[Solved]Sprite errors when creating a character

knives420

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12

So im not sure i am new to this so sorry in advance. but server runs fine. i have not been past the character screen yet, i started with exe 2015-09-16aRagexe_patched when i use that it does not display a character at all, it well let me create one but will not show it in the select screen it just show bland slot and wants me to create one even though there is one already in that spot, my rathena is compile for 45 but the pack_db says 46, i tried both with same resaults, when i use 2015-11-04aRagexe_patched, after enter my password then my pin it gives me a sprite error on char select, i created a new account with no characters and i get this sprite error cannot find file : sprites\uu+a'\aoe\32\summoner_32.act  on the char screen with no chars , im not sure what to do at this point, i ahve the latest server files from github, and those are the latest clients i am able to find, i dont know what to do at this point so im turning here for guidence

Edited by knives420

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  258

Hi there, well firt you need to have an updated Kro or data.grf you can download this:

Akkarin [2016-06-22]

For seen your ítems in english and your buttons, after instal your KRO you copy and paste this files data and system that are here:

Translate Project of zackdreaver

To fix your packet problema first you must go to your:
packet_db.txt

search for your exe date in that case is 2015-11-04:

//2015-11-04aRagexe
packet_ver: 55

Now you know your packet ver and in the same file search (btw is in the top):

//packet_db_ver: 46
packet_db_ver: default <--- you change "default" for your packets in this case "55"

After you sabe you must go: src/common/mmo.h

Find:

#ifndef PACKETVER 
    #define PACKETVER 20130807 <--- in this place you must put the date of your exe in this case 20151104
    //#define PACKETVER 20120410 
#endif 

For this you must to compile your server to make it run with that packet ver.

Now in your Client side(In your data folder or your customdata.grf)​ search the file: clientinfo.xml

Find:

<version>46</version> <---Here you change it to the same packet you put in our packet_db.txt in this case 55

With all this your server must run fine, if the problems continue just answer here :) good luck!

Edited by Helly

Thank you for your reply i will give that a try and let you know how it went, , sorry for not being more spacific in whats steps i taken to get to this point. the guide i followed was https://rathena.org/board/topic/104452-tutorial-how-to-create-ragnarok-offline-2015-client/

i will get back to you soon as i take the steps you have provided me, thanks again

Alrighty got everything setup, Now i just get rejected from server, only thing my console give off on start up is rosad.gif

everything is set the same in map and char_ethene, roo an same password as my server, i even have a user named ragnarok on my sql server with the same password

Edited by knives420

• Content Count:  281

Have you configured your conf/inter_athena.conf?

yes i checked those to, i just solved it , i had to turn off obsfucution in my server files, and disable encryption on my client, i have succeslully loggs in, thanks to you help

Now, every item is in it sprite name i believe, like a knife is has bunch of symbols for its display name, i image its my lua files causeing this

Edited by knives420

• Content Count:  281

Now, every item is in it sprite name i believe, like a knife is has bunch of symbols for its display name, i image its my lua files causeing this

What client patcher are you using? Did you use NEMO Patcher? If then, patch your client with Translate client to english and please provide an updated copy RO translations

I redownloaded that Translation you provided after a pc restart and making sure i have Translate Client( Recomended) Check When diff pacting, the sprite names are gone but now is in korean haha, i went to check my xml it got set to type 46 and language 0, i switched it back over to 55 and 1 and the names went back to the sprite names, i then changed my language in the xml to 0 and the names went back to korean. so im not to sure if im getting the wrong language number or im missing something really simple. once again thank you for your time and effort

oh and all the npc and menus are in English 

• Content Count:  258

In the system folder your itminfo must be iteminfo.lub(open with notepad++ check the lang), btw you dont diff to read a custom iteminfo right? The items desceiption is only defined by the iteminfo.lub

Edited by Helly

when i open the iteminfo.lub with notepad++ its all garbled encryption, no i dont think i diff my client to read lua file instead of item info, when i select that option it says patch canceled new value same as old

ok i figured it out, i was not paying enough attention, the path to read the lua files before the lub was set to , System/iteminfo.lub instead of iteminfo.lua, everything is in enlish . once again thank you for your time!!