server. Also is domain hosting necessary? I mean we just wanna have fun. I hope you can give me step by step tutorial because I'm still newbie, thanks in advance~

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  21

As you Said just wanna  fun. Can Use Hamachi ..

STEP 1: Download Hamachi
Hamachi : Download

Download Hamachi from the link above. By using Hamachi you can avoid all of the router stuff.

STEP 2: Set Up Hamachi

First, click on the icon that looks like a gear and change your nickname to something you want otherwise you show up as Anonymous.

Next, click on the icon that looks like the Hamachi symbol (3 dots connected together). You want to create a new network. Give your network a name preferably the name of your RO server. You can set the password as whatever you want but make sure to give it to everyone else who wants to connect to your server. I recommend having the password be the same as the network name.

With all of that setup, you should now have an IP above where it shows your nickname. That will be the IP of your server. The IP given is static and will not change unless you reinstall Hamachi or you change the license of it.

STEP 3: Setting Up eAthena/rAthena

Go to your conf folder located in the eAthena folder. Your Hamachi IP is the IP that shows up on the top of the Hamachi window ABOVE your nickname

First open char_athena.conf. Only change what I mark

// Character Server IP

// The character server exports this IP address to the entire world.
// NOTE: You should only need to set this if you are running behind a
// firewall or are on a machine with multiple interfaces.
char_ip: 127.0.0.1 <------------- Change this to your Hamachi IP

// Character Server Port
char_port: 6121

Next, open map_athena.conf.

// Map Server IP
// The map server exports this IP address to the entire world.
// NOTE: You should only need to set this if you are running behind a
// firewall or are on a machine with multiple interfaces.
map_ip: 127.0.0.1 <------------- Change this to your Hamachi IP.

// Map Server Port
map_port: 5121

STEP 4: GRF Files

Open up the grf-files.txt. Remove the // in front of data.grf. If you have sakray installed, it should look something like this if you installed RO to the default directory.

//-----------------------------------------

// GRF List
//-----------------------------------------

grf: C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\data.grf <---------- make sure this is where it is located
grf: C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\sdata.grf <---------- if you don't have this, put // in front of it

// You may add more in this format
// grf: <data file path>

With all of the above settings done, you can now connect to your server if you setup the sclient.

STEP 5: Starting the Server

BEFORE you do anything, start Hamachi. Hamachi needs to be on in order for anyone to connect to the server.

Next, start runserver.bat. The login-server.exe, char-server.exe, and map-server.exe should all be able to connect to each other with your router and firewall on.

STEP 6: Creating A Patch So Others Can Connect

The final step is to create a patch and to show others how to connect to the server.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CONNECT TO YOUR SERVER MUST HAVE HAMACHI AS WELL. They MUST join your network and they can only join if you give them your network name and password. This is why you should make the network name and password the same as your server so it would be easy to remember. The password only needs to be given the first time someone joins your Hamachi network.

clientinfo.xml/Sclient.info.xml

<connection>						
				<display>YourRO</display>
			<desc>YourRO</desc>
			<address>Your Hamachi IP</address>
			<port>6900</port>
			<version>20</version>
			<langtype>1</langtype>
			<registrationweb>none</registrationweb>
			</connection>
  • Upvote 1

Thank you so much for that step by step procedure, I also think about using hamachi before but I don't know what ip is needed to be change in the char and map conf, also I read in some forums that it is not so recommended so I think twice even if we are just gonna be playing for fun. I have 2 more questions.

1. In my grf-files.txt file, the 2 grf path are both commented //, yet my server is working properly when I login, may I know what it really does?

2. Should I give the exact copy of my client to my friend? Or just let him download Kro(fully patched) and ragexe version that I use and give him my clientinfo.xml setup?

Thanks again~

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  21

@Jeromenciel

1.You can skip that step..Thats is mostly for custom eg: custom map grf)

2.If you give your copy of client to your freinds its better or else you have to give your custom grf and client.exe (clientinfo.xml which is located in custom grf)

• Upvote 1

Thanks, he is now downloading it, hope it works~