Auto mode/softbot extension

curiosity

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133

About

[Only tested with 2012-04-10aRagExeRE - will likely currently be broken on new clients (though it won't hurt to try)]

With this extension installed, players can use the new chat command /auto (alias /idle) to initiate a simple auto pilot mode. When activated, the message [AUTO MODE] will appear above the player's head, and the player will proceed to attack any visible enemy and otherwise roam around on the map. The mode is deactivated by typing the command again. One use case could be to make grinding less tiresome on low rate servers without allowing full bots. Please note that you can't access any GUI elements while /auto is active, except for typing in the chat window.

cxqy0JP.jpg

In contrast with bots, this:

• Works through the client, rather than as a separate layer between the client and server
  • Is limited in terms of functionality (e.g. no item farming) and can be further restricted by modifying the source code (e.g. if you want to exclude certain maps)
  • Easy to use, and can be switched on and off through the chat window

This release is the culmination of a few experiments modding the client. If you can program, you might want to consider using the source code as a base for other projects. One idea could be to use the code to easily swap packet headers as to make life harder for bots and similar tools.

Installation

Download the binary below and put rextensions.asi in your main Ragnarok folder. Files with the .asi extension will automatically be loaded by the client if sound is enabled. The DLL can also be added as a static dependency to the client by using a patcher such as NEMO.

Download

Source code

Binary download

Edited by curiosity
  • Upvote 8

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  235

You've always released a unique tool :D looking forward on this does it support 2015+ clients?

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

war between 'artist' player against server owner will never end /heh

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8

Well I'll be damned. I didn't think we'd get to this point in RO's lifespan. /panic

You've always released a unique tool :D looking forward on this does it support 2015+ clients?

Worked for me.

Edited by Dairyll

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

war between 'artist' player against server owner will never end /heh

you said war? There was never any war between cheaters & server owners. There is always simulation of "war" from server owners, and this simulation mostly looks like war of seller against his money. The people who buying protections they buying not protection against cheaters, they buying players opinion that they are in safe place to play with fake fair rights. I know only two guys in all Ragnarok Online scena which were won cheaters & cheating software (these guys super-skilled, and spent really a lot of time for fighting against cheaters), but the results of this war - were empty servers without players.

P.S. btw, nice feature.the sad part of it, that this feature will be 100% used for botting on any server =)

• Upvote 1

I made a couple of bug fixes, updated the download.

Well I'll be damned. I didn't think we'd get to this point in RO's lifespan. /panic

Worked for me.

It worked with a 2015 client? I expected maybe late 2013 at most in it's current state :)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8

I made a couple of bug fixes, updated the download.

Worked for me.

It worked with a 2015 client? I expected maybe late 2013 at most in it's current state :)

Should've typed "worked" since it's buggy depending on the client for 2015+. By the way, for early 2012 to late 2013 clients, it just stops whatever it's doing after a few minutes. Not sure what's happening there.

Edited by Dairyll

Yeah, I noticed it would occasionally stop seemingly for no reason. Should be fixed now. Though I haven't fixed recovery in situations where it wants to kill something on-screen that it can't reach. E.g. a lone pupa on top of a cliff is currently very dangerous. There are also certain situations where the atrocious path finding of the Ragnarok client can't find calculate a path to enemies that not far away. If it works with some - but not all - 2015 clients then it may be because the sections (or simply the section names) weren't restored by whoever unpacked the client (i.e. removed the Themida protection). 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1167

any guide to use this tools?

i just understand to copy rextensions.asi into main ragnarok folder.

after that i don't know what to do.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  587

any guide to use this tools?

i just understand to copy rextensions.asi into main ragnarok folder.

after that i don't know what to do.

With this extension installed, players can use the new chat command /auto (alias /idle) to initiate a simple auto pilot mode.

there you go

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1167

already try that, but showing 16 pop up error.

post-5318-0-62387000-1476949722_thumb.jpg            post-5318-0-63001600-1476949782_thumb.jpg               post-5318-0-38308200-1476949829_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-76594500-1476949747_thumb.jpg            post-5318-0-48026000-1476949797_thumb.jpg               post-5318-0-14081300-1476949844_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-28793900-1476949761_thumb.jpg            post-5318-0-04671100-1476949811_thumb.jpg               post-5318-0-36489800-1476949869_thumb.jpg

and when try in game it's show invalid command.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  141

About

[Only tested with 2012-04-10aRagExeRE - will likely currently be broken on new clients (though it won't hurt to try)]

The client you're using has different addresses for the client's structures, so it won't work.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  459

On 21/10/2016 at 5:10 AM, Nitrous said:

The client you're using has different addresses for the client's structures, so it won't work.

Have any idea how to edit to make it works with 2015 client?

Edited by rakuzas

• 2 years later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Any updates on this? Hehe