Cash Shop Sale System

Aleos

• Group:  Development Manager
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  732

Cash Shop Sale System
As of Git Hash: aaa4ea9, rAthena supports the official Cash Shop Sale System!

2qduatc.png

Features:

• Requires 2013-12-23 client or newer.
  • Requires GM level 99; until permission settings are implemented (implemented in Git Hash: 9384bd0).
  • Usage:
    1. Enter the item(s) you want to sell in your item_cash_db.txt using Type 8.
    2. Start the server or @reloaditemdb.
    3. The Special tab will be empty at this time, which is fine.
    4. Type /limitedsale and hit enter in the chat window in the client.
    5. Enter the item name into the Item DB Name field in the sale window.
    6. Fill in the data you want for the item:
      • Number of Sale: Amount of this item that is sold to players.
      • Sale Start Time: This is the Month / Day and then Hour : Minute of the start of the sale
      • Time to sell: How many hours the sale will last. 24h is max tested so far.
    7. Click Add Limited Item and wait for the start time that was entered to pass.

Thanks to @Lemongrass for implementing this!

Don't forget to leave comments and testing results! Thanks!

Don't forget to update your SQL tables with upgrade_20161224.sql!

Edited by Secrets
now available on master
  • Upvote 11

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1546

Cool update guys as always! /lv

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  383

@Everade

i know you've been waiting for this update :D you will surely love this.

Thank you @Lemongrass @Aleos and rAthena Development Team.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  547

Please also update your msgstringtables:
https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation/pull/73

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  174

Nothing against the implementation of the system, but all the information about the system I posted on hercules, posted here, at least a thank you for showing the packet that niguem realized and knew how the system worked.

I have this system since 2015 that one of my friends former Administrator of brAthena Megasantos created this system for my server. I then passed the packets to dev hercules and all system information, now copied the topic and posted here in rathena

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78

Good work!!!

Thank you very much!!

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

10 hours ago, Beret said:

Nothing against the implementation of the system, but all the information about the system I posted on hercules, posted here, at least a thank you for showing the packet that niguem realized and knew how the system worked.

I have this system since 2015 that one of my friends former Administrator of brAthena Megasantos created this system for my server. I then passed the packets to dev hercules and all system information, now copied the topic and posted here in rathena

Lemongrass does his own packet capturing and was a response to an issue on github that is pretty old now. We rarely go to Hercules because we know we won't find anything useful. Drama.Alert.

I'm not sure why you think you need crediting for packets that anyone can grab from the client in the first place. It's not a race to see who extracts them first.

Based on your reply, I guess I should thank IPS for allowing me to use forum software and letting me make this post. Credits to AMD for my processor working.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1443

44 minutes ago, Akkarin said:

Lemongrass does his own packet capturing and was a response to an issue on github that is pretty old now. We rarely go to Hercules because we know we won't find anything useful. Drama.Alert.

I'm not sure why you think you need crediting for packets that anyone can grab from the client in the first place. It's not a race to see who extracts them first.

Based on your reply, I guess I should thank IPS for allowing me to use forum software and letting me make this post. Credits to AMD for my processor working.

@Intel I7 5820k

I Thank you

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  174

1 hour ago, Akkarin said:

For sure, just like you did the clan system right? soon after creating the topic in hercules that rathena decided to make the system by pure coincidence.

Please don't tell lies, Created a topic here some days ago and developers was reading, why only after it has been posted that decided to implement?

I'm not asking for any credit, why I didn't create the code for the system.

It's not of today that information posted in hercules appear here and just take rathena and don't even say thank you.
Edited by Beret

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

You're right, we don't say thank you to Hercules - why would we if we don't use anything from them?

Lemongrass has been working on this on and off for several months. I find it disgusting that you accuse our devs of theft.

As for the Clan System, the PR for that had been on our repo and available to the public for many months.

Take your Hercules drama somewhere else. 

• Upvote 3

• Content Count:  383

3 hours ago, Beret said:

For sure, just like you did the clan system right? soon after creating the topic in hercules that rathena decided to make the system by pure coincidence.

Please don't tell lies, Created a topic here some days ago and developers was reading, why only after it has been posted that decided to implement?

It's not of today that information posted in hercules appear here and just take rathena and don't even say thank you.

Please, just accept the fact that rAthena is way better than Hercules. check your commits very slow and no progress at all. lack of contents.
we have to accept that rAthena is more better and have a great progress, every single Day, Dev at rA work on their commits and PR so on with those issues.
We don't need DRAMA here.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  265

5 hours ago, Beret said:

Please inform yourself. "rathena decided to make the system by pure coincidence."
Both projects are emulators for the same game. Are you so ignorant that you can't realize it's only natural that both emulators will try to develop the same features, which happen to be embedded into the same client we both use?

Besides that, it's open source and I cannot count the times Hercules merges things from rAthena and gives no credit. See: Dorams.

rAthena doesn't throw a fit every time this happens. I'd expect you to do the same.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

18 hours ago, Beret said:

niguem, Megasantos, who? which post?

hmmm

Do u refer to 

or to this? https://rathena.org/board/topic/107674-cash-shop-control-panel/

At least I know why u felt "I shared, but u mentioned nothing about me". There are some possibilities, but... ahsudahlah

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  411

4 hours ago, Cydh said:

niguem, Megasantos, who? which post?

hmmm

Do u refer to 

or to this? https://rathena.org/board/topic/107674-cash-shop-control-panel/

At least I know why u felt "I shared, but u mentioned nothing about me". There are some possibilities, but... ahsudahlah

He is Brazilian. He was probably using google translator and missed the word in Portuguese.

"niguem" must be "ninguém" that means "nobody".

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  9

7 hours ago, Nova said:

Hercules merges things from rAthena and gives no credit. See: Dorams.

ARe you serious?? cause I can see your name here http://herc.ws/board/topic/10774-new-race/ *-* Dastgir was working on the job waaaaaay before even rA starts on it.. being merged late doesn't mean its copied :D

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1096

First of all thank you very much for really nice feature =)

Spoiler

Btw, few cents about drama here, many people forgot how many features they STEALED from eAmod and shared here at board and punished Zephyrus with his awesome things to drama topic said very bad and rude words to him, then leak his private work to public on which he worked so hard. There are no emulator knowed by me which have been even "close" to his features which he were provide in 2008-2009 and support up to drama topics here & leakage to public. So better hold one a little bit "who is thief", and "who is stealing something". xDD (nothing negative to anybody, just few cents, because it's funny to watch when people starting to say something about "stealing" and totally forgot how many bad things people like them in past, and where are all of these people now? Offline? And where are  more awesome features (even paid) from talanted developers? xDDD

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  547

@Beret I am sorry that it looks like this to you. But as you can see in the linked topic I started to work on this feature months before Mister M posted your packet definitions here. Believe it or not but I actually did not even know about it, before you mentioned it. I did not take this topic as a base, like Luxuri said he shared his codebase with me, which I also did not use, since it was incomplete too. I can also tell you what I was missing was the packet for updating the "remaining amount" since I could not capture it on any official server. This is why I did not continue to work on this. But just recently I got a newer packet definition list from someone who does not want to be mentioned here and who actually should get the credits for it.

Same goes for the clan system. It was actually only because I was too lazy to clean up my codebase that we did not publish it earlier. I got the packet definitions for most of the clan packets from Yommy when he was still active and sharing things with rAthena members.

Additionally I feel a little disturbed about the fact that you would have shared some information but it was hidden afterwards. How should I know that this is your content and that I would have to credit you? If you want to share some information with us feel free to do so and you will see you will get credited for it. But like this it was a bit strange for me reading your blames.

As I said I feel sorry because of this misunderstanding but this is not based on any of your intel.

Edited by Lemongrass
  • Upvote 4

• Content Count:  587

1 hour ago, Anacondaqq said:

STEALED from eAmod

/offtopic

eAmod is forced by eAthena's license to be released under GNU GPLv3. No one has stolen anything from eAmod or Zephy because everyone with access to eAmod's codebase is permitted to re-release the software or a portion of it under the same license.

Oh, and eAmod code is a mess.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  122

Thank you ! :D

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  265

12 hours ago, acheraf said:

ARe you serious?? cause I can see your name here http://herc.ws/board/topic/10774-new-race/ *-* Dastgir was working on the job waaaaaay before even rA starts on it.. being merged late doesn't mean its copied :D

Bahaha! Please don't talk unless you know what you're talking about:

https://github.com/dastgir/Hercules/commit/50153d0a719828450440882ba59bde9606d5b95f

I'm not saying he didn't do anything himself, he did plenty. But those credits on Dastgir's personal fork sure are nice.

Too bad they didn't survive the transition to Hercules. Anyway, this is getting out of topic. Nobody cares.

Good job on the release @Lemongrass. I'll definitely play around with this on my own server soon.

Edited by Nova

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  164

It is true that credits are important thing to every opensource projects. And since @Lemongrass already clarified it, let's just cut the drama and move on.

Great release as always btw.

Edited by exneval
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  192

Thanks a lot, appreciate it!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  6

wow! Exactly what I've been looking for!

• Content Count:  122

How can i fix this?

: DB error - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
[Debug]: at cashshop.c:296 - INSERT INTO `sales`(`nameid`,`start`,`end`,`amount`) VALUES ( '919', FROM_UNIXTIME(1482976800), FROM_UNIXTIME(1482980400), '100', '1' )

when i try to put a item in the window the console give me that error.

• Content Count:  153

Jesus, why all this war?
What is the matter that rAthena update this feature after Hercules?

I appreciate all the efforts that the devs are putting into the emulator and I'll help with I can and have to maintain RO alive and well :)

That's the spirit that you guys from Hercules and everyone else should have.

Thank you @Lemongrass

Edited by Fratini