How to deploy a private server

junjic

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15

So, i've set up my server and now i can log in and roam around do some gm commands and stuff. Now, I don't know what to do. Is it possible to host the private server i made using only my laptop so a few of my friends can play with me? if yes, do I just send them the whole folder I made with the patched ragexe just copied and pasted? sorry if this is a noob question. I've been trying to make a private server for weeks, now it's done the only thing I need is to host it on my computer like a test server then play with my friends and then in the future maybe expand. I'd like to do what other private servers do in installing. Like most of them makes the players Download kRO->Download Client/patcher and extract to kro folder. Now i dont know how to make the installer for the client/patcher. And someone told me something about port forwarding. Thank you.

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  122

use hamachi instead if you dont know how to portforward. /yawn

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  587

- Set your server up

- Configure the IP in login_athena.conf, char_athena.conf and map_athena.conf

- Adjust the IP in clientinfo.xml

- Port forward (This step is different for every different router models so you have to find out how yourself, sorry)

- Send your friends the client. (The one you are using is fine if you can join your local server, with the IP adjusted of course)

- ???

- Play

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  15

@Alvins182

M: Do you know how to go to the restaurant with the best kimchi?

Y: Go buy kimchi at the grocery instead, if you don't know how to go to the restaurant.

/yawn

This is done for Lazy people like you. dont knw how to use search engine. Waiting for feed as what use example.  /pif

School is a place for learning.

Schools have teachers.

Schools have students.

Students have 0 knowledge.

Teachers have 99% knowledge.

Teacher teaches students.

Students gain knowledge.

Simple right?

based on what you said.

School is a place for learning.

Schools have books.

Learn by yourself.

Don't ask questions or you're lazy.

What's the point of having this part of the forums if you can't ask questions and think every noob question does not deserve an answer. Just because you know the answer, you expect everybody to know it too by googling it for a while. Can you learn all programming languages on your own? Can you learn mathematics and all formulas on your own? OF COURSE! We'll see how long and how deep your understanding will be. That's why we ask questions from those who know the answer if we're stuck. We ask help to ask for guidance. I tried to google, I tried to search but everything I read I don't understand and you assumed I didn't do anything. Your arrogance sir, is overflowing.  /yawn

- Set your server up

- Configure the IP in login_athena.conf, char_athena.conf and map_athena.conf

- Adjust the IP in clientinfo.xml

- Port forward (This step is different for every different router models so you have to find out how yourself, sorry)

- Send your friends the client. (The one you are using is fine if you can join your local server, with the IP adjusted of course)

- ???

- Play

I'm done with steps 1-3 and i can log-in as a gm. Thanks for your answer. Now I know I can really host in my laptop. Patched ragexe is enough and patcher is just an option. And port forwarding is the way to do it. So I'll read more on port forwarding and how to do it on my router. Thanks again!  /no1