Browedit r620 Crashes when Saving

Sage

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  111

Hi all- I recently switched from Browedit revision 586 to 620. It works fine, except half the time when I try to save a map, the program crashes. This seems to be the only time it crashes, and it's really frustrating and has resulted in more than a bit of work being lost.

Does anyone know why this might happen and how to fix it?

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  658

• Version 586: only for the final save, this version is buggy otherwise and should be avoided as much as possible.
  • Version 620: everything else.

You should not work with 586 for anything other than texture work. It has issues regarding the rotation of models (it's not rotating in the correct order). This cannot be fixed later on unless you redo all those objects manually. If you do not rotate your objects, you can use version 586 but you'll risk having a different map while using the client afterwards.

The problem with 620 is that it doesn't calculate the quadtrees properly when you save it, so you have to switch back to 586 and save with an older version which was working fine for that part. (Bad quadtrees = black squares.)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  206

I usually do, all maps in 586 if everything is finish my final save will be 620. i usually do Save As. not 'Save' or else it will get crash.

I usually do, all maps in 586 if everything is finish my final save will be 620. i usually do Save As. not 'Save' or else it will get crash.

I would do that, but newer models and textures do not work at all in 586, so if I'm making a map that uses them at all, I'm stuck using 620. I would not be using 620 if I didn't have to, since 586 has worked fine for me since 2008.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

I would do that, but newer models and textures do not work at all in 586, so if I'm making a map that uses them at all, I'm stuck using 620. I would not be using 620 if I didn't have to, since 586 has worked fine for me since 2008.

Normally, people work on texture with 586 to avoid black spot in-game. 

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  206

I'm not sure about that, i tried with newer models specially those new prontera it works fine with me.

And also FYI: 586 was 01-Jun-2010

Not 2008 if your mentioning 2008 that was 490+ something unless if your Borf you have that tool since 2008.

I'm not sure about that, i tried with newer models specially those new prontera it works fine with me.

Well, this is my problem:

I am trying to get newer assets like the models and textures from 16.1/16.2 (New Prontera, Lasagna, Terra Gloria, etc) working on my maps. Browedit 586 is my preferred version of browedit to work in, and has been for a long time- But any map that uses those assets crashes Browedit immediately, and when I try to select them from the model/texture window, I get an error that looks like this:

cd93c53731dd16824a28049533d95ad4.png

The advice I was given was to switch from r586 to r620. These assets work fine in 620, but the unpredictable, frequent crashes when attempting to save (and Save As) in 620 make it impossible to work in without losing work every 5-10 minutes and wasting a lot of time.

Because I can't get 586 to support these assets on my computer, I don't have the option of switching back and forth between 620 and 586. I don't know why they don't work in 586 for me presently, because I did get the New Prontera assets working on my old laptop, but at some point I fear that switching to a new PC or rebuilding my texture/model file after a kRO patch is what broke things.

If you have managed to get these assets working on 586, could you share your files? I've tried at least a dozen different fresh installs and minor configurations to browedit for months but can't get this working.