Item names became korean after editing lub files

junjic

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15

I added some sprites to my data.grf. So i opened it and added some info to my lub files. after editing i use grf builder to make the data folder go back to data.grf file. Now item names became korean and I don't know why. Did I miss a step when using grf builder to maintain the english names? And what do you call the gibberish text on the sprite names? im having a hard time naming my sprites because of it. :( Thank you very much.

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  258

Please make shure to use  Grf Editor this program automaticly decript to korean whe you put in the files and when you extract it change to a decripted languaje. For custom items is not necesary to add gibberish text on them, the only giberish is for add the genere in them ¿©_Helmet.spr(female) ³²_Helmet.spr(male), are you using iteminfo? or the old ver? check this guide Custom Items, and good luck. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much. I'll look in to in and get back here if anything comes up! :)

Please make shure to use  Grf Editor this program automaticly decript to korean whe you put in the files and when you extract it change to a decripted languaje. For custom items is not necesary to add gibberish text on them, the only giberish is for add the genere in them ¿©_Helmet.spr(female) ³²_Helmet.spr(male), are you using iteminfo? or the old ver? check this guide Custom Items, and good luck. 

I used the Grf Editor, I can see the lub files but I can't edit them. It says they're read only files. Any idea about that? Thanks!

Thank you very much. I'll look in to in and get back here if anything comes up! :)

I used the Grf Editor, I can see the lub files but I can't edit them. It says they're read only files. Any idea about that? Thanks!

Yeah you cant edith there you must extract it, edit it and add it again(first erase the older one and save and then add the new edited and save)

• Upvote 1

Yeah you cant edith there you must extract it, edit it and add it again(first erase the older one and save and then add the new edited and save)

Will do. Thanks you're the best! :)

@Helly Hi! I made progress now I can equip, drop, and use my custom item. I made it as a "Costume" item and it works. BUT I can't load the sprite. everything is working fine except that. I can equip and unequip it. It reads the textures and stuff but the sprite doesnt appear equipped on the character. So it's like im not wearing anything. Any idea where I was wrong? I set everything right for accname.lub, accessoryid.lub, and iteminfo.lub but it cant seem to fine my sprites for male characters. I made the file name "³²_" with this for male folder.

In the itemdb did you add the idview that you set in the accesoryid?

ACCESSORY_VALKYRIE_FEATHER = 300,

19506,T_Valkyrie_Feather_Band,T Valkyrie Feather Band,4,0,,0,,0,,0,0xFFFFFFFF,63,2,1024,,0,1,300,{},{},{}

ID,AegisName,Name,Type,Buy,Sell,Weight,ATK[:MATK],DEF,Range,Slots,Job,Class,Gender,Loc,wLV,eLV[:maxLevel],Refineable,View,{ Script },{ OnEquip_Script },{ OnUnequip_Script }
Edited by Helly