replacing map problem, need korean folder name

andrew0960

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  37

so im trying to replace the wonderful seasonal prontera map that was made by Olrox, but my grf folder are in korean, so simply by putting the files in grf doesnt work for me :( i might need the offical name of those folder and perhaps to rename some of the file name to korean.

can anyone help me with that? thanks so so so much!!!

https://rathena.org/board/topic/87866-prontera-seasons-pack-of-4-prontera-edits/

7 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1096

I think this is what you're looking for: https://rathena.org/wiki/Data_Folder_Structure

yes!!! thank you. 

there are also some other bmp with names like tom_µµ½Ã01, tom_µµ½Ã02.. and .rsk files like ³ª¹«01  ³ëÁ¡»ó03 .. :( those are a bit hard to find..the actual korean name

I really hate people who sharing their work, and which not finishing project like it should to be done.

They spent a lot of time for creating it, but they not spending just few seconds to create normal ARCHIVE with saving encoding!

Here is short guide how to convert ANY such extracted files from archive with very shitty encoding (destroyed by archivator or system encoding) to native default korean.

You should try to use GRF Editor, this tool will save million hours of your time. Look what you need to do for any problems with encoding which you have when extracting anything from such archives:

1. You should download and install GRF Editor

2. Download sprite / map archive which have bad encoding after extracting.

At screenshot below i have downloaded prontera map, and extracted to my folder. I have next picture:

xNbkJO1.png

As you see folder names and files inside folders which uses Korean default encoding after extracting files from archive - now broken.

So, what to do? You should to do next:

3. Open GRF Editor, go to settings: and select Display Encoding to Korean like on screen below, then click OK.

9SI500P.png

4. Then click File -> New -> New GRF

5. Go back to your folder with sprites, and Drag'n'Drop to GRF Editor window your folder, like on GIF below

RvA9kGz.gif

What happened? After Drag'N'Drop file with bad encoding (but not modified by your hands) to GRF Editor, GRF Editor automatically detect it and suggest you to fix it automatically. So, in result you will have now after that action "good encoding".

6. So, now it's time to extract files with NORMAL encoding to your any other folder and have fun. For that you should right click on parent folder with files and click "Extract -> Extract Folder ..."

UTgvqPu.png

7. Select path where you want to save new files, and voila -> you will get converted from "bad" to "good korean" encoding files.

P6kDLgS.png

Such method will save you a lot of time to solve any issues with broken encoding after extracting sprites / actions from archive (usually zip / rar (7z uses as i remember unicode, and fix encoding problem by itself)). You can do that trick for any amount of data and convert encoding easy as 1-2-3. Have fun with it, i hope i helped you /meh/kis

Edited by Anacondaqq
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  173

map files just go on the data folder

ex:

data/prontera.gat

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

korean name = official name

gibberish text or unicode are just conversion.

map files just go on the data folder

ex:

data/prontera.gat

right i get that part but there are also other bmp under model such as ³ª¹«ÀâÃÊ-T and ÇÁ·ÐÅ×-T which simply repacking doesnt work.:(

korean name = official name

gibberish text or unicode are just conversion.

right, i mean the files of the link are in gibberish and the files in my grf are in korean. i have tried to repack it but seems like i need to rename the gibberish to korean first, but im not sure which file supposed to be whihc

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  173

I think this is what you're looking for: https://rathena.org/wiki/Data_Folder_Structure

yes!!! thank you. 

there are also some other bmp with names like tom_µµ½Ã01, tom_µµ½Ã02.. and .rsk files like ³ª¹«01  ³ëÁ¡»ó03 .. :( those are a bit hard to find..the actual korean name

yes!!! thank you. 

I really hate people who sharing their work, and which not finishing project like it should to be done.

They spent a lot of time for creating it, but they not spending just few seconds to create normal ARCHIVE with saving encoding!

Here is short guide how to convert ANY such extracted files from archive with very shitty encoding (destroyed by archivator or system encoding) to native default korean.

You should try to use GRF Editor, this tool will save million hours of your time. Look what you need to do for any problems with encoding which you have when extracting anything from such archives:

1. You should download and install GRF Editor

2. Download sprite / map archive which have bad encoding after extracting.

At screenshot below i have downloaded prontera map, and extracted to my folder. I have next picture:

xNbkJO1.png

As you see folder names and files inside folders which uses Korean default encoding after extracting files from archive - now broken.

So, what to do? You should to do next:

3. Open GRF Editor, go to settings: and select Display Encoding to Korean like on screen below, then click OK.

9SI500P.png

4. Then click File -> New -> New GRF

5. Go back to your folder with sprites, and Drag'n'Drop to GRF Editor window your folder, like on GIF below

RvA9kGz.gif

What happened? After Drag'N'Drop file with bad encoding (but not modified by your hands) to GRF Editor, GRF Editor automatically detect it and suggest you to fix it automatically. So, in result you will have now after that action "good encoding".

6. So, now it's time to extract files with NORMAL encoding to your any other folder and have fun. For that you should right click on parent folder with files and click "Extract -> Extract Folder ..."

UTgvqPu.png

7. Select path where you want to save new files, and voila -> you will get converted from "bad" to "good korean" encoding files.

P6kDLgS.png

Such method will save you a lot of time to solve any issues with broken encoding after extracting sprites / actions from archive (usually zip / rar (7z uses as i remember unicode, and fix encoding problem by itself)). You can do that trick for any amount of data and convert encoding easy as 1-2-3. Have fun with it, i hope i helped you /meh

oh wow you're amazing... its like a headshot to my problem...

thanks so much /kis

a million of thanks cant even express my thankfulness now!