GRF Editor - How to properly decrypt? (SOLVED)

rakuzas

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  459

Hi guys,

I encrypt my main grf before and already generate cps.dll.. But after that, I decided to decrypt in since I cannot update encrypted grf files via thor patcher.. So, I decrypt the grf files.. So.. to edit, I no longer need to input my encrypt password and my grf files can updated with thor patcher..

My problem is, when I delete or rename cps.dll, my client wont run and said cps.dll is missing.. How do I fix it? Any idea? Already check diff with nemo that custom dll is not load..

Thank you in advance~

Edited by rakuzas

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Content Moderator
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  639

Hello.

I wrote a complete guide on Encrypting using GRF Editor.

If you read it carefully, you'll notice several errors of conduct on your procedure.

I encrypt my main grf before and already generate cps.dll..

Not wrong here, but you should test everything before using it in a live server.

But after that, I decided to decrypt in since I cannot update encrypted grf files via thor patcher..

You can send Encrypted GRFs and Encrypted Files via Thor Patcher using GRF Editor to create the patches, see the Guide above about that.

So, I decrypt the grf files.. So.. to edit, I no longer need to input my encrypt password and my grf files can updated with thor patcher..

Couldn't understand what you did neither why you did that.

My problem is, when I delete or rename cps.dll, my client wont run and said cps.dll is missing.. How do I fix it? Any idea? Already check diff with nemo that custom dll is not load.. 

RO has an official cps.dll, it needs to be used encrypting stuff or not.
GRF Editor generates a CUSTOM one to be used.

There's no need to touch cps.dll, even if you're not using Encrypted stuff anymore, unless you've changed the password.
Get the official cps.dll on any DATA folders releases somewhere in the forum or generate a new one using the same password you used before, also, same .exe name.

And, to finish the answer, to decrypt a GRF you just need to use the same menu that encrypts it if you know the password.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  459

Thanks.. IDK why I do that for my live server before.. xD But after decrypt, my client can load normally with cps.dll.. Then if i rename other than the client name I encrypt before, I will got error but still read my GRF though.. So I think case closed.. Thank you..